Eales has a lot to answer for

I’m pretty surprised you put this info out into the public domain, for little more than a quibble on an obscure Internet forum.
Anyway I wonder why DE did pull out of the Sartori deal, maybe it was because of your involvement and letting out details!
Like you said maybe ask Donald and Faulkner and they might back that reason up.
If that is the case, why not put your ego away and keep tight lipped until the deal was done.

Now you know Charlie couldn’t keep tight lipped as he was getting paid to protect Sartori’s image and put all the nasty people on a obscure Internet forum right if there was any negativity towards him.

Now you know Charlie couldn’t keep tight lipped as he was getting paid to protect Sartori’s image and put all the nasty people on a obscure Internet forum right if there was any negativity towards him.
Is that a phone I can hear ringing in the background ???

Hang on. I don’t want to get involved in any of the arguments but something needs picking up on: The new bidder (Tiger?) struggling for 7 months to find the money. Is this known for sure? Genuine question from a concerned supporter

So after all that Sartori just wanted OUFC as a feeder club for Monaco to swap players from one club to another and I’m sure in the long run it would of been more beneficial to Monaco than OUFC. No different to Man City setting up New York City.

I might be in my own but I’m certainly very happy not to be a feeder club to Monaco and glad the bid fell through. Maybe Eales realised the Monaco links weren’t in the best interest of OUFC.

Any deal that involves a link with another club is of zero interest to me and should be resisted at all costs. I’m interested in watching OUFC, at the highest level our independence can sustain.

Hang on. I don’t want to get involved in any of the arguments but something needs picking up on: The new bidder (Tiger?) struggling for 7 months to find the money. Is this known for sure? Genuine question from a concerned supporter
Of course it’s not for sure, it’s a opinion posted on an obscure Internet forum, not sure how people know this privy information and post it here, or it’s just guess work to suit their purposes, who really knows apart from the concerned parties,

At least we know sartori
Another phone call Chaz? With regard to the months of scrabbling around for funds, I guess that can only ever be truly judged if and when a deal is completed. If we waiting even longer but the end product was a deal for club and stadium etc then we'd all be grateful I guess. In the scheme of things, time is not essential right now, even with problems on the pitch.

My concern is that your original bid was trumped by DE due to him paying more, and Tiger seems to have a better chance due a raised bid. So are DE and Tiger so frivolous that they're happy spending an extra few million, or were your guys looking to get a deal on the cheap. Because penny pinching is not what I want from any future owner.

The value of anything is only what someone is willing to.pay for it. GCSE economics. Two people could value the same thing miles apart. That extra million, or whatever, could have been an extra three players for the club.

I've just had a telephone call, alerting me to the fact that someone is lying about the Sartori bid on the forum. Hence my (brief, I hope) return. No surprises that it is little lickspittle Dave...sigh.

Here are the facts about the "Sartori bid". Donald and Jeremy Faulkner will confirm that they are true, if asked. If necessary, I can simply do an email dump. Which I will do if people keep on lying. I don't give a damn if everyone forgets about Sartori altogether. But I'm not going to let liars propagate a false folklore.

1. Sartori approached me last January and said that he wanted to buy an English football club
2. I introduced him to Donald in February
3. Donald - after doing his own research on Sartori - introduced him to DE shortly after, as DE had indicated that he wanted out and Donald clearly felt that he was a credible bidder
4. After some negotiation, Sartori (with Donald as supporting minority interest) made a bid in March. It was rejected. He made another bid. It was rejected. He made a third bid. It was accepted by DE and went into due diligence
5. As part of due diligence - and responsibly, as the bid had been accepted - Donald and Faulkner introduced Sartori to Kassam in April. They met, twice, in Monaco to negotiate a wrap-around lease on the Kassam Stadium
6. Sartori had hired property consultants to do the due diligence on both Grenoble Road and the likelihood of a move elsewhere. The consultants reported back that buying the Kassam Stadium was total pie in the sky, and moving elsewhere no more than a 30% likelihood in the short to medium term, so he had better make sure to get a solid lease from Kassam.
7. Sartori - as Donald will confirm, if asked - had the backing of Monaco for OUFC to become a partner club if he could get Oxford promoted to the Championship. But not in League 1. Therefore, his plan was to inject significant capital to gain promotion to League 1, either move the stadium or build the fourth stand as part of the new lease with Kassam and start the partnership with Monaco.
8. The deal was due to complete in early to mid June, but on June 8 DE wrote to Sartori to say that the deal was off, and that he had decided that he wanted to continue as owner.
9. Three weeks later, Michael Appleton resigned. Two weeks later than that, I heard for the first time that a new bid had been made for the club (mid to late July) at a higher figure than Sartori/ Donald. A couple of weeks after that, in August, "Tiger" appeared at his first OUFC game and has been hanging around, on and off, more or less ever since.

