General 'We're not going to stop until it is mathematically impossible'

It’s certainly been a frustrating season. But having the odd difficult season as an established league one side seems a “first football world problem” compared to the hell of non league football.
We do need to push on as a club, and that probably means new management.
If this is just a one season blip, then that’s ok with me. I still feel that the club is moving on a longer term upper trajectory.

It’s certainly been a frustrating season. But having the odd difficult season as an established league one side seems a “first football world problem” compared to the hell of non league football.
If this is just a one season blip, then that’s ok with me. I still feel that the club is moving on a longer term upper trajectory.
It’s not really a one season blip though. We ultimately achieved nothing last season due to a really poor second half of the season. 2022 has really been quite calamitous for KR and he’s fortunate that the new regime appears, for whatever reason, to love him as much as Tiger did.

And I'm not saying that we'll get promoted or go unbeaten until the end of the season, but we need to fight for every point and finish as strongly as possible. Not only does it give us something to build on for next season, it also gives us a bit of pride back. This seaaon is frustrating, but there's always hope.
If only we’d fought for every point and started as strongly as possible, way back at the start of the season eh?..

If only we’d fought for every point and started as strongly as possible, way back at the start of the season eh?..
I would hope, no matter what happens for the remainder of this season, there’s a full review when the dust has settled, so that mistakes that have been made aren’t made again. A close scrutiny of why KR chose to spend a month or so in Spain at such a crucial time in terms of preparation, strategy and recruitment is most definitely needed. The complacency shown in the summer must never be repeated.

What metric are you using to measure this progress?

Clotet was sacked on 22 January 2018 when we were 10th in the league.
P26 W10 D8 L11 P38

We get kicked out of the Kassam in three years time with no planning approved for a new stadium.

The match day 'experience' gets worse by the session.

I will stay loyal but I won't delude myself we're on an upwards trajectory until I see hard evidence.

What metric are you using to measure this progress?

Clotet was sacked on 22 January 2018 when we were 10th in the league.
P26 W10 D8 L11 P38

We get kicked out of the Kassam in three years time with no planning approved for a new stadium.

The match day 'experience' gets worse by the session.

I will stay loyal but I won't delude myself we're on an upwards trajectory until I see hard evidence.
I certainly take your point about this season’s results, the match day experience and the looming stadium situation.

I was really looking from the point when the club’s problems started in the late 90s, nearly going bankrupt building the new stadium.
Everything that followed, Kassam, Nick Merry, Non league football were the consequences. But since 2008 we’ve been on a steady path back through the leagues, and the possibility of the stadium issue being resolved once and for all, which will hopefully draw a line under the last quarter of a century of uncertainty.

Back
Top Bottom