Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Kliuvert ex AC MILAN connection
Yup; I’d say (and have said) the new man and his backroom team will be a well-known figure from abroad, with connections to our board. There is more ambition present than looking at the limited success of lower-division managers of the “would be an interesting name to throw in there” type.

The change wasn’t expected to happen soon because the expectation was that Robinson would stumble his way through to the end of the season without a relegation threat. The last half dozen games has seen this change, and plans may well have to be brought forward.

However, I’d guess we’ve got a temporary manager in place till May.

The biggest issue is balancing the short term staving off relegation with getting into the Championship ASAP for a new stadium.
Can we hire someone who’ll play ugly/boring football that can get us at 14 points from our 12 remaining games and then replace them with a project manager for the next season?
Or is there someone out there who can achieve both?

Anthony Barry is an interesting one. Highly rated young coach, would be his first managerial job.

Graham Alexander at 20/1 feels quite generous.

Would not be surprised to see someone like him show up, at least on an interim basis until May.
Granted they haven’t got a clue at the moment as there’s about 15 managers at 25/1 but yeah, he would be an interesting one. Think we need someone to tide us over till the summer and go from there. I think we will wait until after Lincoln & decide what to do from there as if we managed to pick up 3 points & win 1 of the 2 after that I can see them halting the search till the summer or at least when we are safe. Which we are not by any stretch of the imagination at the moment. Nice to have this to talk about rather than Robinson stinking up the place though. Feels like a weight lifted off the shoulders of the whole club if I’m honest. Fanbase,owners & players.

Anthony Barry is an interesting one. Highly rated young coach, would be his first managerial job.
I like the idea of him in charge very unlikely though he was appointed Assistant manager of the Portuguese men’s team just under 3 weeks ago.

He'll apply and accuse Oxford United of being racist when he doesn't get the job again.
He’s exactly the type of person I don’t want as our manager, because he would run if the chance of a bigger club became available. He’s got zero loyalty & is just a big no from me.

I may be wrong but I think Sutton have a seriously direct style of play?
I think they've refined their style a bit since getting into the EFL and having to rip their 3g pitch up. I'm not sure they were particularly long ball anyway.

Granted they haven’t got a clue at the moment as there’s about 15 managers at 25/1 but yeah, he would be an interesting one. Think we need someone to tide us over till the summer and go from there. I think we will wait until after Lincoln & decide what to do from there as if we managed to pick up 3 points & win 1 of the 2 after that I can see them halting the search till the summer or at least when we are safe. Which we are not by any stretch of the imagination at the moment. Nice to have this to talk about rather than Robinson stinking up the place though. Feels like a weight lifted off the shoulders of the whole club if I’m honest. Fanbase,owners & players.
The issues comes if we don’t win the next few games and we are bang in trouble, we don’t want to then have a panic appointment. Do thinks right now and appoint as soon as possible.

I’d say it would be applications/sound out managers this week, interviews the following week, 2nd interviews the week after, appoint a new manager the following week so a 3/4 week process.
That would be another 4 games down the swanny before someone even starts to implement new ideas. That's another 3 or 4 games before that translates on to the pitch. We've only got 12. Sacking Karl had to happen regardless, but they'll need to move quicker than that if they hope to get out of this with more than just a feel-good factor. I think some rumours will start to pop up by the end of this week.

Any thoughts on Neil Lennon, getting the gang back together?
Garry Parker was involved in with the club recently,

The issues comes if we don’t win the next few games and we are bang in trouble, we don’t want to then have a panic appointment. Do thinks right now and appoint as soon as possible.
I know what you are saying & would prefer that too but I reckon the process is going to take a couple of weeks at least, so they have time to see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom