Chris Cadden

Upping and moving to the states is a big commitment. Maybe a 6-month loan period with us allows him and his family time to sort out their living/schooling/etc arrangements without too much of an interruption to his hours on the pitch? (I don't know if he has any family to take with him, this is purely speculation. I am less ITK that anyone else. Always have. Always will.)

Its not as if we are getting a really good deal.....if he plays well he will be only here 6 months and we must be paying a good chunk of his wages......maybe we're not paying a penny????....that would be ok by me ;) we like ripping Motherwell off tho dont we??? ? ?

The odd bit for me is that Cadden couldn't agree a permanent transfer, but seems happy to join us on loan.

The MLS season is two thirds of the way through, and already past its transfer deadline for 2019 - if he didn't join someone on loan, then he wouldn't have a competitive fixture to play until March. Long time to wait around for a professional footballer; presumably a danger that he'd get a little rusty over that length of time.

Better for the player and for the Crew for him to head to Oxford and get some game time at a good level between now and then. And I'm sure they've taken out some insurance against injury.

As an aside, Columbus is supposed to be the most average city in America.
Its demographics very closely mirror the demographics of the country as a whole, so restaurant chains all use it to test any new products before they roll them out across the rest of the country.
Not sure it has a whole lot else to recommend it......it's not going to beat Oxford on the 'nice place to live' scale!

The MLS season is two thirds of the way through, and already past its transfer deadline for 2019 - if he didn't join someone on loan, then he wouldn't have a competitive fixture to play until March. Long time to wait around for a professional footballer; presumably a danger that he'd get a little rusty over that length of time.

Better for the player and for the Crew for him to head to Oxford and get some game time at a good level between now and then. And I'm sure they've taken out some insurance against injury.

As an aside, Columbus is supposed to be the most average city in America.
Its demographics very closely mirror the demographics of the country as a whole, so restaurant chains all use it to test any new products before they roll them out across the rest of the country.
Not sure it has a whole lot else to recommend it......it's not going to beat Oxford on the 'nice place to live' scale!
Makes sense, I assume that means we'll actually have him at least until March.

I have been to Columbus, but i don't remember a great deal about, so I think there is plenty in what you say :)

Makes sense, I assume that means we'll actually have him at least until March.

I have been to Columbus, but i don't remember a great deal about, so I think there is plenty in what you say :)
End of Jan probably. Dont think they can recall him after that. Unless we have negotiated the strange deal some have suggested!!

End of Jan probably. Dont think they can recall him after that. Unless we have negotiated the strange deal some have suggested!!
January makes sense .... but, as MLS dont 'play'by / adhere to Fifa rules, who knows what will apply in this case?

I don't know why we are still debating this. The MLS friendlies start in late January, he will need to do the pre-season testing etc before then, as well as moving over to the US. The head honcho at Columbus Crew has said he will be joining them in 2020 after playing for us in the 'summer and fall'. It seems fanciful to do anything other than believe what he says.

Comment piece in Herald Scotland.
TBH I cant see MLS taking any notice of FIFA ..... America the only country in the world where they have a World Series in one of their 'sports', where only teams from USA take part

I haven’t even heard how he did against Solihull moors. Did anyone report it on here?

Any chance we wanted him. Eric got his buddy at columbus to do a deal. Columbus then sell him to us for a dollar thus avoiding paying motherwell a penny. Now that would give them something to moan about

More likely to go in January, reading about his feelings. Don't think it will be possible to stop him.

Just confirms what we already knew, he’s here to keep himself fit, until he can head to the US.

It doesn’t sit easy with me, but he’s playing so well for us, that I’m just gonna enjoy watching him while he’s here, just like when Baldock was here.

Just hope we find a suitable replacement when he leaves..

He’s absolute class imo, definitely think he’s a championship calibre player, will be very sad to lose him and it is important we replace him well

Just confirms what we already knew, he’s here to keep himself fit, until he can head to the US.

I think that is massively unfair. He's here on a 6 month contract and is giving everything for the team at the moment. He could go through the motions, or sit in the under 23's if he just wanted to stay fit.

And if he goes in January, as expected, it won't be because he wants a bigger and better club, it'll be because he wants to experience of living and playing in another country.

As long as he is performing then he deserves our full support, no matter how this may sit with you!

Back
Top Bottom