There has to be something going on..

unlike our last home performance. You know, players faking injuries, water stops, getting the ball boys/girls to use delaying tactics etc.

Of course you're right, but I have to say that our ball boy "losing" the ball behind the ambulance in the south east corner was one of the very few things I had to smile about during the game.

Saw them 1977 at HMS Collingwood absolutely brilliant every hit and more.

I remember a few years (ie decades) back as a spotty wanabe roadie, struggling backstage to plug in a massive 3 phase plug into a switch fuse, and a bloke said "do you want a hand with that mate?". I said ta very much, and then not recognizing him as part of the crew asked him who he was, to which he replied "oh, I'm the bass player with Mudd". Top bloke, a world of difference from Captain Sensible who I've got another story about...

Off topic I know, but anything to lift the gloom.

I remember a few years (ie decades) back as a spotty wanabe roadie, struggling backstage to plug in a massive 3 phase plug into a switch fuse, and a bloke said "do you want a hand with that mate?". I said ta very much, and then not recognizing him as part of the crew asked him who he was, to which he replied "oh, I'm the bass player with Mudd". Top bloke, a world of difference from Captain Sensible who I've got another story about...

Off topic I know, but anything to lift the gloom.
Ray Styles

A lot of speculation on here, but does anyone really know what’s happening, Niall, Oxvox it seems there is nothing from people who should be corresponding with fans/members, it does make you wonder after their recent meetings together ( their words) if they know something or are in the dark like the rest of us?

Not as it was linked to follow up payments for previous sales that were received.
Fair enough but, have they been received? Given that the timescale of these payments is not in the public domain, it is pure speculation to say that they have been paid.

Fair enough but, have they been received? Given that the timescale of these payments is not in the public domain, it is pure speculation to say that they have been paid.

Which is why the board should not be allowed to get away unchallenged with choosing not to hold shareholders AGMs

there are some shareholders who do ask awkward questions of the board members at shareholders AGMs

no AGM ( yes, its not a legal requirement to hold an AGM anymore) = awkward questions not put to board members, including questions regarding finances etc

At the first Fans Forum the incoming chairman was asked directly if there would be a shareholders AGM in 2018, he agreed there would be, yet there hasnt been one held as yet, and theres little likelyhood of one taking place in 2018

the then incoming chairman and his MD agreed to all manner of things at that Fans Forum....few of which have amounted to anything sadly

The payments to DE were scheduled to take place at the same time as outstanding payments were expected from Leeds etc. I would find it extremely unlikely that DE would walk away without having received this money and left almost immediately after the final payment was expected.

None of this has been confirmed in public, but I would say that it would be more speculative to suggest that the debt is still owed.

The payments to DE were scheduled to take place at the same time as outstanding payments were expected from Leeds etc. I would find it extremely unlikely that DE would walk away without having received this money and left almost immediately after the final payment was expected.

None of this has been confirmed in public, but I would say that it would be more speculative to suggest that the debt is still owed.
Sorry but, you are wrong with regard to the payment schedule.
Charged account.PNG

Why would he still need to be at the club to get his money?

I think he left because he had the chance to buy Solihull Moors and wanted his focus there.

Tiger will not buy the stadium from Kassam because he’d have little chance of getting much of his money back.
Good posts from @PC, @Navegante, @unification, @ZeroTheHero.

Getting really angry now.

The aim here is to extricate OUFC from the stadium to allow lucrative development. It's not pure asset-stripping as there are obviously no current assets to strip.

OUFC the club is irrelevant to Tiger, Thohir, Griecke, Nuseibah, Floreat and any other speculative parasites who might get involved. They don't care if we end up homeless or playing on a recreation ground in Bicester.

The club is simply a mess. Absent owner, ineffective manager, stadium owner we can't deal with, part time MD. The list goes on.

Unless something significant happens - and I can't imagine what that might be right now - we'll be playing 'who'll finish bottom?' with Plymouth throughout the season.

Whether we lose on Saturday or win 4-0 is irrelevant. Robinson is going nowhere as he's a convenient part of Tiger's consortium's longer term plan.

No doubt the new housing scheme at Grenoble Road will have to be called 'Kassam Meadows' or something equally obnoxious. Get your name down now.

