National News Prince Phillip has died

So by not suing me, does it make my statement true?
Do you have any factual or circumstantial evidence to substantiate your claims? No. Is there at the very least, circumstantial evidence that proves Prince Andrew was involved with a number of high profile paedos? Yes. That alone gives credence to those accusations. Body language experts have analysed his BBC interview and it is clear he isn’t telling the truth. Why won’t he cooperate with American police, despite promising that he would? You calling me a paedo and Prince Andrews situation aren’t even remotely comparable..

Do you have any factual or circumstantial evidence to substantiate your claims? No. Is there at the very least, circumstantial evidence that proves Prince Andrew was involved with a number of high profile paedos? Yes. That alone gives credence to those accusations. Body language experts have analysed his BBC interview and it is clear he isn’t telling the truth. Why won’t he cooperate with American police, despite promising that he would? You calling me a paedo and Prince Andrews situation aren’t even remotely comparable..
They are if you claimed that a statement must be true if someone doesn't sue those making the statement.

You've talked about circumstantial evidence, or guilt by association, neither of which hold any weight. Body language "experts" can only give an opinion, there's no scientific credibility to what they say. And has the FBI or any law enforcement agency requested an interview with him? To my knowledge there's nothing to cooperate with beyond tabloid speculation.

So I have nothing to substantiate claims against you, and you have nothing to substantiate claims against Prince Andrew!

They are if you claimed that a statement must be true if someone doesn't sue those making the statement.

You've talked about circumstantial evidence, or guilt by association, neither of which hold any weight. Body language "experts" can only give an opinion, there's no scientific credibility to what they say. And has the FBI or any law enforcement agency requested an interview with him? To my knowledge there's nothing to cooperate with beyond tabloid speculation.

So I have nothing to substantiate claims against you, and you have nothing to substantiate claims against Prince Andrew!
Scotch, going to step in on this one. I agree with one of the biggest points you make and that is how misleading, misinformative some of the popular UK press is and even how gullible some/most of the popular are.

Whether over the years it has been the Sun, NOTW or now the Daily Mail, level headed people would take what they print or say with a huge pinch of salt. I sometimes feel we would be better having media and press similar to say Singapore.

People complaining about moving one game of football so that the funeral of one of the most significant figures in recent British history can take place? Let’s put a game in perspective.
Couldn’t care less what time we kick off, it’s far easier to shift by a couple of hours than the funeral and it'll still get played, we can still watch it again if we miss it first time.
Not really a big deal when you put it in perspective of things that really matter and to the majority of the public, this funeral and the funerals of all those who have lost loved ones matter more than a game.

People complaining about moving one game of football so that the funeral of one of the most significant figures in recent British history can take place? Let’s put a game in perspective.
Couldn’t care less what time we kick off, it’s far easier to shift by a couple of hours than the funeral and it'll still get played, we can still watch it again if we miss it first time.
Not really a big deal when you put it in perspective of things that really matter and to the majority of the public, this funeral and the funerals of all those who have lost loved ones matter more than a game.

But it’s not one game of football is it? It’s pretty much every game of football, and rugby to boot. What a nonsense. Do you think the bloke would have given a damn that people were playing sport when he was being buried?

But it’s not one game of football is it? It’s pretty much every game of football, and rugby to boot. What a nonsense. Do you think the bloke would have given a damn that people were playing sport when he was being buried?

I am not sure he would have given a damn about any of this to be honest.

Probably the sort of bloke who would say, put me in the hole, get on with your day and stop making such a fuss.

But it is what it is and I am amazed so many are getting upset about a day of disruption to scheduling, as a simple mark of respect.

It is really not the end of the world and I would imagine if it wasn’t for the pandemic and thousands of people would normally be travelling to sporting events, the scheduling would have been very different. As it it we just need to log in to iFollow or turn the radio on at a different time.

Respect. You either show it, or you don’t it’s up to you but I’m not too bothered about other clubs, just ours and if our one game is rescheduled so be it, hardly worth getting wound up about.

I can’t think of too many that will be up there with him.
Captain Tom Moore, but I suppose them there will always be that will say he just did a few steps around his garden.
Prince Philip deserves recognition for his naval service before becoming a prince.
The Duke of Edinburgh award has received much praise from around the commonwealth too.
He has given this country over seventy years service. Not many people survive long enough to do that

In what way is he one of the most significant figures in recent British history? If you wrote a history of the last 100 years he would only get a mention for marrying the queen.

Captain Tom Moore, but I suppose them there will always be that will say he just did a few steps around his garden.
Prince Philip deserves recognition for his naval service before becoming a prince.
The Duke of Edinburgh award has received much praise from around the commonwealth too.
He has given this country over seventy years service. Not many people survive long enough to do that
I've done 60 years following OUFC. Does that count for anything? Must add 4 years following Headington United also.. Don't suppose my funeral will be televised.

I've done 60 years following OUFC. Does that count for anything? Must add 4 years following Headington United also.. Don't suppose my funeral will be televised.

If you die before June 21st then people will be able to watch it over the internet with a code if that makes you feel any better? It’s like a really depressing IFollow.

Captain Tom Moore, but I suppose.
So in considering who might be one of the most significant figures in recent British history, two who immediately come to mind are HRH and Tom Moore. I think horizons need to be expanded a bit, and that's not being disrespectful to either candidate who both added to the life of the country, that's just being sensible.

Back
Top Bottom