Ex Player Rob Dickie

According to the people who crunch football finance numbers for a living, Reading managed to spend an extraordinary 226% of their income on wages last year - the most in the Championship. This was after being second the year before with a barely better 197%.

Given that you're not supposed to be able to lose more than 39m over a three year period, and the EFL appears to finally be showing some teeth in that regard, you would think they'd have no choice but to dramatically cut their expenses for the coming season. They've basically gone all in to get back to the Premier League, and all they've achieved is to just escape relegation.

On the other hand - the likes of Norwich, Fulham & Brighton being interested? PL money = Cha Ching!
226% REALLY?!?! Jeebus, and I thought we were bad with 66%

226% REALLY?!?! Jeebus, and I thought we were bad with 66%

That's what's being reported

And by the way, Chris Wilder's Sheffield United, who got promoted to the Premier League on a shoestring? Wage-to-Turnover ratio of 190% in their promotion season!
Maybe, like Bournemouth before them, not quite the rags-to-riches story that the media likes to portray........

already mentioned above. says all three promoted clubs looking at him (Leeds, West Brom, Fulham)

Surely a Premier League transfer must be over £5M?

Wish I'd seen this before commenting on Reading. Thing is, he's only ever had 1 start in the Championship. It's a big jump, so, he maybe seen as cover. We need a Striker we'll spend big there. Bilic's budget isn't super high Ican't see us paying more than 3m

Wish I'd seen this before commenting on Reading. Thing is, he's only ever had 1 start in the Championship. It's a big jump, so, he maybe seen as cover. We need a Striker we'll spend big there. Bilic's budget isn't super high Ican't see us paying more than 3m
Then you may lose out

The more teams involved higher up, then surely that’s got to be good for us.

Just out of curiosity what’s the record sale for a defender from Lge 1?

£3.51m according to Transferarkt

Either Paddy McNair leaving Sunderland for £5m, but he's classed as CB/DM. Depends which he plays more.

Or it's Matt Clarke leaving Portsmouth last year for Brighton, £3.5 million

Just looked and there’s quite a few listed at 3.5m, Matt Clarke and some lad called Sam McCallum who Cov sold in Jan, who I have never heard of

Then you may lose out

Probably will yeah
Thing is, what is the going rate for a defender that can deal with Raheem Sterling?

Can he do it weekly is the question, Hopefully this time next year you'll be up. You'll see the difference between League 1 and The Championship. It another jump up again between upper Championship and Prem. He maybe awesome, but, He's still not played Championship football we really need experienced players at the back. I rather we bought Vida orr Duffy

Probably will yeah

Can he do it weekly is the question, Hopefully this time next year you'll be up. You'll see the difference between League 1 and The Championship. It another jump up again between upper Championship and Prem. He maybe awesome, but, He's still not played Championship football we really need experienced players at the back. I rather we bought Vida orr Duffy
Ill have you know, Robert Dickie is a Championship veteran with...

One appearance.

The thing is this season just gone Dickie kept sterling .. Jesus.. joelinton twice ... haller... most league 1 strikers in his back pocket hardly anybody got the better of him so i reckon 7.5m starting price ??

Back
Top Bottom