National News Prince Phillip has died

Come on, this is getting a bit ridiculous. The bottom line is that the Royal estate pay all profits into the public purse before receiving a total of 25% back as an income. The more the estate earns, the more we receive as a result. It's basic taxation!
Last from me on this as it's not really appropriate for this thread but I'm interested in all the income they get as a result of being who they and therefore what they own.e.g. Charles's income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

I prefer the monarchy to the US version of Trump or Biden or worse still the North Korean version
I think that's a bit apples and pears - the Monarchy actually have no political power - just look at the example of when the Government lied to the Queen about the legality of proroguing Parliament, whilst they had to 'ask' (mislead) her, she had no real power to stop it.

American Presidents and in particular @Ryanbirdio's cousin have a lot of real power.

Are you not capable of performing your own research?
I didn't put this post up (below) so I shouldn't be being asked to back it up, I am correctly the one asking the questions.
Independent reports suggest the Monarchy contributes £1.75 billion to the U.K. economy and costs £292 million.

Not audited the figures myself though 😉

Not questioning the contribution of those your mention, but my response was aimed directly at the comment about state handouts referred to be DannyC

I didn't put this post up (below) so I shouldn't be being asked to back it up, I am correctly the one asking the questions.

Attachments

• brand_finance_monarchy_press_release.pdf
    446.2 KB · Views: 8
The headline seems to be although they own tangible assets of £25.5 billion they still take £292 million pa from the public purse. There is probably a threshold below which means testing kicks in.

The headline seems to be although they own tangible assets of £25.5 billion they still take £292 million pa from the public purse. There is probably a threshold below which means testing kicks in.
Crown estate is not privately owned and all revenues go to the treasury. The crown is not allowed to sell these assets.

The Duchies are part of the privy purse but pay taxes in the normal way.

As I understand it the grant of £292 million goes to maintaining Crown assets and fulfilling state duties.

I am no expert but I have no issue with the benefit of the Crown to U.K. Plc at a cost to me of £5 a year. That’s 25 minutes of one Oxford game per season 😉

Funeral next Saturday at 3pm, I hope our game isn't moved.

Crown estate is not privately owned and all revenues go to the treasury. The crown is not allowed to sell these assets.

The Duchies are part of the privy purse but pay taxes in the normal way.

As I understand it the grant of £292 million goes to maintaining Crown assets and fulfilling state duties.

I am no expert but I have no issue with the benefit of the Crown to U.K. Plc at a cost to me of £5 a year. That’s 25 minutes of one Oxford game per season 😉
(y)

Why would it be? It’s not a state funeral. Bigger things to worry about; like making the play offs..

Well it seems every channel will be broadcasting this, so I wouldn't put it past them to move all the games to 12pm kick offs.

Back
Top Bottom