General Rob Atkinson

Well done.

But I have to question that team. How the hell has McGeady got in ahead of Wilks (Hull) and Lee Burge ahead of a number of keepers?

I would suspect that voting was done a few weeks ago when Sunderland were playing better than they are.

I don't understand why these awards are done before the end of the season.

Even then Wilks has been better than McGeady.

Well done, Rob! He’s had a terrific season.

(Sam Long has been robbed of a place in that side though.)

EDIT. He follows in the recent footsteps of Cam Bran and Dickie from the 2019-20 L1 TotY and George Baldock and Kemar Roofe in L2’s TotY in 2015-16. You have to go back to 2010-11 when Damian Batt made it to find the last Oxford player to make it.

Last edited:
What decides this? Votes, or average player ratings across the season?

I agree with others regarding the dubiousness of that team but Rob has had a fantastic season. His first in full professional football and he is now one of the first names on the team sheet. Imagine how we would feel if we made it to the play offs and he wasn’t available for any reason? Thats how important he has become. I actually think he is our most saleable asset at the moment. He has almost unique abilities with how he carries the ball forward, that coupled with his size and being left footed will have a lot of teams higher up the food chain looking at him. Hopefully, the fact that he has only had one season at this level will mean that it would benefit him to be here next season as well. Would be a gamble for anyone higher to take a punt on what, Id hope, we would want for him. He also possibly needs to add a bit more of a goal threat at set pieces to his game.

Our entire back 5 could've been in there and it wouldn't have looked out of place. Moore and Long in particular have been robbed. I agree that Atkinson is probably our hottest prospect at the moment, one season in pro football and he's in the TotY. The way he drifts out of defence is a dream and his ability in the air is bloody good too. He'll get to the Prem I think.

Yes. OM saying bids from Bristol City around 1.6 million.
I think that is the last we shall see of Rob Atkinson here. Such a shame that we were largely unable to appreciate his talents from the stands!☹️

Yes. OM saying bids from Bristol City around 1.6 million.
I think that is the last we shall see of Rob Atkinson here. Such a shame that we were largely unable to appreciate his talents from the stands!☹️

Add ons will be on top as well iirc their article.

BREAKING - OUFC confirm the sale of Rob Atkinson to Bristol City for an undisclosed fee.

Just hope the sell on clauses are a bit more favourable in our direction for once

BREAKING - OUFC confirm the sale of Rob Atkinson to Bristol City for an undisclosed fee.

Getting the news out just before the England game, is it?

giphy.gif

All the best to him and wish him well for the future. Glad the clubs have been able to get it sorted out relatively quickly, you don't want transfer nonsense dragging on for too long. Means we can get that replacement in with a good amount of pre-season to go.

Back
Top Bottom