Eales has a lot to answer for

But as is likely the Spurs board have said they don't give a **** about the league or fa cup, they are only interested in the league/champions league. Therefore it will be acceptable to them to experiment with a reserve team.
At Oxford Clotet was appointed on the basis of buying in to a development plan, trusted with a budget which he blew on some questionable quality players, and told to compete for promotion. Losing 0-7 at home to a side in the same division would likely be a major black mark, even if it wasn't the one that pushed him out of the door.
How does it work for the other Pep tonight then?

The offer of acceptance was withdrawn, or rejected. For an offer to be rejected it clearly wasn't accectable at the time. Hence, "rejected"!!!
So why due diligence? If the offer is not acceptable, why spend money on checking what you are getting?

So why due diligence? If the offer is not acceptable, why spend money on checking what you are getting?
I don't know if anything changed during the due diligence process, or if the offer was dependent on other factors. But it was rejected, and it would appear that a higher offer would have been accepted.

My point is that if Satori had money to burn and wanted to 'take us on a journey' then a few extra quid wouldn't have been a big issue.

I don't know if anything changed during the due diligence process, or if the offer was dependent on other factors. But it was rejected, and it would appear that a higher offer would have been accepted.

My point is that if Satori had money to burn and wanted to 'take us on a journey' then a few extra quid wouldn't have been a big issue.
Ah, right. I'd always understood that Eales changed his mind at the last minute and then gave the reason that it wasn't in the best interest of the club. No further explanation from the club and surprise from Sartori.

Fascinating. Because you yave

Fascinating. Because you have always given precisely the impression of believing that some of your fellow fans are indeed 'bad guys.'

For the record, what you say is doubtless correct. If Sartori had offered what Tiger offered he would have been successful. You are also right in implying that there is nothing wrong about the owner of a private business selling to the highest bidder.

Probably best to leave out the nonsense about selling to the highest bidder being in the best interests of the club. Cos it then gets rather embarrassing x when said bidder then spends 7 months scrabbling around trying to find the funding. Doesnt necessarily inspire confidence, does it?, that when the club needs further investment going forward that it will be forthcoming.. ..
Fascinating. Because you yave

Fascinating. Because you have always given precisely the impression of believing that some of your fellow fans are indeed 'bad guys.'

For the record, what you say is doubtless correct. If Sartori had offered what Tiger offered he would have been successful. You are also right in implying that there is nothing wrong about the owner of a private business selling to the highest bidder.

Probably best to leave out the nonsense about selling to the highest bidder being in the best interests of the club. Cos it then gets rather embarrassing when said bidder then spends 7 months scrabbling around trying to find the funding. Doesnt necessarily inspire confidence, does it?, that when the club needs further investment going forward that it will be forthcoming.. ..
”if Sartori had offered what Tiger offered”? How do you know what Tiger has offered or even if he’s offered anything at all ?

This is one of the things I find a bit strange about Tigers alleged interest. For someone who likes to appear so high profile at matches, nobody has heard a dickybird about what his intentions are. Jerome Sale and the OM sit there speculating about things just the same as we do. As investigative journalists could one of them not wander over to him and ask for a few words??! It’s not exactly top secret that Tiger is at games is it?! And surely if negotiations were at a sensitive stage and discretion was required he wouldn’t be acting the way he is!
But they’re not investigative journalists are they? They’re just mushrooms like the rest of us. Kept in the dark and fed s**t.

Of course DE could be in the USA on OUFC business and we might get an Eagle and not a Tiger.

Back
Top Bottom