Chris Cadden

I agree, hopefully the same will happen this time round...
I would’ve thought we’re already working on a replacement if he is indeed away in January. He’ll be a big miss though.

Has Chris Gunter got himself fixed up yet..? ??

The biggest points from this article is that they call Bicester a village and that you can get to 22 years old in the UK and barely be able to tie your own shoe laces. Apart from that, we have untill January to source a replacement, it appears to have been a good bit of business and good luck to the lad!

For now though, let's just enjoy watching Cadden, because like with Baldock, once he's gone, we'll miss him

I watched Cadden for the first time vs Bolton where IMO he was poor. I take it he has been a lot better than that performance?

Not sure why you think America is so desirable, the Americans I know want to get out! Also their league is a bit of a backwater so I’m not sure it would be great for his career.
I don’t personally think it’s overly desirable, but it is one of the most desirable countries in the world. I don’t want to live there myself hence why I’ve never taken the opportunity to, but an enormous number of people are fascinated by it and love the idea they’ve been sold of it being the best country on earth. The majority of people I’ve ever encountered who aren’t from there hold it up as some sort of holy grail, and that’s all I ever really said on it. Columbus is a great city, but I won’t be buying my Stars and Stripes tracksuit any time soon.

And anyway, if you’ve only ever played for Motherwell and on loan for a few months at Oxford United, a stint in the MLS really isn’t going to derail your career. If Cadden turned around 12 months after going there and wanted to come back, does anybody really believe he’d struggle to find a good club at this level or back in the SPL at a minimum? Is a season or so in the MLS really that hazardous that suddenly a Doncaster, or an Aberdeen, or even an Oxford United won’t touch him with a barge pole?

Good luck to the guy, I say. And check out Dirty Franks Hot Dog Palace, next door to the awesome 16-Bit Barcade on South 4th Street. Nothing says living it up like a chilli dog with tatertots, followed by a pint and a bash on Road Rash or WWF Wrestlefest.

Not sure why you think America is so desirable, the Americans I know want to get out! Also their league is a bit of a backwater so I’m not sure it would be great for his career.

Don’t forget, he was living in Scotland... Scotland.

Also if the MLS is a backwater what does that make the SPL? Imagine how many goals Zlatan Ibrahimovic would score there!!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Seriously though, have a player who will improve the first team for 6 months or don't bother?

Seems like an absolute no-brainer to me.

I think you underestimate just how much a lot of people really, really want to live in America. And to be fair to him as a yearly visitor myself, Columbus is an excellent city. He probably sees it as an opportunity to live in possibly the most desirable country in the world, and if he likes it he may never return. Worst case scenario it isn’t for him, he earns a good wage and he comes back to a club exactly like the one he’s at now before he’s even 25.
I went to Atlanta 10 years ago. Insect ridden city with no real history. If you like the war of independence fair enough. The odd drive by shooting and Trump into the bargain. Not for me I am afraid.

I have some UK colleagues who moved to Florida - their verdict is Hurricanes bad, property prices good, jobs and salary good, weather mostly good, insects, ok, work culture iffy, general life really good. All in, better than living in small house in the south of England with a large mortgage, and near enough to the UK to make coming home easy.

The bonus is getting up on a saturday and watching the Premier League and EFL all day from the air conditioned lounge or pool side!

In what way is the work culture iffy?

You can be let go in a week, no redundancy process, just a case if we'd like you to leave in a week. Plus maternity/paternity leave is a bit basic. Not show stoppers, but you have to adjust from a generous UK. It's different in California but they can still let you go.

But some taxes are way lower than over here

• React
Reactions: m
Oh and the other thing. DMV lines, apparently they are awful, especially if you don't like queuing in hot public buildings with smelly people.

I gathered that but it seems that most on here have given up on him being here for the full duration irc
It was formally a season long loan, with a January break clause. But the head honcho at the American club said at the time, on their website that he would be here until it was time for their preseason (January onwards). I've posted the link to that statement on here before if you want to look for it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom