National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Newsnight was interesting last night. They visited Beaconsfield, a hotbed of Conservative power and talked to 4 Conservative Association members, most of which actively canvass for the party. One of them seemed to be a disaffected ex-Tory councillor so I'll ignore his views but the other three were dyed in the wool tweed-wearing true blue activists with an average age of c.75. They watched the Commons debate and were then asked their opinion and they were scathing saying he has to resign and they couldn't canvass for the party whilst he was at the helm. I think this is very pertinent to how the backbenchers will respond over the coming weeks/months. If you lose the support of party activists like Philippa and George in a staunch Conservative territory to the extent that they are publicly berating you on national television, you're in trouble as a PM.

Newsnight was interesting last night. They visited Beaconsfield, a hotbed of Conservative power and talked to 4 Conservative Association members, most of which actively canvass for the party. One of them seemed to be a disaffected ex-Tory councillor so I'll ignore his views but the other three were dyed in the wool tweed-wearing true blue activists with an average age of c.75. They watched the Commons debate and were then asked their opinion and they were scathing saying he has to resign and they couldn't canvass for the party whilst he was at the helm. I think this is very pertinent to how the backbenchers will respond over the coming weeks/months. If you lose the support of party activists like Philippa and George in a staunch Conservative territory to the extent that they are publicly berating you on national television, you're in trouble as a PM.
I watched that with interest too. I also watched the car-crash interview with Paul Scally beforehand in which he was given a complete hospital pass of having to defend the PM. He couldn't of course and even had to resort to the "we've all been working jolly hard and Boris nearly died - for goodness sake, have some sympathy!" defence - it was truly cringeworthy.

As well as the Tory footsoldiers in Tory central in true blue Beaconsfield (one of the biggest Tory assocs in the UK), none of the Tory leaning journo's interviewed afterwards could find any defence for him.

The longer he brazens this out, the deeper the Tory slump will go. Everyone knows the weight of evidence against him and No 10 and the amount of material handed to the Met that they are now considering. Everyone knows that the party in the flat at Number 10 is one of those under investigation. Everyone knows he was at it and everyone knows he stood up in the house and told everyone all rules had been followed at all times. He's a bare-faced liar, plain and simple.

And all the while the drip, drip drip of rumours and evidence will continue to eat away at his flimsy defence. This is truly getting into Berlin bunker territory for the Dear Leader.

As an aside, The Times reported on 19th January 2022 that back in March 2020, in the week before Boris was admitted to hosptial with Covid, he was apparently still walking around the offices in number 10, talking to people, using meeting rooms and all the while in the 7 days leading up to his admission he was coughing. No face mask, no distancing, nothing. The report goes on:

"No 10 staff are said to have raised concerns with him repeatedly after he developed a bad cough. Johnson is said to have dismissed them. One No 10 insider said that despite the warnings he insisted that he was fine. “He said he was ‘strong like bull’ and banged his chest,” the source said. “He was advised that he might have Covid but he rejected it".

It's a pretty clear pattern of behaviour and he will never change. For that alone he is unfit for office.

I watched that with interest too. I also watched the car-crash interview with Paul Scally beforehand in which he was given a complete hospital pass of having to defend the PM. He couldn't of course and even had to resort to the "we've all been working jolly hard and Boris nearly died - for goodness sake, have some sympathy!" defence - it was truly cringeworthy.

As well as the Tory footsoldiers in Tory central in true blue Beaconsfield (one of the biggest Tory assocs in the UK), none of the Tory leaning journo's interviewed afterwards could find any defence for him.

The longer he brazens this out, the deeper the Tory slump will go. Everyone knows the weight of evidence against him and No 10 and the amount of material handed to the Met that they are now considering. Everyone knows that the party in the flat at Number 10 is one of those under investigation. Everyone knows he was at it and everyone knows he stood up in the house and told everyone all rules had been followed at all times. He's a bare-faced liar, plain and simple.

And all the while the drip, drip drip of rumours and evidence will continue to eat away at his flimsy defence. This is truly getting into Berlin bunker territory for the Dear Leader.

As an aside, The Times reported on 19th January 2022 that back in March 2020, in the week before Boris was admitted to hosptial with Covid, he was apparently still walking around the offices in number 10, talking to people, using meeting rooms and all the while in the 7 days leading up to his admission he was coughing. No face mask, no distancing, nothing. The report goes on:

"No 10 staff are said to have raised concerns with him repeatedly after he developed a bad cough. Johnson is said to have dismissed them. One No 10 insider said that despite the warnings he insisted that he was fine. “He said he was ‘strong like bull’ and banged his chest,” the source said. “He was advised that he might have Covid but he rejected it".

