Matches Three 10k's in a Row v Bolton

They hand out freebies for every home game. They go to youth football teams, community projects etc.
Ok, but hopefully the club will come up with some other promotional incentive to get more regular bums on seat.
I think we’ve missed Ollie and Olivia which could produce more families.

I only asked as I had not heard of any freebies but I have said good promotional work could increase our attendances

It did. Them extra 1500 -2000 home fans proved that. I wouldn't say we give anymore then a 100 free tickets away.

I think we’ve missed Ollie and Olivia which could produce more families

Already bought this up with the club and OUSP, we aren't offering the kids activities in the North stand at the moment smso to be getting 3 x 10 k attendances is great. Time to get the kids activities going, olly the ox etc no more excuses about Covid regs as other clubs seem to be getting around this.

Who cares if the club handed out a few freebies. We’ve all been calling for them to do that, the other day you wanted them to give the away team free tickets.
As for the subject of counting away fans, what a ridiculous argument. If another club sold out there stadium I bet you wouldn’t have other clubs fans saying it doesn’t count because we had away fans in the ground 🙄
That poster seems to have a vendetta against the club, some background there I think

It did. Them extra 1500 -2000 home fans proved that. I wouldn't say we give anymore then a 100 free tickets away.
Just hope the marketing can keep going and bring those 1500/2000 back for the Cambridge and Burton games

An average of 8500 HOME fans over the last three games with the vast majority paying the full ticket cost. A decent number of these fans were new or returning fans with a noticeable increase in families, and the addition of scarf and flag sales that goes with that. Considering that our home only average over the last few years has been around 7000, a 20% increase of the back of little more than word of mouth, social media posts and a campaign on an obscure Internet forum is pretty good going. And all of this is at a time when the future of our club is in the hands of authorities making decisions on whether or not a new stadium is needed in Oxfordshire. @Colin B spoke of the impact the attendance is having amongst our directors and backers, and it won't go unnoticed amongst our local councillors. If that's not important to you, or you feel that it's more important to take a pop at me then that says more about you than me.

An average of 8500 HOME fans over the last three games with the vast majority paying the full ticket cost. A decent number of these fans were new or returning fans with a noticeable increase in families, and the addition of scarf and flag sales that goes with that. Considering that our home only average over the last few years has been around 7000, a 20% increase of the back of little more than word of mouth, social media posts and a campaign on an obscure Internet forum is pretty good going. And all of this is at a time when the future of our club is in the hands of authorities making decisions on whether or not a new stadium is needed in Oxfordshire. @Colin B spoke of the impact the attendance is having amongst our directors and backers, and it won't go unnoticed amongst our local councillors. If that's not important to you, or you feel that it's more important to take a pop at me then that says more about you than me.
If you’re referring to me? Then stop. I’m not having a pop at you
Of course increase attendances bode well with our new backers and yes I have noticed you and others drumming up more support which is commendable. But we now need to start seeing this support for the non attractive games. If we go below 7,000 including away support then we have to ask why and try and address this problem for next season.

Just hope the marketing can keep going and bring those 1500/2000 back for the Cambridge and Burton games

Yes I'm sure they have something in the pipe line. Nearly 2 weeks till the Cambridge game and 3 weeks till the Burton game..

If you’re referring to me? Then stop. I’m not having a pop at you
Of course increase attendances bode well with our new backers and yes I have noticed you and others drumming up more support which is commendable. But we now need to start seeing this support for the non attractive games. If we go below 7,000 including away support then we have to ask why and try and address this problem for next season.
sorry Baz but i'm really not getting you on this, one minute you're saying yesterday we were crap and then go on to say if people don't come to the Cambridge and or Burton game then we have to ask why

You can't have it both ways mate

sorry Baz but i'm really not getting you on this, one minute you're saying yesterday we were crap and then go on to say if people don't come to the Cambridge and or Burton game then we have to ask why

You can't have it both ways mate
I don’t think we were great yesterday. But if we had won yesterday I don’t think we will get those extra fans we’ve had for the last 3 home games at either Cambridge or the Burton games. I would like to be proven wrong.

I don’t think we were great yesterday. But if we had won yesterday I don’t think we will get those extra fans we’ve had for the last 3 home games at either Cambridge or the Burton games. I would like to be proven wrong.

Well we won't get 10k as the away fans won't be as high, I'm not sure how well Cambridge travel and previous encounters against Burton they've bought a couple of hundred. No reason why we can't get over 8k both home games which will be above our average.

Well we won't get 10k as the away fans won't be as high, I'm not sure how well Cambridge travel and previous encounters against Burton they've bought a couple of hundred. No reason why we can't get over 8k both home games which will be above our average.
I understand that but if the away fans for Cambridge and Burton are 500 then we would be looking at 8,00 crowd to say we’ve kept a steady hike crowd ajd a racer to aim for at every home match and then to build on this figures.

I understand that but if the away fans for Cambridge and Burton are 500 then we would be looking at 8,00 crowd to say we’ve kept a steady hike crowd ajd a racer to aim for at every home match and then to build on this figures.

No reason why we shouldn’t run cheaper tickets & deals for these games that could lead to 2 10k crowds.

Let’s see if the club act

No reason why we shouldn’t run cheaper tickets & deals for these games that could lead to 2 10k crowds.

Let’s see if the club act

Would have to be a sell out in home areas to achieve 10k if only 500 away fans were present.

Also Burton and Cambridge aren’t exactly big clubs that fans want to see. Maybe if it was a play-off or promotion decider or we were top of the league.

Also Burton and Cambridge aren’t exactly big clubs that fans want to see. Maybe if it was a play-off or promotion decider or we were top of the league.

It’s these type of games we should be targeting to increase our attendances.

I guess Burton will bring 250ish and Cambridge, possibly 400 - 500. Which is about 10% of the home attendance.

Back
Top Bottom