Chris Cadden

My new conspiracy theory is that Cadds was bought in purely to push Long to be a better RB and now the job is done so he's off.

In all seriousness, let's get in a RW/RM to play ahead of Long and do the bit that Cadds was good at (albeit, with not always great end product...) and bring in junior cover for Long at RB. Give one of our own a propper run.

Agree while I do like a rb or lb to get forward it leaves too much room for a counter attack to happen. Cadden going forward has cost a couple of goals this season. Let's get a proper right winger and left winger in the building.

I never quite did understand the conspiracy theories.....always seemed more likely to me that this deal was exactly what it said on the tin.

But good luck to Cadden - hope he goes on to have a good career. He's an exciting, if flawed player.

Hell, if he gets into the Columbus team, I may pop down to the Red Bulls or Union to watch him play this summer!

I never quite did understand the conspiracy theories.....always seemed more likely to me that this deal was exactly what it said on the tin.

But good luck to Cadden - hope he goes on to have a good career. He's an exciting, if flawed player.

Hell, if he gets into the Columbus team, I may pop down to the Red Bulls or Union to watch him play this summer!

From what I’ve read the MLS wages are much higher than L1 top wages.

We can’t afford to mess around with the right back position, Sam long does deserve a chance to push on however I feel now is not the right time as we are pushing for promotion especially if we lose Rob Dickie and Simon Eastwood, taking two quality players out of the back 4 at this stage of the season with Cadds gone would be too much to cope with if we don’t get a recognised, solid, attacking right back. Sam is good to cover positions and his time will come, I am just a bit nervous with him at present....

I agree with above to a certain extent. I feel there is a place in the team for Long, but only in certain games and against certain teams. At Fratton earlier this season he had a very good game. But if he is against a pacey winger he does tend to get caught up field if we lose the ball and he isn’t quick enough to get back. But if you want a defender to shut up shop to protect a lead, he then becomes very useful. Good squad player that’s in the match day squad on merit.

He's Columbus' lowest paid player on around $56,000 per year, which is about £42,000 per year after conversion. All MLS salaries are publicly available as standard.

That's astounding, why on earth has he taken that deal? Surely we or an equivalent L1 club would have paid him c£150k per year and he doesn't have to c*ck about going to the US. Was he on less than £40k at Motherwell?

There must be other payments or perks, surely?

I would imagine that his pay will increase significantly as a first team player for this coming season.

I would imagine that his pay will increase significantly as a first team player for this coming season.
Ah - that would make significantly more sense, is he guaranteed a first team squad place?

That's astounding, why on earth has he taken that deal? Surely we or an equivalent L1 club would have paid him c£150k per year and he doesn't have to c*ck about going to the US. Was he on less than £40k at Motherwell?

There must be other payments or perks, surely?
Perhaps there was a very tidy signing on fee paid in lieu of a fee being due to Motherwell?

Ah - that would make significantly more sense, is he guaranteed a first team squad place?
I'd guess that he'd be in the match day 18 if not starting. My guess is that he'd be on $100k+ which is comparable with what he'd be on with us.

I really struggle with the ' was it worth it' comments.
Cadden was generally excellent and contributed to the great football we have seen at times as well as to us being where we are in the league.
Were Baldock and Kenny not worth it?

Robinson said some days ago that this was a dead duck, had shuffled off this mortal coil and gone to join the choir invisible.

Back
Top Bottom