Chris Cadden

Short term loans in the EFL can work okay and given he’ll be here for a minimum of six months don’t really think there’s much of a problem.

As far as I’m aware, no contract has been signed with the other English club (not sure that would be legal?) but an agreement is in place between all parties that he will not be with us after January 31st.
IF this is all true, do we have any idea who the other English club is? I heard sunderland were interested in this player at one stage!

Didnt Baldock eventually come for 6 months?
He didnt do too badly!

So he's finally officially signed on loan now - though no mention as to the length of said loan.

On the official website he says "Now it is just a case of getting fully match fit and playing a part in what I am sure will be a successful season." No indication as to whether he will be here for the entirety of the season, however.

So he's finally officially signed on loan now - though no mention as to the length of said loan.

On the official website he says "Now it is just a case of getting fully match fit and playing a part in what I am sure will be a successful season." No indication as to whether he will be here for the entirety of the season, however.
its says season long loan with a recall in January.

No mention of the involvement of another English club though?

Note to Robinson and Tiger: It’s looking highly likely that Cadden will be off in January. Maybe we should start our search for a replacement RB now..? Just in case..

He will only play for us and Colombus Crew this season. I'm not sure how loans work internationally and whether he can play for us until March then move over, but I'd imagine that he'd be with us until the end of January as a minimum. That gives us approximately 30 league games and most if not all of our cup games. Plus if last season is anything to go by, I'd be happy for Sam Long to finish the last third of the season at the 2 points a game he averaged this year!

He will only play for us and Colombus Crew this season. I'm not sure how loans work internationally and whether he can play for us until March then move over, but I'd imagine that he'd be with us until the end of January as a minimum. That gives us approximately 30 league games and most if not all of our cup games. Plus if last season is anything to go by, I'd be happy for Sam Long to finish the last third of the season at the 2 points a game he averaged this year!
Last year, Columbus Crew started their friendlies at the end of January (and presumably pre-season fitness work before then) - so if I was a betting man I'd say he's likely to leave in early-mid January to give him time to move, meet his team mates etc and do the pre-season stuff.

so we,ve got hi for a year if he's crap and 6 months if he's good....................hmmmmmmmmmmmm:sneaky::sneaky:

If there was any chance he was going to play for Columbus this season then he would only be here on a six month loan.

If there was any chance he was going to play for Columbus this season then he would only be here on a six month loan.
From the Columbus Crew website (my bold):
“We have been active during this transfer window in looking to strengthen our roster in both the short and long-term,” said Crew SC President and General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. “In negotiating this particular transaction, it simply made sense for all parties for the player to join the Club in 2020 after gaining valuable experience in England this summer and fall.
It's a year loan in name only, with a break clause in January that will be activated.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Note to Robinson and Tiger: It’s looking highly likely that Cadden will be off in January. Maybe we should start our search for a replacement RB now..? Just in case..

I’m sure they will take your advice in mind

Back
Top Bottom