How to complete the season

Well it seems the plan is to keep kicking the can down the road until all other options become untenable, that way no-one has to be responsible for making an actual decision. I can't say I'm thrilled that OUFC are part of MacAnthony's gang of six, he is a bit of a tosser.
Is that the best you can come up with?

L2 are meeting tomorrow, what happens if they agree a way to finish? Surely if play is not resumed, the same finishing method has to be applied in L1 and L2?!

L2 are meeting tomorrow, what happens if they agree a way to finish? Surely if play is not resumed, the same finishing method has to be applied in L1 and L2?!
It should be across the board all 4 leagues but the greed that is in the game now is unprecedented. The EPL want to finish the season but at Neutral grounds.....what about the championship & L1/2 do we play at neutral grounds?

The fact that we are on their and not high Wycombe would suggest that the FL was leaning towards PPG not weighted PPG?

It's obviously a low-level admin error.

Someone took a look at the list, knew of the context, and noticed Wycombe were included and Ipswich weren't.

Without looking at the table they obviously thought 'nah, that's too stupid to possibly be true, I'll quietly correct it...'

The difference between L1 and L2 (I think) is that weighted PPG made no difference to the categories of position in L2.
So those in the autos/playoffs/relegation spots remain the same, their might be a couple of teams who swap a place but it doesn't change the outcome dramatically. I believe it does mean Swindon would be champions though :/

Whereas in L1, weighted PPG and the play-offs being played as normal would see Pompey lose out on the playoffs all together with Wycombe replacing them.
We'd play Wycombe in a 2 legged play-off semi-final if the final table is calculated by weighted PPG and then play-offs played.

The difference between L1 and L2 (I think) is that weighted PPG made no difference to the categories of position in L2.
So those in the autos/playoffs/relegation spots remain the same, their might be a couple of teams who swap a place but it doesn't change the outcome dramatically. I believe it does mean Swindon would be champions though :/

Whereas in L1, weighted PPG and the play-offs being played as normal would see Pompey lose out on the playoffs all together with Wycombe replacing them.
We'd play Wycombe in a 2 legged play-off semi-final if the final table is calculated by weighted PPG and then play-offs played.

Cant see a weighted PPG in L1 if L2 didn’t do it.

Cant see a weighted PPG in L1 if L2 didn’t do it.

It hasn't been officially announced which method of PPG they're going to be using. The first journos to break the story were saying weighted PPG, the early articles are saying "a method of ppg calculation will be used" but not which method.

It hasn't been officially announced which method of PPG they're going to be using. The first journos to break the story were saying weighted PPG, the early articles are saying "a method of ppg calculation will be used" but not which method.

Ah fair enough.

Let’s wait and see then ?

This is starting to get a bit silly now. The EFL as an organisation have no clue. You can't have league 2 making a decision, and then not be consistent across the other 2 divisions under their control, the same decision has to be reached for Champ and L1. This is an EFL competition, and the EFL board should decide and not the member clubs. But is the EFL capable of making any sort of decision let alone one as crucial as this. Maybe the best thing for the future of professional football in England and Wales is for all EFL member clubs to extract themselves away from the EFL and start a new organisation to run the game that actually resembles something that is organised and knows what it is doing. Bit like the Premier League did 30 years ago when they didn't like how the EFL at the time was running the game (or should that be ruining).

Sounds like this is an indicative vote rather than a 100% finalised outcome. EFL and The FA would have to ratify it and I guess the EFL aren't going to do that until L1 has come to an agreement!

BBC Sports reports
"League Two's season has been brought to an early conclusion following discussions between clubs and the English Football League.
The final table will be decided using a points-per-game method, but promotion and relegation has yet to be finalised."

Ian Abrahams, the broadcaster is suggesting that 20 of the 24 clubs said there should be NO relegation.

L1 clubs to discuss again on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom