Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have changed my mind numerous times already since Sunday!

Richardson for the job he did with Wigan was my initial first choice.
I loved Appleton and would never be upset on him returning.
We’ve had no plans to recruit a DOF, so the likes of Buckingham or anyone in their first managerial role would be a risk.

A lazy appointment like Fowler or someone who Tiger knows from Reading like Murty would be very different approach to when Tiger eventually appointmented his second choice, Robinson, last time!
Who was first choice last time ?

Out of interest, why is there so much animosity towards Fowler ? I don’t know whether he’s a capable coach or not so cant really say what he’s like. But to say stuff like ‘F*ck off Fowler‘ just seems a bit weird - on what basis does he deserve that ? I’m aware he’s a mate of Robinson but how immature, childish and small time would that be to discount someone on the basis he’s friends with the ex manager, proper playground stuff.

Who gives a s**t whether he's mates with Robinson, it’s so pathetic.
Have a look at his coaching and managerial record.

Consider all his other business interests and time needed for those.

Consider the underhand way he’s been in the background doing some coaching apparently but never been officially explained or actually admitted

Think about how little impact that’s had in the last 4-5 months as we’ve been In serious decline

The friendship with Robbo is just another stick to add in to the equation.

Above all he’s achieved nothing in any way as a coach or manager.

For me it’s not a personal dislike to him as a person, but the fact we can and must do better and need a totally clean break from those involved in the disastrous last 12 months plus.

Consider the underhand way he’s been in the background doing some coaching apparently but never been officially explained or actually admitted

Think about how little impact that’s had in the last 4-5 months as we’ve been In serious decline

For me it’s not a personal dislike to him as a person, but the fact we can and must do better and need a totally clean break from those involved in the disastrous last 12 months plus.
Totally agree

Some years ago I had some very reliable information about who a manager was likely to be appointed at this level. Tried putting a tenner on and it was declined, did a fiver instead and the odds immediately changed from 25/1 to 16/1. That's based off five quid and it was someone who wasn't mentioned at all in any media previously.

Fowler being odds on means next to nothing, the odds change on very little money staked and as soon as there's any sort of media mentioning a name people will stick a little on and they'll shrink again. No need to panic just yet and I expect we'll have plenty more changes in favourite before someone is appointed.

Last edited:
Some years ago I had some very reliable information about who a manager was likely to be at this level. Tried putting a tenner on and it was declined, did a fiver instead and the odds immediately changed from 25/1 to 16/1. That's based off five quid and it was someone who wasn't mentioned at all in any media previously.

Fowler being odds on means next to nothing, the odds change on very little money staked and as soon as there's any sort of media mentioning a name people will stick a little on and they'll shrink again. No need to panic just yet and I expect we'll have plenty more changes in favourite before someone is appointed.
So if you were Robbie Fowler you could put 100 quid on and raise your profile quite a bit.

There’s some valid reasons among that lot but I just find the fact people are judging him on a friendship with a former manager as ridiculous. It’s like teenage girls…. ‘you can’t be friends with her because shes friends with him’ …. Really ?

I thought Robinson openly said he was going to help out from time to time, does that real,y need much more explanation? From the club, Robinson or Fowler himself. As for his impact,is it measurable? The same people criticising our finishing are the same people that on another day, in another thread, will say our strikers aren’t getting the service !

As for his business interest theres a whole host of top managers with their finger in other pies away from football. No story here, he will have a team taking care of that.

im not for a minute saying I’d want him as manager but I’d trust the process if hes one that we ultimately might look at.

There’s some valid reasons among that lot but I just find the fact people are judging him on a friendship with a former manager as ridiculous. It’s like teenage girls…. ‘you can’t be friends with her because shes friends with him’ …. Really ?

I thought Robinson openly said he was going to help out from time to time, does that real,y need much more explanation? From the club, Robinson or Fowler himself. As for his impact,is it measurable? The same people criticising our finishing are the same people that on another day, in another thread, will say our strikers aren’t getting the service !

As for his business interest theres a whole host of top managers with their finger in other pies away from football. No story here, he will have a team taking care of that.

im not for a minute saying I’d want him as manager but I’d trust the process if hes one that we ultimately might look at.
He’s got his own academy, I wouldn’t want the manager we have to have his eyes on anything else than our football club after what’s happened with KR these last 12 months. We need someone who’s only focus is this football club, not someone who has his fingers in other pies

Cheltenham and MK currently losing is good news for us (and whoever takes over). Fingers crossed neither of them gets anything tonight.
How we are above these sides considering how poor we’ve been this season shows how ridiculously weak this division is this season. Last season I reckon we would have been adrift at the bottom with our results.

He’s got his own academy, I wouldn’t want the manager we have to have his eyes on anything else than our football club after what’s happened with KR these last 12 months. We need someone who’s only focus is this football club, not someone who has his fingers in other pies
Surely a conflict of interest. How can a professional manager also own a private academy?!

How we are above these sides considering how poor we’ve been this season shows how ridiculously weak this division is this season. Last season I reckon we would have been adrift at the bottom with our results.

I don't know - last season the bottom six were historically bad.
Fleetwood stayed up with 40 points, which was by far the lowest total anyone had ever stayed up with before, since they went to three points for a win!

Surely a conflict of interest. How can a professional manager also own a private academy?!
Could be seen as the other side of the coin. We get first pick of players from his academy but I just don’t think we should be taking a manager who hasn’t had any success in any managerial job he’s been in.

I don't know - last season the bottom six were historically bad.
Fleetwood stayed up with 40 points, which was by far the lowest total anyone had ever stayed up with before, since they went to three points for a win!
True, I felt as though the league was more competitive last season. Having seen us against nearly every side this season, I just feel like last season it was a harder league but down to perception I suppose

True, I felt as though the league was more competitive last season. Having seen us against nearly every side this season, I just feel like last season it was a harder league but down to perception I suppose

I suppose your perception is skewed by the fact that you have seen at least s**t team in every game this season, unfortunately that team has been us.

Could be seen as the other side of the coin. We get first pick of players from his academy but I just don’t think we should be taking a manager who hasn’t had any success in any managerial job he’s been in.
True, but what if he fast tracks 8 or 9 of them into the first team for some financial reason and we get tonked 6-0 at Accrington?

Not saying for a second that that would necessarily happen but it needs to be considered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom