Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he’s met the squad and thought , you know what I’ve changed my mind
Erick just pulled up to the training ground in a Maybach, handbrake turn. He's put a stop to the appointment whilst Wesley Sneijder and Javier Zanetti walk through white smoke filled double doors in the background...

Imagine Stars in their Eyes, basically.

Sadly they’ve been tainted by association. Hopefully they can now show what they about.

Mousiniho was also tainted to a degree, but he managed to leave the madhouse and is now showing what he can do given the chance.

Quite. There's this odd logic at play, where people claim the coaching staff are all rubbish, but then also pine for a member of the coaching staff that got away. It's all just prejudice, written from a position of zero knowledge.

I am so firmly in the camp that's disappointed with anyone but Appleton.

The folk on here criticising us for wanting the fun nostalgia candidate sound like they spend their time sat in beige rooms weighing up which Volvo best represents their own sense of self-importance.

But if we appoint Manning, then he's Oxford and gets all the support and all the songs that 99% of potential managers would get. Absolute madness to suggest otherwise.

If Manning is brilliant then I'll happy get the beers in town after we seal promotion in 2024. If he's rubbish, we can go back to winding up Scotch Egg and giving the Execs pelters.
Fun and nostalgia are hardly long term sustainable traits for a successful manager though are they..And I haven’t even got a Volvo.
Live in the past by all means with your sepia pictures of League 2 promotion and memories of a chairman that promised to buy supporters a pint at Carlisle United but if it is Manning it sounds like we’ll have a young, progressive manager using all available technology to help him and the team to be successful, backed by wealthy forward thinking owners who want to grow the club. I know which one I prefer for now and the future.
Just announce Manning, with Appleton as his assistant..

Quite. There's this odd logic at play, where people claim the coaching staff are all rubbish, but then also pine for a member of the coaching staff that got away. It's all just prejudice, written from a position of zero knowledge.
Come, these guys have been part of the problem all season. If they had produced success then they would be kept on.

I did, I did. It's reaching the point where, having wanted Appleton, decided McGann was fine, and Liam Manning was most satisfactory, that I'm searching for the good points of Bernard fucking Manning.

If you have a pathological hatred of turkeys or foreigners he is your man (can never remember which one is which).

Maybe the owners got so fed up of the calls for Robinson head that they came up with a cunning plan to stop it happening again, just never announce a new manager.

Which does make it sound like we are owned by Baldrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom