Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a troubleshooter to come in and have a new manager effect just to get the points to keep us up. I think Warburton or Wilder with Alan Knill, would be more likely to achieve that.
Gareth Ainsworth would have applied if the job had been available a month or so back but that ship has sailed now.
We can't dither though. I fear leaving the existing coaches in charge will just lead to more of the same.

I think it could well be a foreign manager, someone we‘ve not heard of before. Likely from Italy or the Far East, with previous connections to the Board of Directors.

* Edit
“Head Coach” 😆

Graham Potter might be available. Looks like Spurs will thump them today. Chelsea fans leaving in droves

The more I think about it the more I want a short term fire fighter and then a complete rebuild come the summer, be interesting to see which way the club go.

Surprised to see Richardson such a popular option, a fair chunk of our fanbase would turn on him very quickly due to the style of play, or lack of it.
Not really. He's no Ainsworth. Wigan played some nice football but he built a big physical side that could win dirty or direct if need be. A bit like the current Sheffield Wednesday side. It's what you need to get promoted. I'm happy to sacrifice trying to play football in games which don't suit. A top side can do both and we've never been able to.

If it’s Robbie fowler I’ll slap whoever hires him myself 😂
If they go through their “thorough and extensive” recruitment process and end up with Robbie Fowler then we’re in serious trouble and the people making the calls will be the next to be hounded out.

Not really. He's no Ainsworth. Wigan played some nice football but he built a big physical side that could win dirty or direct if need be. A bit like the current Sheffield Wednesday side. It's what you need to get promoted. I'm happy to sacrifice trying to play football in games which don't suit. A top side can do both and we've never been able to.

Hmmm, I disagree. Plenty of Wigan fans weren’t that happy with him even in the title winning season, and were very quick to turn when the results did due to being bored at games.

I don’t see many similarities in their style of play with Sheff Wed, who play through the lines with the most technically gifted player in L1 dictating play in midfield. That Wigan side basically by-passed the middle third, played with a deep defensive line and relied on the direct running of their wide players.

I’m not against Richardson but, as I say, our fanbase is one that demands a certain way of playing and there will be many who will take one look at Richardson’s kick and run and say no thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom