There has to be something going on..

With regard to sites there are several plots of green belt land that have been considered for development. I have posted on this several times.
All these plots are within easy distance of the city. Some would be impractical and some would only be suitable for housing but, there are some that would/could make complete sense of a sports facility with adjacent "related" civic/entertainment construction.
This is still a big if, and requires central government permission but, the need for housing with related leisure facility could work in the clubs favour.
FK would come out a winner as well (shame) as the present stadium would be surplus. Just how much of that he would be allowed to sell for development given his track record would be interesting.
The thing is, a professional sports stadium isn’t ‘leisure facilities ‘ for housing, is it? It’s used rarely and isn’t available to most of the people in the housing. It’s not really suitable to be very close to housing at all, due to traffic and crowds. That said, I really do hope any new ground is within reach of town. It certainly wouldn’t get planning permission if it relied on people driving there.

The thing is, a professional sports stadium isn’t ‘leisure facilities ‘ for housing, is it? It’s used rarely and isn’t available to most of the people in the housing. It’s not really suitable to be very close to housing at all, due to traffic and crowds. That said, I really do hope any new ground is within reach of town. It certainly wouldn’t get planning permission if it relied on people driving there.
That’s not really the case now. Modern stadiums, only being used once or twice a week for football use, are opened up for all sorts of community use the rest of the week

With regard to sites there are several plots of green belt land that have been considered for development. I have posted on this several times.
All these plots are within easy distance of the city. Some would be impractical and some would only be suitable for housing but, there are some that would/could make complete sense of a sports facility with adjacent "related" civic/entertainment construction.
This is still a big if, and requires central government permission but, the need for housing with related leisure facility could work in the clubs favour.
FK would come out a winner as well (shame) as the present stadium would be surplus. Just how much of that he would be allowed to sell for development given his track record would be interesting.

But just think if a potential site is on green belt, all the protests and the planing committee can you honestly believe the planing committee will vote in favour?

But just think if a potential site is on green belt, all the protests and the planing committee can you honestly believe the planing committee will vote in favour?
Won't be their decision as to the choice of site. Different matter when it comes down to the design of the stadium. Central government decides on green belt use. If they say that's ok then that is pretty much it. Some of the sites are not entirely suitable for housing, too many busy roads and lacking schools, shops etc.

Won't be their decision as to the choice of site. Different matter when it comes down to the design of the stadium. Central government decides on green belt use. If they say that's ok then that is pretty much it. Some of the sites are not entirely suitable for housing, too many busy roads and lacking schools, shops etc.

I understand about the central government side of things, but I am sure You are aware as a majority of us will be the protests and OCC would have to show willing, and tbh I’m not confident about that.
For this to be a success in the acquiring the land the finance and the infrastructure to be sorted, we need the permission to be given within a year so that we could be out of the breeze block in 6 years when the lease is up.

I understand about the central government side of things, but I am sure You are aware as a majority of us will be the protests and OCC would have to show willing, and tbh I’m not confident about that.
For this to be a success in the acquiring the land the finance and the infrastructure to be sorted, we need the permission to be given within a year so that we could be out of the breeze block in 6 years when the lease is up.
The study is already in place. the_local_plan

There seems to be exciting plans afoot for the West End of Oxford/Oxpens area..

Please let’s have a snow dome, new ice rink, climbing centre, one of them indoor skydiving thingy’s, trampoline park and a fun pool with loads of slides and stuff!
Oxford is the worst areas in the country for leisure. New housing projects all over the place but nothing for anyone to do.

Please let’s have a snow dome, new ice rink, climbing centre, one of them indoor skydiving thingy’s, trampoline park and a fun pool with loads of slides and stuff!
Oxford is the worst areas in the country for leisure. New housing projects all over the place but nothing for anyone to do.

But there’s Port Meadow! Plenty to do there.

I wouldn’t do any of that!

PRB, cannot make any bookings for parties, tours for groups of children etc beyond the 29th October, as “everything changes.”
Anyone that knows him can maybe ask him to elaborate?

But there’s Port Meadow! Plenty to do there.
Common land it free land for the people of Oxford no council would give planning permission people can do what they want on port meadowHorses graze there.

PRB, cannot make any bookings for parties, tours for groups of children etc beyond the 29th October, as “everything changes.”
Anyone that knows him can maybe ask him to elaborate?
I would imagine that is linked to the issues with Firoka about the the service charges. Wouldn't surprise me if use of the restaurant had been pulled or the charges vastly increased, and also about conditions for use on non contracted times.

I would imagine that is linked to the issues with Firoka about the the service charges. Wouldn't surprise me if use of the restaurant had been pulled or the charges vastly increased, and also about conditions for use on non contracted times.
Or maybe something to do with Oxford United giving stadium co notice that they are taking over concessions etc.

Or maybe something to do with Oxford United giving stadium co notice that they are taking over concessions etc.
Definitely all to do with the concessions situation I would imagine. I can’t believe PRB would be blurting out sensitive information about anything deeper going on.

Back
Top Bottom