Dot Counting Wycombe 10k - Oct 28th

Attendance tracking

Steve Gilbert

With the games coming thick and fast, no doubt a big away following from the plucky long ball team I will be very surprised if we can’t get 10k next Saturday.
IMO we should be selling this out especially if we get a positive result on Tuesday night.

We had just over 10,000 against Wycombe last season off the back of a poor start and dissatisfaction around the transfer window.

Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't get more this season with the feeling around the place right now, and with it being over half term too.

First count for this one at midnight last night is showing very good sales of 6,825.

That's our highest midnight on Sunday figure of the season, even higher than the Exeter game at this stage. However about 1,000 tickets were "sold" on the Tuesday of the Exeter game, so I suspect it will (temporarily) drop a little behind that game, but may then overtake it later in the week, particularly if results go our way tomorrow night.

We are 200 ahead of Blackpool, 550 ahead of Bristol Rovers, and 900 ahead of all other games at this stage. If the plucky non league team from High Wycombe bring a decent following, on their big day out, we should comfortably exceed 10,000.

First count for this one at midnight last night is showing very good sales of 6,825.

That's our highest midnight on Sunday figure of the season, even higher than the Exeter game at this stage. However about 1,000 tickets were "sold" on the Tuesday of the Exeter game, so I suspect it will (temporarily) drop a little behind that game, but may then overtake it later in the week, particularly if results go our way tomorrow night.

We are 200 ahead of Blackpool, 550 ahead of Bristol Rovers, and 900 ahead of all other games at this stage. If the plucky non league team from High Wycombe bring a decent following, on their big day out, we should comfortably exceed 10,000.
Off to the ticket office to get one for my partners lad, - fromgoing to a few of games last season, he's got an OUFC membership, and he has been to almost all home games this season ( Pizza Trophy excluded- and he missed the early kickoff V gas due to him working till 1.30pm ish on most Saturdays) so far

Last edited:
Never mind 10,000, we should be aiming to sell out all home areas of the ground for this one.
Pretty unlikely I would have thought. There were close to 1,200 home seats not sold out against Blackpool ( including some half price tickets and the family day)
I am not sure why 1,200 people wouod think that Wycombe is a better game to fo to than Blackpool?
Colin suggested that we are 200 tickets ahead of Blackpool, but I wouod be surprised if we do sell 1,200 more this week.

Having said all of that, crowds are growing year on year, which must be good.

I think if we had won against Blackpool this game would sell out but I think 10,250 would be a respectable attendance

I'm heading down with my daughter. She's 13 and a big Oxford Utd fan (staying committed throughout despite last season). I'm a Palace fan (sorry about that but only moved to Oxford about a decade ago) so this is the first time I've seen this derby. Does it get a bit choppy with the fan rivalry or is it still pretty calm and family friendly? All the Oxford home games I've been to so far have been very decent and welcoming (about 16 odd games so far) so I assume this one will be alright. When I remember the Palace games of my youth I shudder a bit but the game has thankfully moved on everywhere I think. PS - I've said it on here before and I'll say it again: Oxford Utd is a grand club with a brilliant history.

The club is a lot quieter and more isolated from the public this season. There’s no focal point and things like the FMFF on Radio Oxford have disappeared. You get the odd interview clip on The Dub podcast or maybe a vox pop included on the occasional matchday show, but overall the club doesn’t really talk to the county directly anymore. There’s no engagement on a basic level when it comes to telling the public to buy a ticket for a game.

Product and retail marketing is markedly better, there’s more content across social media etc, all of which is good to see, but the bread and butter in terms of getting people along to a game has more or less fallen off a cliff. The general lack of clarity and communication on the ticketing front is what is keeping things pegged back, IMO. Yes crowds are still up regardless, but they could be even better by simply having somebody tell the Oxfordshire public that they want them there.

I'm heading down with my daughter. She's 13 and a big Oxford Utd fan (staying committed throughout despite last season). I'm a Palace fan (sorry about that but only moved to Oxford about a decade ago) so this is the first time I've seen this derby. Does it get a bit choppy with the fan rivalry or is it still pretty calm and family friendly? All the Oxford home games I've been to so far have been very decent and welcoming (about 16 odd games so far) so I assume this one will be alright. When I remember the Palace games of my youth I shudder a bit but the game has thankfully moved on everywhere I think. PS - I've said it on here before and I'll say it again: Oxford Utd is a grand club with a brilliant history.
Nah - it’ll be fine. It’s not a ‘proper’ rivalry. Reading later on this season will be spicy in the more traditional sense, but not Wycombe. Bristol Rovers games are usually more heated than Wycombe ones, and that was lukewarm at best.

It really isnt a derby with rivalry ( despite WW desperation for it to be so) - when we play Reading, and at some time when we next play Sw*nd*n those will be rather spicey.

Incidentally my late grandad was from Croydon area, and an Eagles fan, he made the move to Oxford after WW2 , my Uncle has been a ST holder since the late 60s , my late mum and Auntie were/are also OUFC supporters, my mum was a St holder at the Breeze Block ( obvs they all moved with my grand folks from South London to Oxford)

Last edited:
The club is a lot quieter and more isolated from the public this season. There’s no focal point and things like the FMFF on Radio Oxford have disappeared. You get the odd interview clip on The Dub podcast or maybe a vox pop included on the occasional matchday show, but overall the club doesn’t really talk to the county directly anymore. There’s no engagement on a basic level when it comes to telling the public to buy a ticket for a game.
1698067383002.png

It really isnt a derby with rivalry ( despite WW desperation for it to be so) - when we play Reading, and at some time when we next play Sw*nd*n those will be rather spicey.

Incidentally my late grandad was from Croydon area, and an Eagles fan, he made the move to Oxford after WW2 , my Uncle has been a ST holder since the late 60s , my late mum and Auntie were/are also OUFC supporters
Ahhh. Happy to continue the Oxford Utd / Palace link then. Yep, I grew up in Croydon and was a season ticket holder for many years (including at the Cantona kick match). Feel it's important that my daughter supports her local club as her mates at school do and it's much easier to get to the Kassam than Selhurst Park which is the difference between seeing one or two palace matches a season or ten / eleven Oxford matches. This season has been a joy so far.

Ahhh. Happy to continue the Oxford Utd / Palace link then. Yep, I grew up in Croydon and was a season ticket holder for many years (including at the Cantona kick match). Feel it's important that my daughter supports her local club as her mates at school do and it's much easier to get to the Kassam than Selhurst Park which is the difference between seeing one or two palace matches a season or ten / eleven Oxford matches. This season has been a joy so far.
Eric, you're fast becoming a favourite here!

Eric, you're fast becoming a favourite here!
That's good to know but why's that? Not wanting to curry favour but if it's just because I think Oxford Utd is a brilliant club then it is genuine and it's the clubs doing - I'm just recognising it for what it is. I was showing my daughter clips of Jari Litmanen saying that he was the Ruben Rodriguez of his day.

That's good to know but why's that? Not wanting to curry favour but if it's just because I think Oxford Utd is a brilliant club then it is genuine and it's the clubs doing - I'm just recognising it for what it is. I was showing my daughter clips of Jari Litmanen saying that he was the Ruben Rodriguez of his day.
Unremitting positivity!

Back
Top Bottom