Dot Counting Bolton 10k - 28 November

Attendance tracking

Foley

A massive game.
I would think that Bolton would bring a fair few, and despite it being a Tuesday night game, surely there will be 10k + for this game?

A new manager and the real potential to be going into this game top of the league, but midweek fixtures are always hard to get large numbers in. Anywhere around 9,500 or upwards will still be very good.

A new manager and the real potential to be going into this game top of the league, but midweek fixtures are always hard to get large numbers in. Anywhere around 9,500 or upwards will still be very good.
I remember us getting 10,600 against Luton in the Conference.
As you say it could even be a game with an opportunity to go top.
So I reckon disappointing if we don't get 10k ( plus the midweek game v Derby after Christmas)

I remember us getting 10,600 against Luton in the Conference.
As you say it could even be a game with an opportunity to go top.
So I reckon disappointing if we don't get 10k ( plus the midweek game v Derby after Christmas)

We may even be top before this game if Portsmouth drop points against Blackpool.

Luton is an exception rather than the rule, and midweek league fixtures are usually several hundred lower than their equivalent Saturday fixtures. But we've had few games in November, and we've hopefully got plenty to look forward to.

There will be a decent crowd ,despite being a tues night and less than 4 weeks before Christmas , given its the first ( and one of only 2 home league games before that there Christmas, the other game prior to which being FA cup round 2 )- it may just scrape 10K , I think reaching/ exceeding 10k could depend on who the new manager is and how the next few away league games go

I’m not sure Bolton will sell out, given it’s midweek and available on iFollow.

We should, though.

Our home fixture list is quite dry for League games in this period especially with Pompey being postponed so hopefully we can push five figures and have done this plenty of times in midweek in recent years albeit cup games. Could have a new manager on the night too.

If the hype maintains then we could quite easily get 17,000.

I think the traditional pre-Christmas slump in crowds is far less that it used to be. This is probably due to the rise in online shopping.

This game could potentially be the top two going head to head under the lights what's not to like and get excited about.... I still think 10k might be pushing it but not impossible let's see

Come on you yellows get off your arses and come and support the boys who really wants to be sat at home watching on ifollow

Once we announce Frank Lampard as manager this game is a guaranteed sell out.
Our home fixture list is quite dry for League games in this period especially with Pompey being postponed so hopefully we can push five figures and have done this plenty of times in midweek in recent years albeit cup games. Could have a new manager on the night too.

If the hype maintains then we could quite easily get 17,000.
Northampton v Portsmouth rearranged next Saturday as both are out of the cup

Northampton v Portsmouth rearranged next Saturday as both are out of the cup

Our match v Bolton could be a defining one in our ability to win this sort of fixture. It’s fair to say we’ve sometimes come up a bit short in big league fixtures where the expectancy seems to have got to us. Putting an in form Bolton to the sword would be a real statement, especially if it sent us top in the process. With it being the new managers first home game it promises to be some night and I think this is one of the most eagerly awaited league fixtures for a long time as an Oxford fan.

I’m sure there will be some that make excuses for this not possibly being a 10,000+ crowd.

If this isn’t a home sell out, I’d ask what on earth more the players can do to attract the people of Oxfordshire.

2nd in the league, scoring goals, playing an ex-prem club and a new manager. What else do people need?

I’m sure there will be some that make excuses for this not possibly being a 10,000+ crowd.

If this isn’t a home sell out, I’d ask what on earth more the players can do to attract the people of Oxfordshire.

2nd in the league, scoring goals, playing an ex-prem club and a new manager. What else do people need?
I completely agree with you and I don’t think this team right now can do much more to get fans going to games.
I find it lazy when people say because it’s a Tuesday night we can’t get the crowds in.

You can bet your house on us getting 10k on a Tuesday night if we were in the league above.

I completely agree with you and I don’t think this team right now can do much more to get fans going to games.
I find it lazy when people say because it’s a Tuesday night we can’t get the crowds in.

You can bet your house on us getting 10k on a Tuesday night if we were in the league above.

Is the family section requirements relaxed for midweek games?

As unless a holiday then younger kids may not be able to go and therefore possibly their parents or the adult/adults who take them. That could limit a crowd simply through that if those seats can't be used by others.

Back
Top Bottom