Matches Three 10k's in a Row v Bolton

Think we were poorer against Portsmouth but got the result. Can't say watching that especially the first half as a new oxford fan, occasional supporter would put you off coming back. It was a great game and much more exciting then a 0-0.
But tbf the MOM played 60 mins does say it all really

Would you have expected anything else from him
Take your rose tinted glasses of sand watch a poor performance because a majority of people are saying the same. Next you will be saying that’s the team to start next Saturday, Robbo cocked it up today the players didn’t perform to what we know they can do!!

@bazzer9461 , we weren't poor and it wasn't a bad game. Fortunately, those attending for the first time have probably already got more resilience than some of our fans who can't cope with anything but a win!!
Weren’t poor🤣🤣 Seddon was ooor Long didn’t play to his usual standard Kane was slow and ponderous Cam not at the races Taylor needs to be rested as I said MOM Bodin replaced on 66 mins says a lot really. Sorry but like otherSunday what I see.

@bazzer9461 you used to be a bit random but amusing. But recently you've done nothing but spread misery on every thread, whether the stadium, takeover, transfers, games etc. Kip and Mellow are like Disney shop employees in comparison!!!

already got more resilience than some of our fans who can't cope with anything but a win!!

Was surprised how many left in the east stand when Bolton's 3rd went in. A draw would of been a fair result and we were still pushing for an equaliser in injury time. Definitely hasn't put me off returning or getting a season ticket next season. Think fans need to watch a video back of some of the league 2 relegation, failed conference seasons to reflect where we are now compared to them dark days.

We were poor and the whole idea of getting the numbers up is to produce the goods or at least try and show what could be, but today there was none of that.
I thought, on the whole, it was a decent performance, especially first half. We played some good stuff, just let down by a few errors at crucial times.

I thought, on the whole, it was a decent performance, especially first half. We played some good stuff, just let down by a few errors at crucial times.
But tbf the game is of 2 halves. How many times did we attempt a ctoss field pass only for it to be cut out? 2 great goals by a player who was performing very well deserved the three points but their first was an error by both Sam long and Jack Stevens their third goal was a calamity to leave the goal wide open, can’t comment on their 2nd as I was getting a brew for me and my mate.

But tbf the game is of 2 halves. How many times did we attempt a ctoss field pass only for it to be cut out? 2 great goals by a player who was performing very well deserved the three points but their first was an error by both Sam long and Jack Stevens their third goal was a calamity to leave the goal wide open, can’t comment on their 2nd as I was getting a brew for me and my mate.
Gees i respect your posts @bazzer9461 but that 3rd goal was a superb counter attack with a sublime cross and excellent finish.

As for the first in what way was Long and Stevens an error?

Gees i respect your posts @bazzer9461 but that 3rd goal was a superb counter attack with a sublime cross and excellent finish.

As for the first in what way was Long and Stevens an error?
Tbh I thought their RWB was offside when he received the ball but when it was scored it was into an empty net.
Long should have closed him down and Jack should have got that.
That’s coming from someone who sits up that end

Tbh I thought their RWB was offside when he received the ball but when it was scored it was into an empty net.
bit of a fence blocking their view i would say:)

it was the quality of the cross and the striker doing what they do best ensure they were on the end of it. Don't forget we are also running back towards our goal having been hit on the counter from our corner.

3rd was wrong side for Long to close down it was Seddon, mcnally and sykes side. Was a good cross where it was pulled back just enough that Stevens couldn't get anywhere near it.

bit of a fence blocking their view i would say:)

it was the quality of the cross and the striker doing what they do best ensure they were on the end of it. Don't forget we are also running back towards our goal having been hit on the counter from our corner.
But who was marking their player when he scored? It seemed to me that all our players had converged to the right of the area when he scored

3rd was wrong side for Long to close down it was Seddon, mcnally and sykes side. Was a good cross where it was pulled back just enough that Stevens couldn't get anywhere near it.
But no one was marking their goal scorer i

But who was marking their player when he scored? It seemed to me that all our players had converged to the right of the area when he scored
i refer you to my post above re defenders running towards their own goal.

i refer you to my post above re defenders running towards their own goal.
Apologies I’ve just seen the third goal again you’re correct. Just onside superb cross but no one challenging before the cross came in.

You knew Bernie Roberts and Nick Holder? I played Sunday League football with them back in the 1970's.
Bernie and Nick played for the side formed at MCs in early, mid 60s. Mercury. Nick was a rather cumbersome defender, Bernie a winger. Jim R and Nick Harris played for rival side, Wolvercote Wanderers. Nick has sadly passed away. Have had no contact with Roberts. All were very keen Oxford fans Though Nick Harris’s first love was Oxford City.

Back
Top Bottom