Good post.

Tiger and all his henchmen will not buy the stadium from Kassam. It’s not financially beneficial to them. There’s very little chance of making any money from it.
This 600k that is owed to Kassam is bigger than that. It is preventing the club from using the stadium how we need and gave rise to the ‘we hate playing here’ KR quote. If it is effecting the team then it needs to be sorted ASAP. In a football world of small gains it’s not about the money and who’s right. The confidence of the players and how a settled and happy the squad is equally effects performance. The 600k should be paid with a view to opening discussion with Kassam to buy the ground.

Tiger will not want to buy the existing ground over a new site because that’s where the money is!
He gets a few money men on board. Builds a stadium, hotel, leisure facilities, shops bars whatever. Then leaves the squad to rot and decline through the leagues until dealing with the fans becomes too much hassle. Then he walks away renting the stadium to us whilst retaining everything else!

Why would he still need to be at the club to get his money?

I think he left because he had the chance to buy Solihull Moors and wanted his focus there.
Quite. That’s the whole point of having the legal charge over the club’s assets. It’s apparent that there was a clearing of the decks in August (steps down from OUFC board, passes Ensco shares in partnership on to City, etc) to allow him to make the takeover at Solihull official.

So are you saying that DE did not receive his payments by 30th September and then leave? Do you honestly think that he would have walked away from the club still owed a huge lump of cash?
Come on, show a little common sense. You have a legally binding charge over an organisation with punitive penalties built in. The whole deal is enshrined within English law, witnessed and signed. Eales stayed on in name only and when the opportunity came to buy into Solihull Moors, he went. He still owns a substantial share holding and, in all likelihood, has received part of the amount due under the charge. Whether he has received all or not, is completely unrelated to his being a director. Aside from anything else, as with all that Eales did during his time with club, all financial transactions involving Eales in any form are dealt with by one of his many companies. Ensco1070, is the beneficiary of this charge it just happens that Eales is the only director of this particular company.

I have no idea whether he has received all or part of the monies due and neither do you so stop being so precious about the whole deal.

Come on, show a little common sense. You have a legally binding charge over an organisation with punitive penalties built in. The whole deal is enshrined within English law, witnessed and signed. Eales stayed on in name only and when the opportunity came to buy into Solihull Moors, he went. He still owns a substantial share holding and, in all likelihood, has received part of the amount due under the charge. Whether he has received all or not, is completely unrelated to his being a director. Aside from anything else, as with all that Eales did during his time with club, all financial transactions involving Eales in any form are dealt with by one of his many companies. Ensco1070, is the beneficiary of this charge it just happens that Eales is the only director of this particular company.

I have no idea whether he has received all or part of the monies due and neither do you so stop being so precious about the whole deal.
It's not bring precious, it's using the common sense that you seem to fail to use yourself. The agreed timeframes for concluding payments was 30th September. It was implied previously that the payment dates were linked to expected income being received for previous sales. There is absolutely no reason to assume that these payments weren't made by Leeds, Bristol City etc, and no reason to believe that these payments weren't then passed on to DE.

It's easy to stamp your feet and demand proof, but there is equally no proof to suggest the payments haven't been made.

If those teams had not paid, it would have leaked and the PFA would be involved as it's a fundamental issue with the paying clubs like Leeds. It would be interesting to know if it's been paid off, and I guess there would be a document at Companies House to state the charge on the club has been released.

I'm not sure as fans we should be privy to the balance on the account as OUFC is a private business after all

It's not bring precious, it's using the common sense that you seem to fail to use yourself. The agreed timeframes for concluding payments was 30th September. It was implied previously that the payment dates were linked to expected income being received for previous sales. There is absolutely no reason to assume that these payments weren't made by Leeds, Bristol City etc, and no reason to believe that these payments weren't then passed on to DE.

It's easy to stamp your feet and demand proof, but there is equally no proof to suggest the payments haven't been made.
Please read. It's in the wording IF. There is no statement to the effect of concluding. And, if there is no proof either way, why say what you did in the first place? A lot of the time you have something sensible to offer, on this occasion, nothing.
Capture.PNG

Back
Top Bottom