How to complete the season

Prem - Playing.
Champ - Playing (?)
Lg1 - Play offs.
Lg2 - Finished.

Consistency....love it. :)

• React
Reactions: m
I saw on Facebook (so probably B*****s) that it is a straight vote on Friday between finishing the season or non weighted ppg for automatics, play offs and relegation. Which I assume means we end up in the play offs against Pompey and those games will be behind closed doors.

I wonder which way we will vote if they are the two options? We might be better off just going down the play off route. It looks like the weighted ppg ship has sailed, I think league 2 agreeing on standard ppg ended the debate, the FL won’t allow different models used for their divisions.

Apparently the vote isn't till next week now.......

I would guess Wycombe would vote for PPG im sure Fleetwood would too.

So will be interesting to see how you lot go and the rest of the league. im sure down the bottom end only Tranmere will want option B

I’ll tell you the same thing people told me two full months ago.

They’re trying their best! It isn’t an easy job! Leave them alone!

But who are the Football League, the administrators, or the clubs who are ultimately in charge?

I think you’re wrong, plenty will have their hand out wanting some sort of refund and I wouldn’t necessarily blame them. Personally I won’t look for any money back but why should, say, a parent with two kids give up a combined 15 matches as a donation to the club ? That’s some gift ! There must be enough money swooshing around in the top echelons of OUFC to bail us out of this mess rather than go cap in hand to the punter.
W
I think it would be 5 games to refund for ST holders not sure where you get 15!from

But who are the Football League, the administrators, or the clubs who are ultimately in charge?
Depends which answer suits the fat cats sitting around the boardroom on any given day. It’s them when there’s champagne to be had, it’s the clubs when there’s a pile of s**t on the floor that needs cleaning up.

Apart from the Championship, which will be allowed to do what it likes.
However the this season is finished it should be the same for all three divisions, and how L2 can say they won’t relegates is beyond belief.....maybe we should do the same then Plymouth, Crewe and the scum can jog on. They can’t moan we would only be doing what their league are doing.

Tranmere pushing to get Bolton off for no L1relegation :confused:

Great article..................... couldn`t he spell Oxford? Or didn`t we fit the "big" or "small" aspect?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well it looks like they are down to two options which are both good for us. Continue the season - we'll go up as champions. Finish the season and hold playoffs - we'll go up winning the playoffs. Either way it's Championship football next season! Squad is already set up pretty well to compete, we'll just need to sign John Aldridge, Billy Hamilton and Dave Langan to cover a few gaps and we'll be on our way to the Premier League.

Whilst the club would still want to carry on, whatever situation is agreed, we'd be ok. Whether it's weighted or unweighted PPG, we'd still have a strong chance in the play-offs. I still think weighted is the fairest way to go, even if that means the play-offs being a little bit harder for us.

At the end of the day all 3 leagues must adhere to the same ruling, If theres no relegation from L2 then theres none from L1 or the Championship either, Which means no promotion, Let the EFL and PL sort out the promotion and relegation spots between them. Though TBH the EFL board should just make a decision and say thats it if you dont like it , tough

It needs 12 votes to decide whether to go ppg then play offs or carry on the season, I really can’t see 12 teams voting to carry on given how far Bolton and Southend are adrift, with only one side left in the relegation spots to join with a couple of sides just out of the play offs it looks nailed on that we will be playing Pompey in the play offs.

It needs 12 votes to decide whether to go ppg then play offs or carry on the season, I really can’t see 12 teams voting to carry on given how far Bolton and Southend are adrift, with only one side left in the relegation spots to join with a couple of sides just out of the play offs it looks nailed on that we will be playing Pompey in the play offs.

I reckon it could fetch 12, the clubs that would be effected by PPG in terms of going down would vote for resuming if that's the only other option, and the teams just outside the playoffs, as well as those who've already said they want to continue, will vote for a restart. I don't see it coming out on top, but it wouldn't be far away from half.

Back
Top Bottom