How to complete the season

Right ... so that applies to your job as well, does it?
Yes. There's only one thing that's certain whilst you're alive, that's uncertainly. Also, what they're doing is not a proper job, it's a dream they had of doing when they were kids, they weren't thinking of money when they were kids.

? Can't make head or tail of that!!
If i had a choice of playing for the South Sydney Rabbitohs for £100,000 A YEAR for 10 years, or for PSG at £250,000 A WEEK for 10 years, or any other soccer team for mega mega money, I'd say playing for the Rabbitohs within 2 seconds.

The biggest practical problem Is that all players and support staff necessary to put on behind closed doors matches will need to be tested. I believe there will be significant public disquiet about this unless the 100,000 tests a day target is being consistently hit.

From a morale perspective pro football needs to start again
soon though. It would be an excellent distraction from this enervating grimness.

The likely upshot of the crisis is that lower league players will be paid much less money in the medium term ; captain obvious here but at OUFC level bums on seats Is the main revenue generator and if there are no bums on seats there ain’t no revenue.

The biggest practical problem Is that all players and support staff necessary to put on behind closed doors matches will need to be tested. I believe there will be significant public disquiet about this unless the 100,000 tests a day target is being consistently hit.

From a morale perspective pro football needs to start again
soon thou
gh. It would be an excellent distraction from this enervating grimness.

The likely upshot of the crisis is that lower league players will be paid much less money in the medium term ; captain obvious here but at OUFC level bums on seats Is the main revenue generator and if there are no bums on seats there ain’t no revenue.
Needs to? No it doesn't, not for me, I'd prefer the rugby season to re-start before football, you want it to start I'm not bothered. The local RU team i go and watch, well their season was called off a few weeks ago, season null and void.

Needs to? No it doesn't, not for me, I'd prefer the rugby season to re-start before football, you want it to start I'm not bothered. The local RU team i go and watch, well their season was called off a few weeks ago, season null and void.
Why are are you on here getting hot and bothered about L1 football if you'd rather be watching RU?

If i had a choice of playing for the South Sydney Rabbitohs for £100,000 A YEAR for 10 years, or for PSG at £250,000 A WEEK for 10 years, or any other soccer team for mega mega money, I'd say playing for the Rabbitohs within 2 seconds.
Well that is presumably because you are a fan of the Rabbitohs (who?) rather than a professional footballer. It's not just the money, either. It's the chance to win trophies, to play in a team with equally excellent players, to play and pit your wits and skills AGAINST good players. I don't know what you do for a job, but I presume that at some time during your career, you have moved to new job as you gained experience and skills - and earned more money at the same time?

Why are are you on here getting hot and bothered about L1 football if you'd rather be watching RU?
I watch socer, and have done since 1982, it's the only contact sport i played as an adult, health issues stopped me from playing rugby at the age of 18.

On the BBC website there was a poll, i voted that the season should be finished no matter how long it takes. I still think that's what should happen, though that's not what will make the most money for the game, I would assume.

I watch socer, and have done since 1982, it's the only contact sport i played as an adult, health issues stopped me from playing rugby at the age of 18.

But why this forum? You just seem negative about football in general. I suspect a troll with nothing better to do with that signature as well.

But why this forum? You just seem negative about football in general. I suspect a troll with nothing better to do with that signature as well.
Every sport IMO is silly, some are stupid and some are very stupid. Rugby IMO is silly, football is stupid and Aussie Rules is very stupid, just my opinion obviously. I'm just asnswering questions being aimed at me, I'm on here as I have a soft spot for Oxford United, due to Dean Saunders, John Aldridge, Jeremy Charles, Ray Houghton, Alan Judge and Maurice Evans. It started on League Cup Final day in...

Every sport IMO is silly, some are stupid and some are very stupid. Rugby IMO is silly, football is stupid and Aussie Rules is very stupid, just my opinion obviously. I'm just asnswering questions being aimed at me, I'm on here as I have a soft spot for Oxford United, due to Dean Saunders, John Aldridge, Jeremy Charles, Ray Houghton, Alan Judge and Maurice Evans. It started on League Cup Final day in...
Are you actually a professor at the University of Swindon writing a thesis on sport?

Needs to? No it doesn't, not for me, I'd prefer the rugby season to re-start before football, you want it to start I'm not bothered.
Very odd. I'd suggest that for the vast majority of those who watch sport in this country (either live or broadcast) football would be a significant plus when it restarts. Certainly more than rugby would be.
Although, you don't like 'soccer' and Mrs ZtH wouldn't be 'bothered' if all sport was cancelled permanently - so nothing is true for everyone.

Very, very easy to say when it isn't realistic. I'm sure Wayne Rooney would have said the same about playing for Everton at 16, indeed he is famously quoted as saying 'Once a blue, always a blue' yet off to Man U he went for more money, fame and to win trophies, all of which he succeeded in.

Very, very easy to say when it isn't realistic. I'm sure Wayne Rooney would have said the same about playing for Everton at 16, indeed he is famously quoted as saying 'Once a blue, always a blue' yet off to Man U he went for more money, fame and to win trophies, all of which he succeeded in.
Yeah, you grow up wanting to play in Champions League Finals and World Cup Finals, and obviously to win them preferably, Rooney left Everton to win medals not to make money, I would have left the Rabbitohs if I was sure they never had a chance of winning the NRL Premiership. Would Rooney have gone to Rochdale for twice the wage Man Utd were offering? No, he would not have.

Yeah, you grow up wanting to play in Champions League Finals and World Cup Finals, and obviously to win them preferably, Rooney left Everton to win medals not to make money, I would have left the Rabbitohs if I was sure they never had a chance of winning the NRL Premiership. Would Rooney have gone to Rochdale for twice the wage Man Utd were offering? No, he would not have.
Would he have signed for Man Utd on minimum wage? He'd have won all his medals still. No he wouldn't. Would he have left Everton for less money and signed for Man Utd? No, he wouldn't. Would he have left for the same money? Doubtful.

Would he have signed for Man Utd on minimum wage? He'd have won all his medals still. No he wouldn't. Would he have left Everton for less money and signed for Man Utd? No, he wouldn't. Would he have left for the same money? Doubtful.
I'd like to think he would have signed for a big club for less money than he was on at Everton if it really came to that, but of course in reality he would not have been faced with that situation. Latrell Mitchell was offered $1 million a season for 5 years by the Wests Tigers in December, he came to the Rabbitohs for $600,000 for only a 1 YEAR contract. If he has a career ending injury this season.........?

Back
Top Bottom