Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed feelings about the return of Mapp. No doubt would give the club a lift, but he struggled at the start last time he was here. Having said that, if we were to go down with him in charge, I’d be very confident of coming straight back up at the first attempt with him.
Yes, that's a real factor. IF we do get relegated - whoever we go with - who would be best to get us back again &, in my mind that has to be MAPP. I actually think he is also the best bet for us to stay up. Please not Des - though he has done well, India is not the EFL.

I have to agree.,

.... would he even be in the conversation without having been here many moons ago?..

...and what would the reaction be if we appointed a stranger who'd only been an asst in Oz and a manager in that football hotbed of India?

Again, he may prove to be awesome, but can we afford to gamble?

If they'd been recruited by the City Footballing Group then I'd be excited. Des's Oxford past has no real bearing on how I'd feel about his appointment, his pedigree would though.

Get this man in. He would sort these players out! I’m certain he would get a tune out of Murphy.
View attachment 12336
I’d pay Murphy off, bad apple (no pun intended)!

I could imagine some players being pissed off watching that lazy good for nothing sat up in the stands playing with his phone with his hoodie up whilst they’re trying to do the best they can for this club on probably a 1/3rd of his salary.

Last edited:
I do hope the board recognise that they must notify and seek ratification from this forum when they have chosen a successor to Robinson. Only then will the deal be considered done and able to be made public. I’m waiting..
In a vainglorious attempt to be ITK, Eaststanding makes his bold move!!😂😂

Hope the board dont bring in some foreign guy who cant speak a word of english, mind you neither could KR
I
Boro were 22nd when Carrick took over, they’re now 3rd
He had a window I believe to adjust the squad.
I'm only thinking of Oxford, we cannot afford to take a chance, where we are at the moment, with someone who has no real experience in this country, and has been working in a much lower standard of football.

Whoever they appoint (short and/or long term), I hope that people will not immediately jump to dismiss them for this, that or the other reason. We all know that a manager who succeeds on one place will fail in another - and vice versa.

Although if their choice is Steve Evans, I reserve the right to delete this post and deny I ever said that.

Hope the board dont bring in some foreign guy who cant speak a word of english, mind you neither could KR
The board have a lot to answer for, and are still not off the hook for the shambolic way they’ve managed the last 12-18 months.

I personally don’t think they could have timed this decision any worse if they tried, but glad they saw sense eventually.

I’m still seething!

Last edited:
Whoever they appoint (short and/or long term), I hope that people will not immediately jump to dismiss them for this, that or the other reason. We all know that a manager who succeeds on one place will fail in another - and vice versa.

Although if their choice is Steve Evans, I reserve the right to delete this post and deny I ever said that.
Or Robbie Fowler

I’d pay M

I’d pay Murphy off, bad apple (no pun intended)
Murphy doesn’t deserve to be paid off, it’s a disgrace what’s happened with him as it is. He owes us big time, maybe a new manager can put some fire back in his belly, if not a couple of mutton vindaloos might do the trick.

We need a manager to inspire and drag performances and results from the thread bare squad, then be able to recruit properly and thoroughly for whichever league we are in next season, let’s hope it’s League One.

I‘m looking forward to a whole new approach and standard of player recruitment as part of the changes that now need to happen. An inspiring manager will hopefully be able to revitalise us in that area.

I’d pay M

I’d pay Murphy off, bad apple (no pun intended)!

I could imagine some players being pissed off watching that lazy good for nothing sat up in the stands playing with his phone with his hoodie up whilst they’re trying to do the best they can for this club on probably a 1/3rd of his salary.

Would probably cost as much to pay off as Robinson.
By the way, a murphy is a potato, not an apple.

Whoever voted for him must have done it as a joke…. Or should be banned from this forum forever. 😂🤣
Sol Campbell? Five of us have! Damn, given myself away there.

In all seriousness the fellow has been exceptionally unlucky in the two managerial posts he has had. I think he'd surprise people in a pleasant manner if given a chance at a stable club.

Sol Campbell? Five of us have! Damn, given myself away there.

In all seriousness the fellow has been exceptionally unlucky in the two managerial posts he has had. I think he'd surprise people in a pleasant manner if given a chance at a stable club.

Would you have him as Sunderland manager if your managerial position was available.. hmm

No it wasn't. That's just revisionism. We were right in the mix and that team had a good chance at automatic promotion. To say we were handed it is just plain false.
I'm afraid we never,will know what the outcome of that season would of been , in normal circumstances. We were definitely flying, our next match was ironically ,going to be Wycombe. A loss there could of put a spanner in the works, & derailed us . Wycombe gaining promotion, for not even being in a playoff place. In my opinion is false

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom