Chris Wilder

No they won't.

The current rules are that you get three years parachute money after relegation. However, if you only manage a one year stay in the Premier League, then that is reduced to two years of parachute money, which is what Sheff Utd will get.
I stand corrected, Colin, but even 3 years doesn't make for a level playing field. Isn't it just a reward for failure?

Last edited:
I stand corrected, Colin, but even 3 years doesn't make for a level playing field. Isn't it just a reward for failure?
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm dead against the current structure of the parachute payments, as I think they wildly distort the playing field in The Championship.

There needs to be a better distribution method throughout football, as it's far too top heavy at the moment. If that could be arranged then the next step would be a better method of ensuring that clubs didn't overspend beyond what is financially sustainable.

Unfortunately greed rules, and those at the top are the greediest of all, so I can't see the kind of changes we need coming voluntarily. Maybe the football regulator will be the answer?

Back
Top Bottom