Matches Three 10k's in a Row v Bolton

Well, it certainly went to the wire, and a very high number of on the day sales and late walk ups pushed us over the line. So well done to everyone who bought along friends and first timers. Being only 27 over the 10,000 means that every person who did this can feel that they've played their part. Once again well done, and there was a real sense of excitement in the Directors Box when we got the figure through just after half time. If anyone doesn't think it matters, I can tell you it does, and is appreciated, particularly at this time before the council meeting.

PS: I came on here this morning to read about the 10,000 crowd and have just had to wade through two pages of arguments about the performance, instigated by the usual negative protagonist. Another thread derailed by him. Stick to the match thread Bazzer, with your negativity, this one is to discuss the crowd.
Just replies to someone that’s all @Colin B. But yes three consecutive 10k crowds are excellent, just hope in the remaining home games we can have still 8-9k crowds.

It’s easy to overlook what an achievement it is for us to get three 10k crowds in a row, especially at league one level (and we have been here a few seasons now, not recently promoted) and we are not bombing along at the top of the league, it’s just after Christmas/new year and people are not flush, add in Covid as well.

Despite yesterday’s result the club is going in the right direction, a promotion, championship football and a new ground and we could easily start to be chatting about 15,000 crowds in a row at some point, really push on to make the most of the potential of being the only professional sports side in a growing county.

Agree with you @Colin B on every point. I've just thrown a few posts together on a football forum, but if that has helped even in a tiny way towards us creating our own history then that's a great thing. It's great that it matters in the Directors Box, but I think it's also felt by all fans. It has been fantastic seeing so many new faces and families over the last few weeks. We've known for so long that there is a real appetite for live football in the county, and this only enhances our standing with all the various authorities. As for the constant negativity, its not only draining it actually pisses me off! There are hundreds of threads for our miserable "friends" to infest with their constant drivel and yet they choose to spout their usual shite on here. What message those that give to the occasional fans who look on here but are only able to get to a few games? Anyway, on to more positive things, Cambridge and Burton will be a real struggle to hit 10k but a great opportunity to continue to build momentum and reach out to new fans. Every one makes a difference and there's so much more to do.

Agree with you @Colin B on every point. I've just thrown a few posts together on a football forum, but if that has helped even in a tiny way towards us creating our own history then that's a great thing. It's great that it matters in the Directors Box, but I think it's also felt by all fans. It has been fantastic seeing so many new faces and families over the last few weeks. We've known for so long that there is a real appetite for live football in the county, and this only enhances our standing with all the various authorities. As for the constant negativity, its not only draining it actually pisses me off! There are hundreds of threads for our miserable "friends" to infest with their constant drivel and yet they choose to spout their usual shite on here. What message those that give to the occasional fans who look on here but are only able to get to a few games? Anyway, on to more positive things, Cambridge and Burton will be a real struggle to hit 10k but a great opportunity to continue to build momentum and reach out to new fans. Every one makes a difference and there's so much more to do.
Cambridge and Burton would like to think 8k+! But that will be very hard to achieve, and I’m sorry if you feel the need to call us miserable but we say as it is and not what you want it to be. We don’t wear rose tinted glasses we’re not half glass full guys we’re fans and say it is and jot make up drivel to appease everyone.
Were we shite yesterday no, were we poor yesterday no, were we good yesterday no, we were mediocre at best yesterday and contrary to what you believe people around where I sit weren’t impressed.
I’m not saying we have to win any game and if we win 1-0 but we’re ooor I will say so but it’s also 3 points but yesterday mediocre nil points out of the playoffs with both teams either side of us have 2 games in hand.
I think if I’m honest we not make the play offs this season we have difficult games coming up and if we were mediocre yesterday and very poor last Tuesday, so to win 10 games out of the remaining 14 is a very tall task and I think that’s what we will need to get a sniff of being in the play offs.
Karl loves this this club and wants great things for this club. But Anindia wants promotion within 2 seasons ie the end of next season that will have to be achieved it it has to be a new manager.
I may be blunt here but that’s what has to happen.

Barry - as pointed out by a few people - you’re entitled to your opinion on the game on the match thread. That’s what it’s for.

This is a different topic? Why don’t you find the Brexit thread and comment on the game there? Or maybe the jokes thread too?

@bazzer9461 there's a thread for yesterday's match. Another for out playoff chances. Dozens on Robinson, more about Bakrie and the plans for the "new" owners. May I be equally blunt and suggest you leave your confused negative drivel to those threads rather than spreading your shite everywhere?!

I think the thing is @Scotchegg it's like I said the other day those posting negative stuff are voicing their opinion and there's nothing wrong with that, from a personal point of view that "voice" could easily be respected more if it also came with some balance.

People make dislike the manager or certain players always get the flak, that's the way it always has been with football fans but whilst we as Oxford fans all want the best for our club those "opinions" don't always have to be repeated when we drop the odd point here and there. That's what i personally find tiresome.

Bernie and Nick played for the side formed at MCs in early, mid 60s. Mercury. Nick was a rather cumbersome defender, Bernie a winger. Jim R and Nick Harris played for rival side, Wolvercote Wanderers. Nick has sadly passed away. Have had no contact with Roberts. All were very keen Oxford fans Though Nick Harris’s first love was Oxford City.
Just seen the comments in this thread and was intrigued by the MCS and Wolvercote Wanderers mention. I was also at MCS in the 60’s and played with Nick and Jim for Wolvercote Wanderers. Can’t say I remember Bernie and Nick though at MCS.

Was it over 10k - yep.
Was it entertaining - yep.
Did we defend like a circus act at times- yep.
Are we still there or thereabouts - yep.

Not bad for a little club. :)

We aren`t going to see many 0-0`s............. and I would rather lose 3-2 than 1-0.

So three home matches in a row all finished 3-2 and in each case the winning team had to come from behind.

Are you not entertained?
giphy.gif

Hopefully that will encourage fans to come again if these were their first visits for a while.

@bazzer9461 there's a thread for yesterday's match. Another for out playoff chances. Dozens on Robinson, more about Bakrie and the plans for the "new" owners. May I be equally blunt and suggest you leave your confused negative drivel to those threads rather than spreading your shite everywhere?!
My post above was in reply to your post.

SE still thinking he’s at work…

Bazzer can post what he likes. It’s down to ESB or SM to remove it or have a word.

Interesting number on the home fans deceasing over the last 3 games…

Lucky the club had away fans and a few freebies thrown in.

Last edited:
SE still thinking he’s at work…

Bazzer can post what he likes. It’s down to ESB or SM to remove it or have a word.

Interesting number on the home fans deceasing over the last 3 games…

Lucky the club had away fans and a few freebies thrown in.
cannot be denied 3 X 10k crowd...if the club had to hand out a few freebies so what? those people are now engaged and would have enjoyed a very entertaining game

You’re a bit of a control freak . I don’t necessarily agree with bazzers posts but then I don’t necessarily agree with plenty of yours.

I just tend to check authors as I go through threads and then choose if I’m going to read the post and associated responses, it’s not hard.

Freedom of expression and balance are far more important than totalitarian control regardless of how it may impact people’s sensitivities

cannot be denied 3 X 10k crowd...if the club had to hand out a few freebies so what? those people are now engaged and would have enjoyed a very entertaining game
But did the club hand out freebies for the 10k plus games?

Who cares if the club handed out a few freebies. We’ve all been calling for them to do that, the other day you wanted them to give the away team free tickets.
As for the subject of counting away fans, what a ridiculous argument. If another club sold out there stadium I bet you wouldn’t have other clubs fans saying it doesn’t count because we had away fans in the ground 🙄

Who cares if the club handed out a few freebies. We’ve all been calling for them to do that, the other day you wanted them to give the away team free tickets.
As for the subject of counting away fans, what a ridiculous argument. If another club sold out there stadium I bet you wouldn’t have other clubs fans saying it doesn’t count because we had away fans in the ground 🙄
I only asked as I had not heard of any freebies but I have said good promotional work could increase our attendances

Back
Top Bottom