National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Tbf, Greta Thunberg was only a schoolkid and look at what she has done or Malala Yousafzai after the Taliban tried to kill her for speaking up for girls having the right to be educated.

They got headlines and took opportunities to increase their "brand". Not everyone gets that and even fewer utilise it for good.

Up to three million Hong Kong residents are to be offered the chance to settle in the UK and ultimately apply for citizenship, Boris Johnson has said here

I would imagine there will be severe risk of floods across the UK given the amount of spittle, froth and slaver Brexiteers will generate once they get wind of this...

They got headlines and took opportunities to increase their "brand". Not everyone gets that and even fewer utilise it for good.

The headlines came after they had done something, not before.

Malala wasn't getting headlines before she got shot in the head and then wrote about it and she did utilise it for good. I'm not sure getting shot in the head is a way to start a brand either and to stand up to the Taliban is incredibly brave.

Likewise Greta Thunberg organised action that started at School level action which then grew and grew. She was instrumental in that growth and it turned into an international movement.

You might not (or you might) appreciate their message but they got the headlines because of the actions they had already taken, and continued to take. It is impressive that 2 schoolchildren had such a large impact.

It doesn't mean there won't be many more cases to a lesser or similar level elsewhere, it is just these are well reported.

• React
Reactions: QR
Up to three million Hong Kong residents are to be offered the chance to settle in the UK and ultimately apply for citizenship, Boris Johnson has said here

I would imagine there will be severe risk of floods across the UK given the amount of spittle, froth and slaver Brexiteers will generate once they get wind of this...
Do you think they would call themselves Hong Kongeers?

But they’re the right sort of Johnny Foreigner aren’t they?

I don't think so and I've certainly heard no objection so far. Also your theory doesn't make sense considering the so called "Brexit PM" announced the move.

Perhaps the people of the UK are happy to accept a generally affluent, similar, respectful and contributory culture within its boundaries.

Perhaps the people of the UK don't just dislike "others" without good reason.

Perhaps you've been reading too much of the Guardian and Independent...

That's a ridiculous thing to say. Come on, you are better than that.

I seriously wonder whether Boz the builder has seriously thought through the implications of offering British citizenship to the people of HK.

China really aren't very happy about it and will look to take retaliatory action.

Not really fancying our chances of a good trade deal.....and with the EU talks looking less and less likely to produce a deal, coupled with Turmps impending toppling from power in the US...it looks like we don't have too many safe ports in the impending economic storm that Covid will cause.

But then it will be the perfect storm for all those disaster capitalists....won't it??

So glad I found a gold mine in my back garden.....[emoji6]

I seriously wonder whether Boz the builder has seriously thought through the implications of offering British citizenship to the people of HK.

China really aren't very happy about it and will look to take retaliatory action.

Not really fancying our chances of a good trade deal.....and with the EU talks looking less and less likely to produce a deal, coupled with Turmps impending toppling from power in the US...it looks like we don't have too many safe ports in the impending economic storm that Covid will cause.

But then it will be the perfect storm for all those disaster capitalists....won't it??

So glad I found a gold mine in my back garden.....[emoji6]
The Government’s decision on HK residency rights in the U.K. is morally, economically and politically correct.

the apple doesnt fall far from the tree - a greek perspective ....

the apple doesnt fall far from the tree - a greek perspective ....

He's gone for a hearing test, apparently....just as Dommy went to Barnard Castle for an eye test - so that makes it OK.

Or maybe he went out there is search of someone to take care of his child :unsure:

Well reading it, he HAD to go to 'covid-proof' his property over there. So that's alright then.

Not sure it's fair to associate the son with the follies of the father though - he has enough of his own to be getting on with.

Well reading it, he HAD to go to 'covid-proof' his property over there. So that's alright then.

Not sure it's fair to associate the son with the follies of the father though - he has enough of his own to be getting on with.
And if you believe that....yeah....right!

Like he couldn't get the cleaner/pool person/gardener, that he will so obviously employ to do it for him.

Who else looks after it when he's not there in normal times, between his guests, especially as he's 79 and can't possibly do it all himself?

Full of it, just like his offspring!

Incredibly, some people still don’t see it.

Then again, a lot probably do, but are willing to take the todger up the back passage purely because it’s empowered their bitter views. I’ve never met a jolly staunch Brexiteer. Only angry / sneery ones with chips on their shoulders. You won’t find a firm supporter of it who will indulge in calm and rational conversation or display a healthy social temperament - you’ll only find them to be angry and more focused on trying to distress others than speak positively about what changes will benefit us all. The entire thing is built on spite and resentment.

Heads up - there’s about to be a lot of P**s all over the place, and it’s going to be boiling hot.

Incredibly, some people still don’t see it.

Then again, a lot probably do, but are willing to take the todger up the back passage purely because it’s empowered their bitter views. I’ve never met a jolly staunch Brexiteer. Only angry / sneery ones with chips on their shoulders. You won’t find a firm supporter of it who will indulge in calm and rational conversation or display a healthy social temperament - you’ll only find them to be angry and more focused on trying to distress others than speak positively about what changes will benefit us all. The entire thing is built on spite and resentment.

Heads up - there’s about to be a lot of P**s all over the place, and it’s going to be boiling hot.
?

Back
Top Bottom