Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will support Liam Manning 100% just hope he cuts out the playing out from the back all throughout the game as we proved with Sykes goal at MK last season and Fleetwood this season.

I’m a tad no totally pissednof with the lack of professionalism from the club. We’ve had the Oxford mail and Radox and the fans on here all
Taking about the incoming of Liam Manning where as the club have not said a Dickie bird……maybe Tim and Grant are laughing knowing it’s Robbie Fowler they’ve chosen😉

Dickie Bird. I think you have got your sport mixed up.

Anyone can talk about what is expected to happen, but the club should only ever announce it when it's a done deal.

People talk about the professionalism of the club, but that's exactly what they are doing by ensuring everything is done and dusted behind the scenes rather than pandering to the unrealistic demands for 24hr news on an Internet forum or to meet the broadcasting times of the local radio station.
So it turns out to be Robbie Fowler 😁😁😁 I would have thought with all the press and media and on here it’s Manning so the paperwork not tied up but it’s imminent apparent.
Why do you suddenly take over from me and be negative.
As I said in another post if it’s announced on the pitch just before kick off and we get battered by Derby Manning will feel very embarrassed especially with the chants from the Derby fans.
Why don’t you stop trying to find faults in people and concentrated on what is ( allegedly ) happening at this present time.

Last edited:
That’s not a problem at all for me. Karl Robinson’s style of play was not what we saw this season. That was never his weakness until this season where he completely disengaged from his principles.

I have absolutely no concerns over the style of play with Manning. Frankly, I’m beside myself with excitement as he plays the game exactly the way I like to watch it. His MK team kept the ball so you couldn’t score and drained you of energy and confidence. I love that type of philosophy. Very Man City-like.

But that style is not coming out in the next 10 games, at least not completely. We don’t have the time or the confidence to do so. He will need to be a different type of manager short term and show he can play another way. I’m very, very nervous of that.

The short-term positive with Manning - unlike KR (and apparently Short as well), he's not allergic to 3-5-2. In fact his great MKD team last season played it all year.

It's what fits our current basket-case squad best, and leads to the fewest number of square pegs in round holes.

Now I think we're likely going to have to play Joseph & Wildschut as the front two, and ping it forward for them to fight for more often than he'd like (because asking our current defenders, at their current level of confidence, to pass the ball around like they're Man City is asking for trouble) but at least we'll hopefully have a formation that suits the personnel.

The short-term positive with Manning - unlike KR (and apparently Short as well), he's not allergic to 3-5-2. In fact his great MKD team last season played it all year.

It's what fits our current basket-case squad best, and leads to the fewest number of square pegs in round holes.

Now I think we're likely going to have to play Joseph & Wildschut as the front two, and ping it forward for them to fight for more often than he'd like (because asking our current defenders, at their current level of confidence, to pass the ball around like they're Man City is asking for trouble) but at least we'll hopefully have a formation that suits the personnel.
Maybe Smith and Wildschut

Stunned that we are going into the weekend without a confirmed manager. But not surprised.

Hopefully done tomorrow morning and he can travel to the game.

For any manager to have success here we need to fix the mechanisms of actually getting s**t done.

Maybe Smith and Wildschut

I went with Joseph because he's more of a physical presence.

Honestly, I still think Joseph has almost all the skills you need to be a top League One forward (decent pace, size, directness, boundless energy and good movement). He just unfortunately couldn't trap a bag of cement. But if you're going to lump it forward down the channels for him to challenge for or chase, that's not so much of a problem.

So it turns out to be Robbie Fowler 😁😁😁 I would have thought with all the press and media and on here it’s Manning so the paperwork not tied up but it’s imminent apparent.
Why do you suddenly take over from me and be negative.
As I said in another post if it’s announced in the pitch just before kick off and we get battered by Derby Manning will feel very embarrassed especially with the chants from the Derby fans.
Why don’t you stop trying to push faults in people and concentrated on what is ( allegedly ) happening at this present time.
Absolutley. If they are waiting until every i is dotted, why at this point have they allowed leaks to come out, when its been radio silence all the way

I went with Joseph because he's more of a physical presence.

Honestly, I still think Joseph has almost all the skills you need to be a top League One forward (decent pace, size, directness, boundless energy and good movement). He just unfortunately couldn't trap a bag of cement. But if you're going to lump it forward down the channels for him to challenge for or chase, that's not so much of a problem.
Well if he short stars with that line up tomorrow then fair enough but if Joseph as he has been in the last few games poor then he shirt will have to bring in Smith.

That’s not a problem at all for me. Karl Robinson’s style of play was not what we saw this season. That was never his weakness until this season where he completely disengaged from his principles.

I have absolutely no concerns over the style of play with Manning. Frankly, I’m beside myself with excitement as he plays the game exactly the way I like to watch it. His MK team kept the ball so you couldn’t score and drained you of energy and confidence. I love that type of philosophy. Very Man City-like.

But that style is not coming out in the next 10 games, at least not completely. We don’t have the time or the confidence to do so. He will need to be a different type of manager short term and show he can play another way. I’m very, very nervous of that.

If we are going to be Man City like wake me up when the ball eventually gets to the opposition penalty area. Cannot stand watching City or any team Pep has his hands on. Far too many passes sideways, far too slow and as boring as hell. Would rather watch Arsenal, United, Liverpool or Madrid for entertainment. Can’t deny the City way is very effective though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom