There has to be something going on..

If we did have a plan in regards to a new home and it was concrete then I would have no problem being somewhere else for a couple of years as a stop gap.

Frankly he can stick his current stadium where a monkey keeps his nuts!

I would imagine that is linked to the issues with Firoka about the the service charges. Wouldn't surprise me if use of the restaurant had been pulled or the charges vastly increased, and also about conditions for use on non contracted times.
I can't see anything on website about the restaurant going forward, not even for the Shrewsbury game and 125th anniversary.

The best would be, having settled the stadium site, for the council to announce a compulsory purchase of the Kashstad and pay only market rate for the land!

What did Pompey do to force the sale from Chaneri to the new owners ( not the yank Disney man but those before )

Interesting little piece about GKS Katowice new stadium. I believe the capacity is due to be around 16000 and when the supporters didn’t like the original design, two new proposed ideas were put forward. I like them both.
http://www.katowicethecity.com/two-design-projects-of-gks-katowice-stadium/

Costs for both are around PLN160 million. Anyone want to work out the cost in sterling?
£32.75m according to Google - probably more without the Polish workers after Brexit!!!

I remember the club proudly announcing an ambulance could be driven between the stand and pitch at Grenoble road when it was built. I hope I can’t squeeze my a**e crack between pitch and stand at any new stadium.

As for FK.....I had chance in the past to screw over his daughter on a professional basis and it was tempting. I’m glad I’m a better a man than FK and didn’t but there are days I wish had

I remember the club proudly announcing an ambulance could be driven between the stand and pitch at Grenoble road when it was built. I hope I can’t squeeze my a**e crack between pitch and stand at any new stadium.

As for FK.....I had chance in the past to screw over his daughter on a professional basis and it was tempting. I’m glad I’m a better a man than FK and didn’t but there are days I wish had

Christ, he's already angry without you screwing his daughter!!!!!

Stadium opened earlier this year. Now as a multisport arena. Been there a few times in the past for Speedway.

Stadium opened earlier this year. Now as a multisport arena. Been there a few times in the past for Speedway.
The Katowice stadium?

When googling to try and find a photo of it, the following image came up. I can’t help feeling that somehow finding a way to obtain the Kassam and redeveloping into something similar is still the best option. We can only dream of something like this..357A8C6D-77AD-49E4-B2CE-0A0617D77678.jpeg

Are people being unwittingly manipulated by Kassam behind the scenes here?

Our "deal" to play at Grenoble road has another 7 or 8 years to run - more than enough time to find a new site and maybe even build one; by that time Uncle Firoz will be 70 years of age. If we were to sign up for an extension for another 25 years, which we have every legal right to do, he would be be 95 before he can even think about getting us to move and even if he has that much breath left, I would doubt he would still be running his empire, in which case, he ain't never going to see the site developed into this multi-million pound property deal which so many think is his goal.

The closer we get to 2025, the more likely a deal that benefits OUFC becomes if he wants to see the fruits of his labour in his own lifetime. I think the "five sites scenario" is at the moment, just a bit of hardball to see if we can get FK to blink first.

Back
Top Bottom