Dot Counting Northampton 10k Crowd

Attendance tracking

Sarge

God like member
no home game in 2024 until Jan 20th*- N'ton likely to bring a decent following as its not that far

First home league game of this year should be close to , if not over a 10k gate- shouldn't it?

*of course, there could be an fa cup replay before then should we get at least a draw on saturday

I have mates who are Northampton supporters they’ve already got their tickets for the game they believe they can make a play off push so wouldn’t be surprised to see them sell out. Hopefully we can do the same.

The Tuesday night after is the Barnsley game. Another decent crowd hopefully.

Averaging 9160 at home this season with a number of big games still to play. I think 9.5-10k should be the target for all remaining games.

If Northampton sell out then we should be looking at 10.5k.
Barnsley travel well, but Tuesday games are hard to judge. Maybe 9k.
Reading would be a sell out if 3pm kick off. An early kick off should still see 10.5k at least.
Wigan is during half term and I believe the second cut price game for ST holders bringing a friend. 9k.
Leyton Orient travel in decent numbers so should see 9.5-10k.
Cheltenham and Lincoln don't bring many. 9-9.5k.
Fleetwood is on Easter Monday so we should be aiming for a home sellout. 10k+.
Peterborough with both teams hopefully in contention this could easily be a sell out. 11k.
Stevenage is the last home game and both sides could still have something to play for. 10.5k.
And we have the Pompey game still to rearrange, and although this will be midweek we should still be looking at 10k+.

We could very easily see our average across the season go above 9500, which will be exceptional considering the last two seasons have seen 8400 averages.

Imagine what it would be like with a decent commercial and marketing team! 😉

"Hundreds of kids football games set to be cancelled across Oxfordshire on the 3rd February as clubs worry about upsetting EC Yellow!"

* this is a joke before you get more upset! I would also expect a sellout but life doesn't always stop for football no matter how much some of us think it should.

"Hundreds of kids football games set to be cancelled across Oxfordshire on the 3rd February as clubs worry about upsetting EC Yellow!"

* this is a joke before you get more upset! I would also expect a sellout but life doesn't always stop for football no matter how much some of us think it should.

I’m not upset, are you?

This is a home, league fixture local derby against Reading for the first time in 20 years, or so. It’s not about ‘life stopping’, it’s about attracting supporters to a game of this magnitude, regardless of kids football.

It really should sell itself.

I’m not upset, are you?

This is a home, league fixture local derby against Reading for the first time in 20 years, or so. It’s not about ‘life stopping’, it’s about attracting supporters to a game of this magnitude, regardless of kids football.

It really should sell itself.

I actually agree with you, and you're right, it should sell out. However, one of the real positives of the last couple of years has been a big uplift in younger fans come to games. The first two blocks in the family stand sell well and I've seen for myself a lot of families attending games for the first time, or established fans bringing their kids for their first game.

The downside to this is that midweek and early kickoffs can make it harder for some to get to games, as we saw against Bristol Rovers and is one of the factors in midweek games games being several hundred lower than they would if on a Saturday.

Yet despite this, and some lazy marketing at times, we are seeing significant increases in attendance figures which can only be a good thing ahead of our move to the new stadium.

I'll be disappointed with less than 10.5k against Northampton and a sellout against Reading. But I'm not sure that either would show the club, or our fanbase as tinpot.

I actually agree with you, and you're right, it should sell out. However, one of the real positives of the last couple of years has been a big uplift in younger fans come to games. The first two blocks in the family stand sell well and I've seen for myself a lot of families attending games for the first time, or established fans bringing their kids for their first game.

The downside to this is that midweek and early kickoffs can make it harder for some to get to games, as we saw against Bristol Rovers and is one of the factors in midweek games games being several hundred lower than they would if on a Saturday.

Yet despite this, and some lazy marketing at times, we are seeing significant increases in attendance figures which can only be a good thing ahead of our move to the new stadium.

I'll be disappointed with less than 10.5k against Northampton and a sellout against Reading. But I'm not sure that either would show the club, or our fanbase as tinpot.
Yet The Gasss management tell their local Police to 'do one' and kick off at the usual Saturday 3pm KO time

here's hoping the new chappy has got the balls to say the same to TVP for cat A fixtures here- after all the club have , and use, the metal wall post match on cat A games

Looks like @Colin B and @Thecurraghofkildare are taking a well-deserved break from the dots
Not so.

I did a count yesterday, which is a week earlier than I normally do my first count, as somebody mentioned it. I had also read that Northampton only had 100 tickets left at the time.

Our sales as of yesterday morning were 6,400 exclusive of boxes and away fans. This compares very favourably with games like Blackpool and Wycombe where we had 8,600 and 8,700 home fans, which would give us in excess of 10,000 with a Northampton sell out.

I doubt that I'll do another count for a few days though.

Averaging 9160 at home this season with a number of big games still to play. I think 9.5-10k should be the target for all remaining games.

If Northampton sell out then we should be looking at 10.5k.
Barnsley travel well, but Tuesday games are hard to judge. Maybe 9k.
Reading would be a sell out if 3pm kick off. An early kick off should still see 10.5k at least.
Wigan is during half term and I believe the second cut price game for ST holders bringing a friend. 9k.
Leyton Orient travel in decent numbers so should see 9.5-10k.
Cheltenham and Lincoln don't bring many. 9-9.5k.
Fleetwood is on Easter Monday so we should be aiming for a home sellout. 10k+.
Peterborough with both teams hopefully in contention this could easily be a sell out. 11k.
Stevenage is the last home game and both sides could still have something to play for. 10.5k.
And we have the Pompey game still to rearrange, and although this will be midweek we should still be looking at 10k+.

We could very easily see our average across the season go above 9500, which will be exceptional considering the last two seasons have seen 8400 averages.

Imagine what it would be like with a decent commercial and marketing team! 😉
Now Pompey is arranged for Tues 30th Jan, it means we have 4 home games in two weeks, with two games being mid-week.
I reckon this will slightly effect the attendances across these four games with people giving at least one of the four a miss.
Those that travel some distance might decide to give one of the Tuesday games a miss, possibly Barnsley, as Pompey appears more attractive.
I'm not sure Barnsley do travel well, I reckon the away following will be 700 ish, so I reckon we will be lucky to get 8k for that game.

Now Pompey is arranged for Tues 30th Jan, it means we have 4 home games in two weeks, with two games being mid-week.
I reckon this will slightly effect the attendances across these four games with people giving at least one of the four a miss.
Those that travel some distance might decide to give one of the Tuesday games a miss, possibly Barnsley, as Pompey appears more attractive.
I'm not sure Barnsley do travel well, I reckon the away following will be 700 ish, so I reckon we will be lucky to get 8k for that game.

8k (!) for a game against a promotion rival, after what will hopefully be multiple new signings by then??

8k??

….someone hold my drink!

Not so.

I did a count yesterday, which is a week earlier than I normally do my first count, as somebody mentioned it. I had also read that Northampton only had 100 tickets left at the time.

Our sales as of yesterday morning were 6,400 exclusive of boxes and away fans. This compares very favourably with games like Blackpool and Wycombe where we had 8,600 and 8,700 home fans, which would give us in excess of 10,000 with a Northampton sell out.

I doubt that I'll do another count for a few days though.
That will be decent enough I think specially as we have Barnsley & Portsmouth to come now in this month within a 10 day period, the only disappointment is likely the two big Tuesday games as usually we do see home crowds down on them midweek evening games but if signing’s keep coming through the door & get wins over Carlisle & Northampton that could make a difference in people’s thinking of making the effort to come up (Portsmouth will sell out there end, Barnsley brought 482 last year in roughly the same position as they were last season)

Tbh I don't think 8k is anything to be upset about in Jan , midweek when people are still skint after Xmas. Of course would love to get higher but of the game to miss Barnsley is the one I'd guess.

Back
Top Bottom