Ex Player Rob Dickie

id be happy with 4-5 million considering the length of dickies contract I have always been a big admirer of his I haven't seen him have a bad game to be completely honest. As above whoever does end up paying the highest fee will have themselves a very capable footballer he is better than nelson, Dunkley and many that have got a good move before him.

id be happy with 4-5 million considering the length of dickies contract I have always been a big admirer of his I haven't seen him have a bad game to be completely honest. As above whoever does end up paying the highest fee will have themselves a very capable footballer he is better than nelson, Dunkley and many that have got a good move before him.
He’s had his fair share of bad games Barnsley away in 18/19 Portsmouth away that same season of the top of my head.I’d say since we switched to a 433 and went on that run to stay up in 18/19 he has come on leaps and bounds and is now one of the best defenders outside the premier league.

If Rob Dickie does leave we should give Brannagan the armband. Steven Gerrard number two, plays for the shirt with the same style, and just signed a new long contract.

There is something he does that he may not get away with at a higher level but it's not for me to draw attention to it.

• React
Reactions: m
Scenario:
Newcastle United have tabled a bid £3.6m what do we do.

Do we snap there hands off, and say yes and thank you, or do we wait for the other clubs lurking in the waters, and see what they come up with....

Scenario:
Newcastle United have tabled a bid £3.6m what do we do.

Do we snap there hands off, and say yes and thank you, or do we wait for the other clubs lurking in the waters, and see what they come up with....

Negotiate with Newcastle for a better deal while quietly behind the scenes letting it be known they've made such a bid which I'm sure happens anyway.

Negotiate with Newcastle for a better deal while quietly behind the scenes letting it be known they've made such a bid which I'm sure happens anyway.

Can you get a better deal, for a player with one year left in his contract. Could Newcastle say forget it, and nobody else wants in. Then we lose him for nothing. Tough situation to be in.

We dont seem to have a clue what players are worth. Answer? Depends on demand. We need to set out our stall here and wipe £3m of the face of this "deal" - so many good teams want him and been compared to slab-head. I would be saying wont listen to offers <£5m and expect more (PREMIERSHIP PLAYER!) + huge sell ons - although too much chat/"we wont stand in his way of a dream move" makes you wonder who would believe it. As soon as he moves his "value" will go up £10m. Dispel £3m now Karl! Let those who have real cash to spend raise their heads.

Can you get a better deal, for a player with one year left in his contract. Could Newcastle say forget it, and nobody else wants in. Then we lose him for nothing. Tough situation to be in.

I suspect we know already who is interested so let that be known in the negotiations although I suspect the interested clubs will already know this anyway.

We dont seem to have a clue what players are worth. Answer? Depends on demand. We need to set out our stall here and wipe £3m of the face of this "deal" - so many good teams want him and been compared to slab-head. I would be saying wont listen to offers <£5m and expect more (PREMIERSHIP PLAYER!) + huge sell ons - although too much chat/"we wont stand in his way of a dream move" makes you wonder who would believe it. As soon as he moves his "value" will go up £10m. Dispel £3m now Karl! Let those who have real cash to spend raise their heads.

If it was just Newcastle in for him, we'd have to be a bit more cautious. They could say "no thanks" and move on to their next target.

However, with 4-5 teams at least thinking about putting in bids, we can afford to gauge a decent price for him to see who bites, and have plenty of time to scale back to the likes of £3-4m if no one is biting.

If it was just Newcastle in for him, we'd have to be a bit more cautious. They could say "no thanks" and move on to their next target.

However, with 4-5 teams at least thinking about putting in bids, we can afford to gauge a decent price for him to see who bites, and have plenty of time to scale back to the likes of £3-4m if no one is biting.
Just not sure the transfer game is our strong point - KR "Our best players left in January" - should have been >3m each then :) I think we say too much, make it clear they are for sale, ("its not fair to keep them"....) and then end up selling them too cheaply. The potential value of a key player like CB for a PL club is huge. £3m wouldnt get you a PL reserve! Could also opt to do it like buying a house in Scotland. Closed envelope bids - must meet our reserve - they were talking "cut price" £300k a month ago, now £3m....ride the fire

Isnt it mad though that hypothetically we could get £100m for him and still not be allowed to spend > £2.5m on squad wages

Was just thinking about the wage cap thing and potentially not being able to reinvest it all due to the cap, but couldn't we just say to players coming in "we'll give you £250k signing on bonus and then you're on 2/3 of the wage you were after", for example.

Just not sure the transfer game is our strong point

I would say that, despite all the stressing on here, transfers are our strong point! Just in the last year we've had;

£3m+ for Baptiste (still picking up injuries) and Fosu (bit player at Brentford) is still good money.

Best part of £3m for Whyte who is struggling to get too many games at Cardiff.

Then over the last couple of years we've brought in Whyte, Sykes, Dickie, Brannagan, Moore, Cooper, Clare, Fosu, Gorrin, Forde and Agyei all for below average fees.

So we're getting pretty luck for something we're not good at!!

I would say that, despite all the stressing on here, transfers are our strong point! Just in the last year we've had;

£3m+ for Baptiste (still picking up injuries) and Fosu (bit player at Brentford) is still good money.

Best part of £3m for Whyte who is struggling to get too many games at Cardiff.

Then over the last couple of years we've brought in Whyte, Sykes, Dickie, Brannagan, Moore, Cooper, Clare, Fosu, Gorrin, Forde and Agyei all for below average fees.

So we're getting pretty luck for something we're not good at!!
Yeah to be honest, that gave me a bit of a hard on. Quality business. You also forgot Taylor who took a significant pay-cut to join us. I know he was 'free' but still good business, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom