Dot Counting Northampton 10k Crowd

Attendance tracking
Long gone are the days when the club thought that pouring hot water onto a frozen pitch would make it playable.

Just under 200 sales up to midnight last night, which is pretty good for a Wednesday. So we're over 7,300 home GA sales and still ahead of both Blackpool and Wycombe games at this stage by the same amounts as yesterday's count.

I'll stick with my 10,200/10,300 estimate for now, but it could be higher, as this is when sales usually ramp up, and the weather forecast is crisp, dry and bright, which is ideal for football.
First day of fairly moderate sales on this one. 150 sold over the 24 hours to midnight last night, leaves us roughly on par with the Blackpool game, and slightly behind the Wycombe game, having been ahead of both games up until now.

What this means, I'm not quite sure? It could be a one day blip, as some people hedge their bets on the cold weather improving, but we normally see higher sales than this on a Thursday, so it's a bit strange, particularly off the back of good sales to date. We need about 1,000 more for a 10,000 crowd now. That's doable on normal buying patterns, as 290 of these will be taken up if all boxes are sold (they should be, but that's not a given this season since the prices increased) and we normally sell between 400/600 on a Friday. So on the day sales should carry us over the threshold.

Today's sales will be the clincher.

First day of fairly moderate sales on this one. 150 sold over the 24 hours to midnight last night, leaves us roughly on par with the Blackpool game, and slightly behind the Wycombe game, having been ahead of both games up until now.

What this means, I'm not quite sure? It could be a one day blip, as some people hedge their bets on the cold weather improving, but we normally see higher sales than this on a Thursday, so it's a bit strange, particularly off the back of good sales to date. We need about 1,000 more for a 10,000 crowd now. That's doable on normal buying patterns, as 290 of these will be taken up if all boxes are sold (they should be, but that's not a given this season since the prices increased) and we normally sell between 400/600 on a Friday. So on the day sales should carry us over the threshold.

The end of days I should think. Someone will be along to confirm shortly.

Can anyone actually get into their online account to buy tickets? It’s a bit difficult these days

Just a thought but the Reading tickets went on sale yesterday and I needed to get an extra one and had to ring a couple of times to get through. This may have had some impact on those trying to get a ticket for the Northampton game.

Before you ask, it’s just too difficult on line to swap my season ticket spot for somewhere else when my son comes with me so I ring.
Even that is alien to me, I miss the days of queuing for a ticket at the London Road.

I know there are others like me out there 😀

4.00pm update on Friday and we are currently at 7,705 home seat sales meaning there are 1,849 seats left, which means about 250 sales so far today.

Add in boxes (estimated 250) and the Northampton sold out away sales (1,471) and we are around 9,425 total estimated sales at present.

Remaining seats are pretty evenly spread across the stands -

South Stand Lower 527
South Stand Upper 428
East Stand 456
North Stand 438

Hope I'm wrong but I think we might fall just short of 10,000 now unless a lot of people are waiting to see what the weather is like on Saturday morning and we get more on the day sales than normal.

Should be fine no frost tonight and warming up throughout the morning

My garden is still icy and temperature is dropping to -1 tonight which is a slight frost. Tomorrow is cloudy and even though the temperature is going to reach 6°c the real feel temperature is going to be 2°c. It will be touch and go on wether the game will go ahead.

I do love it when there is cold weather about and people inspect their own gardens to see what a pitch with a grounds team and covers a few miles away is likely to be like. Heroes the lot of you.

My garden is like that patch of grass that is in the shadow of the south stand. I obviously don't have covers or heat lamps but it gives an idea to folk who don't live round here.

4.00pm update on Friday and we are currently at 7,705 home seat sales meaning there are 1,849 seats left, which means about 250 sales so far today.

Add in boxes (estimated 250) and the Northampton sold out away sales (1,471) and we are around 9,425 total estimated sales at present.

Remaining seats are pretty evenly spread across the stands -

South Stand Lower 527
South Stand Upper 428
East Stand 456
North Stand 438

Hope I'm wrong but I think we might fall just short of 10,000 now unless a lot of people are waiting to see what the weather is like on Saturday morning and we get more on the day sales than normal.
Ah this weather, on the threshold of freezing may just benefit our crowd figure - IF it is just warm enough for our pitch to pass pitch inspection at 10.00am, so game on, BUT too cold leaving a lot of local games postponed this means there is potentially a lot of extra supporters, not playing, and now available to come to the Kassam.

I do love it when there is cold weather about and people inspect their own gardens to see what a pitch with a grounds team and covers a few miles away is likely to be like. Heroes the lot of you.
Bit heavy on the sarcasm?
I’ve simply said that my back garden, and the local golf course for that matter, are solid, and have been for days. Even when the sun has thawed the top of the turf it’s solid underneath. It’s called being realistic. Temperatures here have largely matched those at The Kassam.
Let’s hope the club had the foresight to put the covers on last week and / or the heat lamps do the job.

Back
Top Bottom