Chris Cadden

Record transfer fee on offer if accepted...
I can't see it being more that the Dean Windass 470k!! Surely nearer the 300k bid in the summer. Columbus Crew got him a free didn't they!! Good quick win for them. Anyone would think that it was all part of the original plan eh!!! :)

Did we ever pay that fee for windlass?! And if we did, it would have been nowhere near 470k!

Did we ever pay that fee for windlass?! And if we did, it would have been nowhere near 470k!
Correct I think we didn't pay for him until we received the Million from Bradford for him. Thinking about it, I even thought it might have been £480k.

It's right that we agreed to pay £470k for Windass but then needed to sell him to actually afford the payment.

I believe the fee being offered is around £350k with Colombus Crew wanting nearer £500k. I'm reasonably confident that a deal will be done but it will almost certainly be an undisclosed fee so we may not know the exact price.

It's right that we agreed to pay £470k for Windass but then needed to sell him to actually afford the payment.

I believe the fee being offered is around £350k with Colombus Crew wanting nearer £500k. I'm reasonably confident that a deal will be done but it will almost certainly be an undisclosed fee so we may not know the exact price.
At 300 to 400k, Chris Cadden would be an exceptional signing. He's the nearest I've seen to George Baldock who for me was the best right back I've seen for Oxford (Most handsome too @MJB). Sorry Dave Langan was before my time.

If he signs for an ‘undisclosed fee’ I will be utterly convinced that we have had Motherwell’s pants down the entire time.

I also won’t care one bit.
Indeed, for me it would show a that the board are really doing what they can to get the best possible deal on players for the club. Very good business all round.

If he signs for an ‘undisclosed fee’ I will be utterly convinced that we have had Motherwell’s pants down the entire time.

I also won’t care one bit.
I must admit, whilst it initially left a bad taste...I'm less bothered seeing as he and we have been awesome

I hadn't released Ian Wright had been in previously to help out. Also encouraging that Liverpool are getting a positive surprise at what KR and his staff are doing.

I must admit, whilst it initially left a bad taste...I'm less bothered seeing as he and we have been awesome
We’ve been done over plenty of times over the years. It’s just football / business. Besides, they ended up with a fortune from the Marvin Johnson deal the other year. Between the fee and the sell-on bonus they walked away with an awful lot of money. Well over 700k all in, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom