National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I didn't expect you to take misogyny and assaults against women seriously.

Shockingly you can take assaults against anyone seriously and also understand where commentators are making 1 + 1 = 197.
A person with a modicum of intelligence can also understand when said aggrieved person is cashing in on something that didn`t cause them any distress at the time.
On the other hand those suckers of a good twitter headline seemingly can not differentiate.

And just to add that having been a juror on the most distressing rape case, I struggle to reconcile hands on knees and pinching of the bum in the same ball park.

That is in no way to say that this is right, it is absolutely not, but the issues are poles apart.

I cant begin to explain the trauma that this woman had experienced and as a juror I am haunted to this day about the brutality of what I heard.

Likewise I was a juror on a historical child sexual abuse case.

That was the hardest 3 weeks of my life. Horrific and very troubling.

You have my empathy and sympathy.

The thing I focus on is that most of the kids have moved on with their lives positively and he got the sentence he deserved.

Likewise I was a juror on a historical child sexual abuse case.

That was the hardest 3 weeks of my life. Horrific and very troubling.

You have my empathy and sympathy.

The thing I focus on is that most of the kids have moved on with their lives positively and he got the sentence he deserved.

i can completely understand your distress and upset.

No the story, according to @QR, is that any form of physical contact with the opposite gender is 1 step from murdering them.

Straight up.
Or let's reflect on what I actually said....

one of the biggest challenges this country faces is misogynistic which at its extreme results in murder.

Or let's reflect on what I actually said....

one of the biggest challenges this country faces is misogynistic which at its extreme results in murder.

You don`t have to be misogynistic to commit murder.

One does not lead to the other, the chain of events is often far more complex and not as simplistic as you are trying to make it.

Some would argue that looking for "isms" to hang bad behaviour on avoids the reality that the lack of discipline and learned respect is the root cause of many societal issues.

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

You don`t have to be misogynistic to commit murder.

One does not lead to the other, the chain of events is often far more complex and not as simplistic as you are trying to make it.
None of which I've said.

You're doing it again. You're making up the question that suits your answer.

Anyone seen where the goalposts when? Last time I saw them that @Essexyellows chap was leaning on them.

Duh. .. because one of the biggest challenges this country faces is misogynistic which at its extreme results in murder.

One of the biggest challenge? No its not.
There are many far bigger challenges than misogynism.

However it won`t stop it creating a storm in a twitter-cup.

Duh. .. because one of the biggest challenges this country faces is misogynistic which at its extreme results in murder.
By the looks of things she was game anyway. I agree it’s not fair matter his family but she certainly wasn’t any saint, and I bet she is being paid top dollar for her story,

And? What he does in his private life is down to him.
That somebody chooses to sell the story is a known risk.
She doesn`t sound too traumatised by the events.......

Makes more Twitter noise for the GLP though. :ROFLMAO:
Because he denied it all when he was asked whether there was any conflict of interest going on when the mayors office gave her company money and paid for her to go on trips, that makes it slightly more public interest.

By the looks of things she was game anyway. I agree it’s not fair matter his family but she certainly wasn’t any saint, and I bet she is being paid top dollar for her story,
You are falling for the whataboutism. It's not about her, it's about him. He was shagging her while his wife was receiving cancer treatment. If you think that makes him fit to be our PM so be it.

You are falling for the whataboutism. It's not about her, it's about him. He was shagging her while his wife was receiving cancer treatment. If you think that makes him fit to be our PM so be it.
Oh I do understand and yes it was wrong especially as his wife had cancer treatment, but she has been paid a fortune by the Mirror group for her story. it wouldn’t be any different if Corbyn or Starmer had been in power and their were whispers you can get the Sun and Mail would be after a story. Don’t forget she denied the affair as did he so she isn’t much better but as he is now PM it makes more of a scandal that Ben if it happened pre his leadership of the Tory party.

Oh I do understand and yes it was wrong especially as his wife had cancer treatment, but she has been paid a fortune by the Mirror group for her story. it wouldn’t be any different if Corbyn or Starmer had been in power and their were whispers you can get the Sun and Mail would be after a story. Don’t forget she denied the affair as did he so she isn’t much better but as he is now PM it makes more of a scandal that Ben if it happened pre his leadership of the Tory party.
You are right in that the tabloids would be sniffing after a story if Corbyn or Starmer were in power. But hey guess what - there is no suggestion that either of them has ever done anything like this odious little creep did!
It's not that it was reported or has come out, or that the woman involved has been paid by a newspaper that makes this bad, - it is the fact that he thinks it is OK to do such things.

You are right in that the tabloids would be sniffing after a story if Corbyn or Starmer were in power. But hey guess what - there is no suggestion that either of them has ever done anything like this odious little creep did!
It's not that it was reported or has come out, or that the woman involved has been paid by a newspaper that makes this bad, - it is the fact that he thinks it is OK to do such things.
Didn’t Corby have an affair with Dianne Abbot

Back
Top Bottom