It's a pretty clear pattern of behaviour and he will never change. For that alone he is unfit for office.
The stupidity in all of this is that he’s needlessly shot himself in the foot (and possibly the head moving forward) over his refusal to tell the truth. If he had just held his hands up when this first started and apologised, people would’ve been hacked off for a week or two but that would’ve been basically the end of it. What he and his cronies have done is turn this into an enormous scandal primarily because they just can’t resist telling enormous and barefaced lies at every turn. In reality it is far less about the actual parties themselves and more about the absolute whoppers that have been told time and time again.

Did you ever watch Father Ted? In case you didn’t and for anyone else who is unfamiliar (somehow), there’s a great episode where Ted initiates a scam to get a big and flashy prize for a raffle, which is a brand new car that he’s borrowed off someone. The plan is for Dougal to win the raffle so that they can then give it back to the person he borrowed it from, having sold a boat load of raffle tickets. At some point Dougal notices the tiniest little dent in the car - so small you can barely see it. Ted then decided to quickly tap it out with a hammer, only he makes another tiny dent right next to the original. Then another. Then another. Then it fast forwards to the car looking like it’s pretty much been crushed at a scrappy, all because he kept tapping it and making another tiny dent until there was nothing left.

That’s kind of what this bunch of morons have managed to do, all because they didn’t have the decency (let alone good sense) to just nip it in the bud at the beginning and give it a few days to disappear. Their default setting is lie, no matter what the issue, and while there is truth that virtually all governments play fast and loose at times, the scale and frequency (and often severity) with this one is alarming and pretty unprecedented. As I’ve said before, a sprained ankle and a leg that is broken in two places are not both equal leg injuries. You can’t just go, “Yeah well other people lie too” without sounding like a fool who would look at the ankle sprain and the leg break side by side and go, “What’s the problem, all I see is two identical leg injuries of equal severity?”

Ah well. At least it’s given me an excuse to talk about one of the best sitcoms of the last 30 years:

Sue Grey seems to sound according to those ion the inside.

But she used the expression ‘difficult to justify’. This is a slip imo. It means she’s really coming at it from an angle of justification which is revealing.

Sue Grey seems to sound according to those ion the inside.

But she used the expression ‘difficult to justify’. This is a slip imo. It means she’s really coming at it from an angle of justification which is revealing.
In Civil Service speak, I suspect that 'difficult to justify' actually means 'there is, and can not be, any justification for this'.

In Civil Service speak, I suspect that 'difficult to justify' actually means 'there is, and can not be, any justification for this'.
Correct - it's a bit like the phrase 'that would be difficult to agree to' in Japanese business culture which can be roughly translated as 'You can take your insulting offer and f**k right off'.

Quite a small issue for BoJo given recent events but still a telling off from the Speaker:

Also in the news:
Johnson cancelled a phone call with Putin yesterday to give himself time to read Sue Grey’s report, before heading into the commons!!

Why are his personal failings taking priority over a crisis that left unchecked, could lead to WW3??

His priorities are an utter shambles. He should’ve conducted the phone call, then faced the Sue Grey report in the Commons unprepared if necessary!!

It's as real as Johnson claim against Starmer yesterday.
So you do know it's a hoax image then.

Its just you suggested to Essex yesterday that he might want to avoid spreading unsubstantiated claims, and I just found that strange considering you'd just posted an obviously photoshopped image of Jimmy Savile in front of a Conservative Party van.

I was just checking you were aware.

So you do know it's a hoax image then.

Its just you suggested to Essex yesterday that he might want to avoid spreading unsubstantiated claims, and I just found that strange considering you'd just posted an obviously photoshopped image of Jimmy Savile in front of a Conservative Party van.

I was just checking you were aware.
Are these fake?

20220201_173723.jpg
To be honest the worst think for the Tory Party is it be associated with Johnson.

Are these fake?

View attachment 8048
To be honest the worst think for the Tory Party is it be associated with Johnson.
No, unlike the hoax image you posted earlier these are real.

However, I question what exactly your point is here? What are these pictures showing, in your opinion? If I were to find a picture of Jimmy Savile and - say - Tony Blair or Gordon Brown (probably a very simple task) then what would that even mean?

Sometimes your posts are slightly confused.

Back
Top Bottom