Matches Three 10k's in a Row v Bolton

Morning All

As of 10.30pm on Monday, there were 3686 seats still available meaning total home sales are currently at 5,920. Add in a likely 1,764 from Bolton (they sold their initial allocation of 1,400 so will presumably get the same as Pompey), and we are at a current estimated total of 7,684.

By comparison we were at 6,800 home sales last Monday evening (around 6.30pm) before the Pompey match so we will likely be quite a long way behind that figure later today, but you would hope that ticket sales will be quicker this week with only a one (rather than two week) buying window.

That said, we will need a real push to get to another 10,000 crowd.

The current breakdown of remaining seats is:

South Stand Lower - 917
Block 1 - 187, 2- 175, 3 - 122, 4 - 13, 5 - 5, 6 - 42, 7 - 188, 8 - 185

South Stand Upper - 616
Block 9 - 246, 10 - 73, 11 - 8, 12 - 0, 13 - 7, 14 - 22, 15 - 260

East Stand - 903
Block 16 - 124 17 - 200, 18 - 81, 19 - 113, 20 - 158, 21 - 227

North Stand - 1250
Block 22 - 347, 23 -226, 24 - 271, 25 - 408
Thanks Curragh.

I agree with most of your comments, particularly about having a shorter buying window. I did a check earlier this morning, and another one just now, and we've sold nearly 100 tickets in that time. I wasn't going to post until later, so that I had a full day of sales to analyse, and I'll still do that, and do a comparison with other recent games. My gut feeling (and it's only that at this stage) is that we'll still achieve a very healthy crowd, but 10,000 may be a stretch. Happy to be proved wrong though, and will give a more informed view later.

We won't need major promotions for all games. Bolton will certainly be 9k+ and a real push might hopefully see us touch on 10k. Cambridge (half term) and Burton (women's day?) will hopefully help push numbers up. Then Ipswich, Sunderland, MK and Doncaster will be close to sell outs if we're still in contention.

it was said we needed to engage with a wider audience, Females etc and I gave a suggestion. Whilst 9 and 10k crowds is a great effort what's wrong with trying to entice another 1,000 to 1,500 bums on seats with potential long term fans and have the place full.

A person/s buying for 1 game you hope may return, a person/s whose already purchased a group of games have saved money, are hooked and more likely to return then waste their outlay..

Why dismiss something that could add to long term support.

There are flexi tickets available for 6 games, group discount for 10 or more, and I'm sure that there will be some kind of offer for the Cambridge and maybe Burton games. Attracting people to games isn't just about making things cheaper, but making the experience more attractive. The last couple of games have shown that if you get the product right, and it's pretty bloody good right now, then people will come out to support the club.

Once again i repeat the idea was needing to attract a wider audience, people who may not already attend or have perhaps lapsed can be enticed along by making things cheaper. sometimes known as a loss leader. (You can still make the experience attractive nothing changes there ) Don't lose track of the fact that other expenses on top of tickets still apply. Give someone the opportunity to pay £70-£87.50 instead of £140+ minimum and that could make the difference to them and together you may be part of something special.

There are comments elsewhere about the atmosphere being flat yesterday, or that the songs were limited to "yellows yellows" etc. Firstly, I didn't think it was that bad yesterday. There was plenty of interaction and singing where I was and the atmosphere seemed to mirror the game in that it was patchy, but great when it mattered.

As these threads were started to improve both attendance and atmosphere then what do we want to make things better?

Do we need to adjust our expectations? With many fans coming out for their first games, or with families, do we start with "Yellows" etc where everyone can get involved rather than expecting people to join in with a dozen songs about each player or the 12 inch version of Yellow Submarine?

The flags and display from the new fanatics group is great, but do we want more? More tahn happy to once again link their paypal or gofundme page to attract great donations to support this.

@OUSP Secretary - any thoughts on building on the last couple of games?
Busted - you were clearly in the away end 😁

With respect that is aimed more for current attending support...

On those prices you're asking for over £300 for 2 Adults and 2 Children who may have never attended which is hardly an enticement when your aim is to get them to attend in the first place.

Remove the we are already fans.......You need to forget the ££££ and think of the potential Long Term gain if it's new support you're after.

it was just a suggestion i made nothing more.

Think this is where the Club aren`t subtle enough with marketing.

"Tickets from £20" when most tickets - 65`s, under 18s, Young Person etc etc are less than £20.

Think this is where the Club aren`t subtle enough with marketing.

"Tickets from £20" when most tickets - 65`s, under 18s, Young Person etc etc are less than £20.

Exactly this. Sounds like our cheapest ticket is £20.

Exactly this. Sounds like our cheapest ticket is £20.

Marketing genius me...... they should give me the job. :)

Exactly how I read the advert as well.
The average, not a regular, bloke with a wife and 2 kids is going to do "head maths" 4 x "from" £20 and think it's too pricey at £80 when he might only need 1/2 that. 🤷‍♀️

Don’t see why for the remaining games at home kid for a quid with a full paying adult, it might generate some added interest especially if it look like we will be in the play offs.

Don’t see why for the remaining games at home kid for a quid with a full paying adult, it might generate some added interest especially if it look like we will be in the play offs.
I think our friends at the other end of the A420 have done something like this and they are constantly getting crowds close to 10k so it may be worth a shot

I think our friends at the other end of the A420 have done something like this and they are constantly getting crowds close to 10k so it may be worth a shot

Can't really do that for the remaining of the season though as that will just annoy the season ticket holders who have paid extra.

Interesting though
We are averaging 7200 whilst they average 8500 ,the question is how much more revenue does that bring in?
They own their ground so if kids are buying drinks /burgers etc they will profit from that whilst we don’t.
1300 extra people at a game would certainly help with atmosphere,
As we only have 7 home games left I can’t see ST holders being too unhappy

Can't really do that for the remaining of the season though as that will just annoy the season ticket holders who have paid extra.
But surely if an adult is paying a full price and a KFAQ that shouldn’t really affect ST holders the children’s tickets there might be a moan but we had all this in the last few seasons. It is one way to increase the crowd

At 5.30pm I have 192 more sales since 10.30am this morning taking the total to 6,112 home sales with 3,494 seats still available, for an an overall figure of 7,876.

The current breakdown of remaining seats is:

South Stand Lower - 880
Block 1 - 187, 2- 213, 3 - 51, 4 - 14, 5 - 4, 6 - 42, 7 - 185, 8 - 184

South Stand Upper - 591
Block 9 - 247, 10 - 60, 11 - 9, 12 - 0, 13 - 7, 14 - 18, 15 - 250

East Stand - 850
Block 16 - 114, 17 - 195, 18 - 66, 19 - 102, 20 - 151, 21 - 222

North Stand - 1173
Block 22 - 327, 23 -200, 24 - 254, 25 - 392

I sort of think ( maybe I'm wrong ) but except Cambridge and Burton the rest of our home games should get 9500-10,000 maybe more
Bolton
Cambridge
Burton
Ipswich
Sunderland
Mk Dons
Doncaster
All of these are Saturday games and as I said apart from the two I mentioned the rest should bring a decent following so I don't think we should reduce prices imo

Back
Top Bottom