Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy with McCann. Would’ve like him, Appleton or Warburton personally. I think it’s good we are having someone completely new in.

If it’s true of course

Yep if it’s true. We don’t know for certain. It’s only someone on Twitter saying so. Even they get it wrong sometimes.

Also worth pointing out that the story doesn’t actually say he has been appointed, and the media have been fed some lies in the last few days (Holden, Buckingham, Unsworth all never been involved). Fair chance we are all jumping the gun.

Annoyingly, Alan Nixon is often bang on the money.

If McCann has been appointed it feels underwhelming. I hate to say it, but we’ve missed a trick if we haven’t opted to MApp.

One of the big factors in him being picked over Appy you would assume is that he had a record of keeping clubs up. In fact he has a very good record of not being able to do that. 2 relegations and could not save Peterborough from a dogfight. The fact he took Hull straight back up for me is not as inspiring as building a team that had failed expectations for 6 seasons or so like Appy, even if it was L2 . Its all relative.

We are in a dogfight and he has no track record of success from one what I can see.

He's been praised for his style of football and his sides generally create a lot of chances.

Hmm.

I thought it last week and still feel it now -McCann gives me slight, dare I say it, KR vibes.

Of course he had a title win with Hull, but he didn't have to build it, he had a squad (he had) just relegated that was too good for L1.

Donny - good effort - but no promotion.
Posh - all a bit 'meh'.

For me, he's the continuity candidate (which is why it's so believable).

I dont think he's an empire builder, which is what I'd hoped for.

I think we stay up, and we're back to being top half next season, but I can see this petering out in disappointing fashion - sans promotion - in a year or 3.

Opportunity missed for me.

McCann has had Cliff Byrne as his assistant at Doncaster, Hull and Peterborough second time round.

It's easy to see how his credentials will have appealed. Won the league, wow!

It's a bit meh. But maybe that's what we need. Steady, progressive management.

Over the last couple of days I have totally come round to Appt returning. I think he would give the fans and players the boost to get us over the line.

But anyone will have my support. They will need it as it's a s**t sandwich they've been given.

Good thing about McCann and his Doncaster connections is that we may be able to re-sign Les Robinson to sort out our defensive issues 🤞

Hmm.

I thought it last week and still feel it now -McCann gives me slight, dare I say it, KR vibes.

Of course he had a title win with Hull, but he didn't have to build it, he had a squad (he had) just relegated that was too good for L1.

Donny - good effort - but no promotion.
Posh - all a bit 'meh'.

For me, he's the continuity candidate (which is why it's so believable).

I dont think he's an empire builder, which is what I'd hoped for.

I think we stay up, and we're back to being top half next season, but I can see this petering out in disappointing fashion - sans promotion - in a year or 3.

Opportunity missed for me.
At Hull, he did have the nucleus of a side from the Champ - Elder, Honeyman, Ingram, Magennis, Lewis-Potter

But he added the following

Permanents
Malik Wilks - 44 appearances, 19 goals.
Greg Docherty - 44 appearances
Alfie Jones - 31 appearances
Lewie Coyle - 28 appearances
Josh Emmanuel - 27 appearances
Richie Smallwood - 27 appearances
Thomas Mayer - 6 appearances
Jordan Flores (from Jan) - 3 appearances
Max Clark (from Feb) - 0 appearances

Loans
Regan Slater (full season) - 26 appearances
Dan Crowley (from Jan) - 22 appearances
Gavin Whyte (from Jan) - 20 appearances
Hakeeb Adelukan (until Jan) - 14 appearances

As well as introducing Jacob Greaves into the side following a loan at Cheltenham the season before, he went on to make 39 appearances that season.

Certainly didn't just sit there and do nothing. He combined some excellent signings with what already existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom