Ex Player Rob Dickie

The thing is this season just gone Dickie kept sterling .. Jesus.. joelinton twice ... haller... most league 1 strikers in his back pocket hardly anybody got the better of him so i reckon 7.5m starting price ??
Now there was me thinking Stirling scored twice against us...

Now I might be wrong but every Man City goal against us was break away goals my point was more how many times did sterling beat him
Watching them back, both Stirling goals were quick breaks, and Dickie was close to Stirling for both of his goals, but could do nothing to stop them.

He played bloody well that evening, as did the whole team, but he couldn't prevent Stirling from scoring.

Stirling's goals were both tap ins weren't they? Dickie was hardly at fault for either of those!

But the Joelinton goal at our place? That showed why he's only a 10m player, not a 30m player! He was pressing a bit high up the pitch and Joelinton left him for dust.

I’ve been burned by the Baptiste sale, and I really don’t think we should expect too high a transfer fee. If we start throwing around big numbers like we did for him, we’re going to be left disappointed and angry. 3m for a defender in League One with 12 months left on his contract is extraordinarily good business.

I’ve been burned by the Baptiste sale, and I really don’t think we should expect too high a transfer fee. If we start throwing around big numbers like we did for him, we’re going to be left disappointed and angry. 3m for a defender in League One with 12 months left on his contract is extraordinarily good business.
True, but 12 months is a long time in football. If a club wants him they’ll pay to get him now. The key to this is how many clubs actually want him. Supply and demand and all that.

Much depends whether those in charge can resist the first offer that comes their way,perhaps somethings already been agreed:unsure:

Stirling's goals were both tap ins weren't they? Dickie was hardly at fault for either of those!
Tap ins created by movement and guile inside the box from a top striker.

As I said, Dickie had a great game, but you can't say Stirling was in his pocket if he scored twice, even if it was in jest.

• React
Reactions: m
Oxford fans while a good player is still ours:
He’s had every player he every faced in his pocket though. He could easily play in the Champions League, minimum. He will be in the England squad one day. £10m will buy you a signed photo of him.

Oxford fans once that same player has been sold : Was he even actually that good though? He had plenty of bad games for us, blew very hot and cold. He was pretty injury prone as well. I feel like X coming through will be a better player in the long run anyway.

He’s had every player he every faced in his pocket though. He could easily play in the Champions League, minimum. He will be in the England squad one day. £10m will buy you a signed photo of him.

Oxford fans once that same player has been sold : Was he even actually that good though? He had plenty of bad games for us, blew very hot and cold. He was pretty injury prone as well. I feel like X coming through will be a better player in the long run anyway.
You never know he might play champion league (one day) and England well we’re not blessed in that department at the moment we’ve got some dodgy defenders so he might be playing for England (one day) but put it this way imo he is the best cb in league one atm others can disagree that’s the point of this forum if we all agreed on everything would be boring

Its progress though! When you look back a couple of years to the likes of Candice Carroll and Joe Rothwell it was;

Oxford fans while they're with us:
Injury prone, not consistent, doesn't know his best position, living off one good game.

Oxford fans when they moved:
We've just let go the next Bobby Moore and Michel Platini. We should have broken the bank to keep them. No ambition!!!

I think bottom line is that we're some miserable sods at times!!!

Whats funny is that in he missed out in some journalist's League One Team of the Season reviews, to Rotherham's Michael Ihiekwe and Coventry's Michael Rose.

Mind you, those clubs "earned" promotion, and I've seen Coventry fans bleating about how come the TOTS picks are not just the Coventry first XI? Like they totally ran away with the league, as opposed to just acquiring a 6 point lead in February alone.

Back
Top Bottom