Chris Maguire

What I can't understand is how they get around FFP?

What I can't understand is how they get around FFP?
No idea, peterbroughs chairman gave ffp as the reason he wouldn’t/couldn’t meet Moore’s wages. Probably not dissimilar in crowds and income to bury. The only thing I can think is they did sell a couple for big money in the summer.

OK. Shall we compromise. Lets say he's on 150K. He went on a free, we get him back on a free. With inflated prices in the Jan. window, together with the dross on offer, we save ourselves a transfer fee. The club just pay extra, according to the player's demands. At least we know what we are getting for the money. He cannot have changed much in 6 months!! Providing he has stayed fit of course. I am trying to make a case for this deal, but maybe I am swimming against the tide. IS there any wage structure in Div. 1 or is it every player for himself? Maybe Bury would like to get him off their books.

With all the back room culling going on I can’t see D.E paying big wages for a player who they didn’t really want at the end of last season. Just because we all want him back doesn’t mean the club do, anyway I’d rather pick the next maguire than go back for the last one. Ever evolving, that’s the beauty of football.

I did say at least double Dave. None of us really know for sure, but one thing I do know is that £6,000 per week is absolutely crazy money for Bury to be paying. No wonder they have to shake the buckets at about this time every year!

Well their nickname is The Shakers.?

would love the bloke back.Where in the team would he go though. Payne is better all round player then him,Mowatt and and GVK can both play In his position as well and upfront Thomas and Obika and getting results. Don't change a winning team unless you have to.

we are definitely missing his set pieces though. they were brilliant and if he is in the bury team he will get a brilliant reception in 2 weeks time along with Phil Edwards and Skarz.

would love the bloke back.Where in the team would he go though. Payne is better all round player then him,Mowatt and and GVK can both play In his position as well and upfront Thomas and Obika and getting results. Don't change a winning team unless you have to.

we are definitely missing his set pieces though. they were brilliant and if he is in the bury team he will get a brilliant reception in 2 weeks time along with Phil Edwards and Skarz.

He's a better player than Mowatt, and twice the player that GVK is.

GVK - agree, but I don't think you can judge Mowatt yet as he hasn't played in his proper position yet (CM)

He's a better player than Mowatt, and twice the player that GVK is.
I agree with you but we shouldn't be spending big wages on a showman like maguire (as much as I would want us too) we need the speed merchant who can cross the ball and get in the goals.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'd have Maguire over Mowatt.

Neither are that quick. Both have a good dead ball delivery (although I think Maguire's is better). But what Maguire has is that he's a big game player, and has a near 100% penalty record (one saved in his entire career).

Then there's the shithousery..................

Ok so current style and situation , and u can take one on loan till the summer with a view of making it permanent do u take

Chris maguire or Jordan graham .

As much as I love maguire I’d go graham every time

I agree with you but we shouldn't be spending big wages on a showman like maguire (as much as I would want us too) we need the speed merchant who can cross the ball and get in the goals.

I'd have said there's a chance to get him back, even on a half season loan, with a view to a permanent, without breaking the bank. Bury would probably be glad to get him off the wage bill. I suspect we could get him back on loan for the rest of the season, and pay half/two thirds of his wages, with Bury paying the rest?

He can certainly run the clock down, runs the ball down into the corner and there it stays.

Said so himself according to the Oxford Mail, even paid for his own air fare down.
People say a lot of things in order to avoid being seen in a bad light. He was offered a deal but wanted more money. Bury offered him a big pay rise (which I imagine they now regret) and he went there. Can’t blame him. Football careers are short. But OUFC didn’t let him go. He walked away. He’s a professional sportsman. Not an Oxford fan. If he wanted to come back. I like many would be pleased. But not sure his rather mercenary character fits the current set up. But would be good to see some of the control he can provide. Although I do assume he’s well off the pace and lacking sharpness if he can’t even get on the Bury bench.

• React
Reactions: MJB

Not sure I agree with that, Payne is light-wait and overrated in my opinion, he didn’t make one good pass yesterday, McGuire back please

With someone like Maguire, you can build a team around him. Could you play him and Payne in the same side?

Yesterday epitomised how much we would miss Payne if he does return to Huddersfield. The way he ran, the effort and if he lost the ball he was doing everything to get it back.

Back
Top Bottom