The Sartori bid is history. No need to discuss it at all (unless it is to set the record straight). And there are no facts to suggest that Sartori would have been successful or unsuccessful. It was well-funded (ask Donald) and the due diligence had been done very, very thoroughly. But he still could have failed. Of course he could.

But if you want to defend Tiger's bid, then just do so on the basis of its own merits (or lack of them). Don't try to pretend that the reason that people have misgivings about Tiger's record is because they are, or were, Sartori supporters. If anyone, including Sartori, had asset stripped any local club, questions would, and should, have been asked. If anyone had spent a whole season hanging around any club behaving as if he were the owner, without having actually brassed up, people would ridicule him, let alone ask questions. These questions have nothing to do with Sartori. They are genuine, obvious questions that only so-called supporters who have been 'bought up' by vested interests would pretend not to be interested in.
Why was buying Grenoble Road ‘pie in the sky’? Because of Kassam himself, or due to a hugely inflated price? Or something else? Genuine fan asking a genuine question.

At least we know sartori

The value of anything is only what someone is willing to.pay for it. GCSE economics. Two people could value the same thing miles apart. That extra million, or whatever, could have been an extra three players for the club.

Of course, but if you under bid for something you can't then complain if the bid is not accepted. One of the things people have been praising Satori for is his huge independent wealth. That is no use if he's not prepared to spend it.

But we’ve only been told these things by the same people. People that really wanted sartori’s involvement. The back sartori campaign has followed the exact line of the back the methven bid, do all u can to make Darryl/tiger look the terrible option, so that fans support the other. Darryl has turned out to be nowhere near the evil asset stripping venture capitalist he was made out to be, and tiger could equally be the same. The same people only ever mention the positives with sartori and the negatives with tiger, why do u think that is. If sartori has come in and completed WE we would be paying rent to his holding company while he developed and made money on the surrounding land (sound familiar). Yet it’s given as an example of tiger asset stripping at Reading. I also think the sartori bid was very heavily reliant on WE, so that could have been the delay for which Darryl pulled out when he found he had been punted nothing more than a dream. I’d be happy to get investment from either party it’s clear we need it and Darryl has been open in saying with himself

Sartori said himself.

So after all that Sartori just wanted OUFC as a feeder club for Monaco to swap players from one club to another and I’m sure in the long run it would of been more beneficial to Monaco than OUFC. No different to Man City setting up New York City.

I might be in my own but I’m certainly very happy not to be a feeder club to Monaco and glad the bid fell through. Maybe Eales realised the Monaco links weren’t in the best interest of OUFC.

You really are unreal.

I know, which part of the post ur responding to did I say he hadn’t? We haven’t yet heard tigers plan, or even darryls so it’s a bit hard to compare, as I said earlier it could be exactly the same baring the Monaco link
This is one of the things I find a bit strange about Tigers alleged interest. For someone who likes to appear so high profile at matches, nobody has heard a dickybird about what his intentions are. Jerome Sale and the OM sit there speculating about things just the same as we do. As investigative journalists could one of them not wander over to him and ask for a few words??! It’s not exactly top secret that Tiger is at games is it?! And surely if negotiations were at a sensitive stage and discretion was required he wouldn’t be acting the way he is!

Of course, but if you under bid for something you can't then complain if the bid is not accepted. One of the things people have been praising Satori for is his huge independent wealth. That is no use if he's not prepared to spend it.
The bid was accepted

No, rejected. For it to be accepted it clearly was an acceptable offer at the time, the clue is in the word "accepted"
The offer of acceptance was withdrawn, or rejected. For an offer to be rejected it clearly wasn't accectable at the time. Hence, "rejected"!!!

Back
Top Bottom