National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I’d like the Police to be deciding on who has broken the law, which Johnson appears to have done repeatedly. If he has, then politics will decide his fate as Leader, not the Police.

Absolutely boils my P**s, this entitled, arrogant administration. Major has completely got their number, sadly. Damaging to democracy in the long-term, ala Trump.
Please explain to me how Trump has been "damaging to democracy".

I'm genuinely curious about how you can come to the conclusion that the man damaged democracy. I'm not even sharing my opinion of him 🧐
Care to share any reasoning or is it just that everyone else agrees therfore you must be right?

Off the top of my head; continual (and still ongoing) claims of a fraudalent election when all his claims have been debunked, oh and the storming of the Capitol after his rally while he sat there doing nothing (I'm not even going into if he was directly part of it which is under investigation, the pressure on Mike Pence to disregard the vote and overturn the result.

I'm genuinely curious about how you can come to the conclusion that the man damaged democracy. I'm not even sharing my opinion of him 🧐
Care to share any reasoning or is it just that everyone else agrees therfore you must be right?

If you don`t believe that the storming of capitol hill and the claims that the vote was fixed are attacks on democracy then
i don`t think there is anything that i can say that will make a blind bit of difference to you.

If you can find me any evidence of Trump advocating people to storm Capitol Hill I'd be interested. As for the fixing of elections, I'm sure you don't really believe that Joe Biden (who can barely gather a crowd of 2000) received more votes than Obama. I sound like I'm defending Trump but honestly, American politics is no different than a pantomime to me. I just thinks it's a bit unjust for people to claim he damaged democracy. Wouldn't an investigation into the legitimacy of an election only create a more transparency whether his claims are fact or not?

If you can find me any evidence of Trump advocating people to storm Capitol Hill I'd be interested. As for the fixing of elections, I'm sure you don't really believe that Joe Biden (who can barely gather a crowd of 2000) received more votes than Obama. I sound like I'm defending Trump but honestly, American politics is no different than a pantomime to me. I just thinks it's a bit unjust for people to claim he damaged democracy. Wouldn't an investigation into the legitimacy of an election only create a more transparency whether his claims are fact or not?
You are defending Trump. You’re doing it with that “I’m just asking questions” voice which has become popular amongst people who aren’t interested in hearing the answers.

After 4 years of trump I can easily see how Biden could score a huge number of votes. The fact you can’t (and express your opinion with a patronising “I’m sure you don’t really believe…”) makes it quite clear where your politics are at.

Regarding your first point, and isn’t that a matter under investigation right now? An English footy forum probably isn’t the best source of evidence.
You seem keen on the idea that he had nothing to do with it. Any substantiation of that?

I`m really not tempted to get into a never ending debate about Trump tbh with you, discussing Johnson is depressing
enough without adding that crackpot back into the mix.

I know i`m going to regret this but i`ll go 3 rounds with you over on the Trump thread if you like ? That`s 3 posts each
before we agree to disagree and move on, based on your last post i will happily start, is that fair enough ?

Just goes to show how insane the people of Leicestershire are

The problem here is the City Council favour their investment to where their core vote is.
As such they are losing a lot of traction in the more pleasant suburbs where a lot of their core voters are moving too.
I suppose, to a point, it could be seen as levelling up in action whilst the City Labour group remain rooted in the past.
In our local area we are right on the City/County border and people can see the difference just in the basics such as street maintenance, litter etc etc.
It's better in the County (Tory) than in the City (Lab) and that applies to Oadby & Wigston too.

Tory's tactically voting for the Greens? What a truly strange country we have become if this is true.

There was an article yesterday about Lab/LibDems coming to some sort of arrangement not to stand against each other in key marginals.

Shouldn`t be allowed IMHO as the only person who suffers is the voter which further alienates people from the electoral process.

There was an article yesterday about Lab/LibDems coming to some sort of arrangement not to stand against each other in key marginals.

Shouldn`t be allowed IMHO as the only person who suffers is the voter which further alienates people from the electoral process.
You shouldn't be allowed to vote for a standing candidate or candidates should be forced to stand. Your usual dangerous extremism I see.

What, like the Tories and UKIP (or Reform, or whatever they were called at the time) did in the 2019 election:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom