PEP has Gone!

Pep would be absolutely lost as Leeds manager.
I’m not sure why everyone liked him so much there. I’ve been told by a couple of people very close to the players or rather their families that Pep was far from liked by many.
Perhaps he just had big boots to fill. It was always going to be hard to follow Mapp.
Still, itlooked like we have a happier team of players on Saturday?

I think they’ll go for Grayson. But I hope they don’t Delay the appointment of Unsworth.

I think Pep has been exposed now. His managerial spells have never lasted and I’d be amazed if he ever got a full time managerial position in this country again. His signings suggested someone who had a limited managerial vision and it’s taking DF to sort that out.

Good coach perhaps but a poor manager. If he wants to continue in the game, he’s better selling his wares as an assistant or development manager.

How about Monk and Pep, re-united as a double act, to either Barnsley or Bradford?

I'd be surprised if they weren't applying for jobs like these.

How about Monk and Pep, re-united as a double act, to either Barnsley or Bradford?

I'd be surprised if they weren't applying for jobs like these.
I think wherever Monk ends up he’ll take Pep with him. That’s why we can write him off for the job here

What was Pep doing with the squad?

Rothwell and Brown talking about the spirit returning and going back to basics.

Pep creating paralysis by analysis?

What was Pep doing with the squad?

Rothwell and Brown talking about the spirit returning and going back to basics.

Pep creating paralysis by analysis?

I did hear reports that his approaches weren’t popular with the coaches/strength and conditioning folks at the club. It would appear that his approaches didn’t sit well with the players either by the sounds of things.

Maybe it’s early to say, but perhaps Charlton can become the turning point in our season. Free from Pep’s mates (Ricardinho aside and even he only had a useful cameo on Saturday), we played with speed and freedom and never gave up.

Sometimes you get things wrong in football. For every Kemar Roofe there is a Dan Crowley so if the manager can make an error, the board can too. Pep spoke like he was observant of the way we did things and then did the complete opposite. Now he’s out of a job. Better to practice what you preach, I feel.

Just one game in and I’ve love to see us try to sign Todd Kane on a permanent contract. He’s 24 now and can’t be a Chelsea loanee forever. Let’s make Oxford his permanent home. He’d be a real signing of intent for a promtion push next season.

I did hear reports that his approaches weren’t popular with the coaches/strength and conditioning folks at the club. It would appear that his approaches didn’t sit well with the players either by the sounds of things.

Maybe it’s early to say, but perhaps Charlton can become the turning point in our season. Free from Pep’s mates (Ricardinho aside and even he only had a useful cameo on Saturday), we played with speed and freedom and never gave up.

Sometimes you get things wrong in football. For every Kemar Roofe there is a Dan Crowley so if the manager can make an error, the board can too. Pep spoke like he was observant of the way we did things and then did the complete opposite. Now he’s out of a job. Better to practice what you preach, I feel.

Just one game in and I’ve love to see us try to sign Todd Kane on a permanent contract. He’s 24 now and can’t be a Chelsea loanee forever. Let’s make Oxford his permanent home. He’d be a real signing of intent for a promtion push next season.

Hopefully you are right about Charlton as there is plenty of the season left.

As well as trying to get Todd Kane permanently, I suspect Ashley Smith-Brown would likewise be available. If they both impress and are impressed with us then I hope we try.

Beale was coaching in Chelsea youth setup for several years. He probably knows Kane well.

Beale was coaching in Chelsea youth setup for several years. He probably knows Kane well.

Beale retweeted Kane's tweet about joining Oxford which would suggest he knows him... He certainly wasn't tweeting about every other loan move in Jan and only players he appears to have worked with... He also tweeted about Brannigan signing which of course means he will 100% become our manager

The most subtle of clues that perhaps Wayne Brown wasn’t the biggest fan of Pep Clotet...

1f20f738b55b66ff7115dd0e07bc9c5a.jpg

Shaun Derry anyone? I know hasn’t pulled up trees at Cambridge but on a very limited budget he’s done a good job, young and ambitious, always comes across really well and has several seasons experience building a squad full of togetherness! If not us I can certainly see him climbing the ladder.., Would prefer over Sol and Bellamy!!

Forgot your mention Derry has just left Cambridge after they got new owners..,

God, no to Derry. The Cambridge fans I've seen are ecstatic he has gone. Turgid football with weird team selections.

Two particular quotes stood out for me from that:

“I thought in Oxford I could do a mix of what I really like, which is develop young talent.’’

By signing all your old mates from Malmo, Pep? It’s fairly common knowledge that he ignored the scouts reports at the start of the season. Old pros like Tiandalli, 27 year old GvK and Mehmeti aren’t examples of developing young players.

“We improved a lot of the training. Raising the standards. Not only working on how we want the team to play – how Bournemouth and Swansea did in League One – but creating a development plan for the players which will create more value for the players, especially the young players.’’

Two things here. 1) Training was awful under Pep. The players knew it and the coaches knew it. It’s only now that Faz is getting them training at a more intense level. 2) Is Pep genuinely trying to take credit for the model Ashton brought in?! Like hell did he engage in that in his time here. It was his steering towards experienced pros that had got us in this mess, not developing young players.

The bloke is in a fantasy world. Saying one thing and doing another and believing that he’s the dog’s B*****s at what he does. Utterly deluded.

Here’s hoping he ends up at Swindon!

First job = sacked. Second job = sacked. Third job = finished 16th and then last the following season. Fourth job = left after 1 season after failing to secure promotion. Fifth job = sacked. I wish him well and all, but that’s hardly a glowing record.

Back
Top Bottom