Chris Maguire

Looking at the last half dozen posts I can I see salient points have been raised in all of them. However, I am getting to the point of desperation with the bland, repetitive, monotonous style of play being dished up every home game. I just want something happening to lift the fans and wind up the opposing fans. Mags did that. Maybe thats no justification for signing someone like Maguire but I certainly enjoyed my football better last season, and a lot of that was down to him.

Grit? Could be either.

Sorry. Late.

I heard a rumour that Chris Maguire was only just pipped at audition by Jeff Bridges for the part of Rooster Cogburn in the 2010 remake of “True Git”.

"As Colin B so eloquently put" should read "As Colin B put so eloquently". Do not end a sentence with a preposition. Otherwise a good post.

"As Colin B so eloquently put" should read "As Colin B put so eloquently". Do not end a sentence with a preposition. Otherwise a good post.

Just call me The Bard from now on, I'm so eloquent.

I was going to post this in the other thread, and it got closed just as I clicked send, so...

It'd be a lot of fun, and would cheer a lot of people up to have him around, but he's not the missing piece of the puzzle like some are suggesting.

Shoring up the defence (recruting some wing backs) will go a long way to solving our problems up front. We've been among the high scorers in the first part of the season, I imagine we'd play better in front of goal if we weren't having to come from behind, and if every chance didn't have so much resting on it.

Just call me The Bard from now on, I'm so eloquent.
Is that text speak for BastARD? :D only joking.......I think if MApp had stayed Maguire would have. We'll never know for sure but he always gave 100% and his personality was infectious on the pitch. If HE wanted to come back I wouldn't doubt his motives.

Hope he gets a good reception today
He was a good player for us but his celebration at the end of the game at the county ground was brilliant

Back
Top Bottom