How to complete the season

Now fatty Evans wants unweighted PPG as the Gills would leap frog Ipswich. This is now becoming a joke if 6 players today tested positive and apparently that is 748 players so how many out of the 3 leagues of the EFL may have it.

Six now how many after the next tests? Selfish bastards do the right thing and call a halt to the season.

A total of 748 players and staff from 19 clubs were tested it says. So if 3 clubs are "hotspots" they could argue they will lose too many players and/or their opponents could say stuff that we aren`t playing them.
More results due later in the week could finish off "Project Restart".

From what I've heard, the tests were conducted before any players had contact with each other, so the chances of anything 'spreading' is very low. 3 clubs from 19 have found a total of 6 positive tests. That means 16 clubs have 0 positive results and 1 club is tbd. That's a pretty solid result.

If some teams think it's 'unfair', then surely in the future we should pause the season when certain clubs have an injury crisis. Because they've lost too many players it'd be unfair for other clubs to play games they're ready for.

Ive worked during all of this. The difference is we can socially distance. Footballers can not socially distance during a match. That’s why it is a stupid idea for matches to return.

Not every other job will be able to social distance/avoid potential transfer of the virus*

*Handling of files/door handles etc, as that is the case of a friend who has carried on working but they all have to handle the same things so even with washing things, with the best will in the world, it isn't going to be 100% in most workplaces.

Not every other job will be able to social distance/avoid potential transfer of the virus*

*Handling of files/door handles etc, as that is the case of a friend who has carried on working but they all have to handle the same things so even with washing things, with the best will in the world, it isn't going to be 100% in most workplaces.

Exactly, too many people get stuck on the 'two metres' business. Social distancing is also about limiting social contact (i.e. staying at home) as much as it is about staying two metres apart from each other, washing hands etc. Staying two metres apart from everyone at all times won't make you magically immune from the virus.

I’m a postman so know all too well about the inability to be completely safe but think of a corner situation and players man handling each other, breathing within cm’s to another player. It is just plain stupid for football to go back yet IMO.

I’m a postman so know all too well about the inability to be completely safe but think of a corner situation and players man handling each other, breathing within cm’s to another player. It is just plain stupid for football to go back yet IMO.

But they have been tested haven’t they?

It’s hard to see football (or any live entertainment) ever coming back without any risk, at least not for a very long time, so footballers will have to take some risks that a lot of us do every day to do their jobs, or not have those jobs.

But they have been tested haven’t they?

It’s hard to see football (or any live entertainment) ever coming back without any risk, at least not for a very long time, so footballers will have to take some risks that a lot of us do every day to do their jobs, or not have those jobs.

The problem is we do jobs that we have to but what about all the pub owners or hair dressers that can’t open? If you let football go back then surely Deadrie can cut hair for 11 people? Pubs could reopen with social distancing’ measure in place surely?

From what I've heard, the tests were conducted before any players had contact with each other, so the chances of anything 'spreading' is very low. 3 clubs from 19 have found a total of 6 positive tests. That means 16 clubs have 0 positive results and 1 club is tbd. That's a pretty solid result.

If some teams think it's 'unfair', then surely in the future we should pause the season when certain clubs have an injury crisis. Because they've lost too many players it'd be unfair for other clubs to play games they're ready for.
But 19 teams whereas there 71 in the EFL a lot more players I get a few of them test positive. Save lives and cancel the season. Life is more important

The problem is we do jobs that we have to but what about all the pub owners or hair dressers that can’t open? If you let football go back then surely Deadrie can cut hair for 11 people? Pubs could reopen with social distancing’ measure in place surely?

That’s the plan isn’t it? We are going to re open slowly, pubs will be open for limited numbers, I have already seen a hairdresser advertise that they are Covid compliant certified so that must be coming and given by the almost daily increase in road traffic a lot are back doing whatever they do. Bundesliga is back on, some UFC fights were on in the US (you really can’t social distance in that sport) so I don’t see why football in this country is such an exception.

It’s probably better they start with a smaller amount of games, premier league and play offs than we go into it full blown in a few months.

That’s the plan isn’t it? We are going to re open slowly, pubs will be open for limited numbers, I have already seen a hairdresser advertise that they are Covid compliant certified so that must be coming and given by the almost daily increase in road traffic a lot are back doing whatever they do. Bundesliga is back on, some UFC fights were on in the US (you really can’t social distance in that sport) so I don’t see why football in this country is such an exception.

It’s probably better they start with a smaller amount of games, premier league and play offs than we go into it full blown in a few months.

The issue is that other countries such as Germany have handled this virus a lot better than we have. Today’s daily press meeting was a farce and shows this country has a long way to go before we get back to normal.
It is also worth remembering that while the government have EASED the lockdown, we are still IN lockdown. I think that point has been massively missed which obviously wasn’t helped by the media.

Another thing is what happens now teams have returned and there is a positive test, the whole team will have to go into isolation for 7 days. That alone could mean fixtures are postponed. The 6 positive tests were from players/staff before the teams returned to training today.

and there is a positive test, the whole team will have to go into isolation for 7 days.
Surely they won't? If you test negative on a certain day, you don't have the virus do you? If your team mate tests positive, only he isolates...

Surely they won't? If you test negative on a certain day, you don't have the virus do you? If your team mate tests positive, only he isolates...
But you have to take into account the time it takes for the test results to come back player A test positive and Player B tests negative but in the 2 days for the results to come back player
A and B have trained together since the tests so player B would have to be tested again to see if player B has caught it of player A in the 2 days since the original tests were carried out.

But you have to take into account the time it takes for the test results to come back player A test positive and Player B tests negative but in the 2 days for the results to come back player
A and B have trained together since the tests so player B would have to be tested again to see if player B has caught it of player A in the 2 days since the original tests were carried out.
I don't think the rich use the same tests and timescales as the rest of us. I think this may have been thought of already (hopefully somebody will know if that's the case)

But 19 teams whereas there 71 in the EFL a lot more players I get a few of them test positive. Save lives and cancel the season. Life is more important

But the plan isn't to restart the whole EFL is it? League Two won't be restarting. Your argument seems to be 'what if loads of players test positive' whilst the evidence today shows that for the Premier League at least, it hasn't been a major stumbling block.

The Premier League is testing every single first team player and the support staff. If every single positive result from before players returned to training leads to self-isolation, then you'll have a pool of players and staff from every club that don't have the illness, meaning that it would be impossible to catch it from another player or staff member. If a player was to catch it, it would more likely be from doing something like a food shop (in which everyone in the vicinity has not be tested) than playing football in what is now a massively tested work sector.

Back
Top Bottom