Chris Maguire

Just browsing Twitter and came across some Bury fans calling Maguire their worst ever signing and saying he's been told to keep away from the club for the last few weeks of the season

Crazy that, i'd still take him back without question

We have no one near Maguires football ability at present. A huge loss to us. So it has not worked out for him at Bury, so what. With what we have on offer at the moment he would walk into the team. Surely his form cannot have dipped so far in such a short time. Maybe its "horses for courses". A fans favourite whatever some may say on this forum.

A correction here. Change football ability to football nuance. He can adapt to the situation that presents itself. Walk the ball into the corner to run down the clock, dilly dally over a penalty take, wind up the opposition, and great free kick. I have missed him greatly, a pure entertainer.....and we have precious few of those at present.

In a recent interview, Ryan Lowe said something along the lines of there being something wrong at the club, he knew what it is and was going to do something about it. Certain players were letting standards drop and causing problems and he would get rid of them. Reading between the lines, if Maguire was the player he was alluding to, do we really want him back? And I say that as someone who liked him when he was here.

Based on what KR said during the phone in, Maguire would have to seriously drop his wage demands before we see him in a yellow shirt again. I’d still love to see him back again though.

I mean, the man scored with his a**e against the Scum, FFS!

Based on what KR said during the phone in, Maguire would have to seriously drop his wage demands before we see him in a yellow shirt again. I’d still love to see him back again though.

I mean, the man scored with his a**e against the Scum, FFS!

I took it as his age (and a perceived loss of a yard of pace) that KR wouldn’t countenance of move for him. You never know though.

Maguire is a big character and Appleton knew exactly how to manage him, I suspect that many other people don't know which buttons to press to get the best out of him.
Spot on Jack
To get the best out of Maguire you've got to keep his head straight.

Back
Top Bottom