National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Johnson sacked 21 of his MPs last year because they refused to vote for the Withdrawal Agreement. Now he's saying the WA is flawed. Does that mean they were right & he was wrong? So they shouldn't have been sacked and he should have sacked himself

Probably has concerns that in the event of losing, you will perform a U-Turn and renege on the agreement (despite admitting to doing so in a "specific and limited" way)

A bet is a bet, not ensuring an agreement is not detrimental to some................................
@YellowTaxi is getting a bit nationalist/racist about bonfires, flutes and "6 counties".
Who would have thought it? Jaffa`s & Fenians abound..... :)

Johnson sacked 21 of his MPs last year because they refused to vote for the Withdrawal Agreement. Now he's saying the WA is flawed. Does that mean they were right & he was wrong? So they shouldn't have been sacked and he should have sacked himself
?‍♂️

No, because at the time he was right. As pointed out by EssexYellow, it's a sign of strong leadership to react to new information and change tack accordingly.

(The fact that the PM hadn't fully understood/bothered to read the WA last year is a moot point).

No, because at the time he was right. As pointed out by EssexYellow, it's a sign of strong leadership to react to new information and change tack accordingly.

(The fact that the PM hadn't fully understood/bothered to read the WA last year is a moot point).

I would beg to differ in that he may have fully understood the WA that was offered to get the ball rolling, and then side footed it past the last defender and is one on one with the keeper.
It could well be sabre rattling but to rattle a sabre you have to have one.

I would beg to differ in that he may have fully understood the WA that was offered to get the ball rolling, and then side footed it past the last defender and is one on one with the keeper.

Defending the indefensible again.

If he fully understood it then this situation should have been anticipated as part of that understanding and not agreed to it in the 1st place. It is a further demonstration of his and his Govt's incompetence, not a clever negotiating tactic.

wonder why EssexYellows compares having a Prime Minister who will sign anything with a striker being one on one with the keeprt

Fancy Ed Milliband riping you a new a**e live on TV. Ouch Doris.

After Marr's disgraceful performance on Sunday it looks like the BBC is really starting to worry about its funding.

Last edited:
So "dramatic" the BBC haven`t mentioned it.
Now getting boring with Blackford the dullard Scot......
That doesn't necessarily prove your argument. it could be that the BBC has been blowing smoke up Johnson's a**e for so long that regular viewers haven't realised what an incompetent dullard he is.

Which would explain a great deal.

Come along Mr Taxi............ you missed the bet bit.............again.
what do you want to bet: that the country will be worse off in the next four years (Absolutely 50 quid to a charity of your/my choice- not sure if it will buy a pint by then or that Johnson -or another Tory will get re-elected (eminently likely given the BBC won't broadcast Johnson getting torn to shreds in the House of Commons- as you've just kindly illustrated for us all)

what do you want to bet: that the country will be worse off in the next four years (Absolutely 50 quid to a charity of your/my choice- not sure if it will buy a pint by then or that Johnson -or another Tory will get re-elected (eminently likely given the BBC won't broadcast Johnson getting torn to shreds in the House of Commons- as you've just kindly illustrated for us all)

It was about Boris`s tenure as well you know. Away with the herd of squirrels. :)

I heard it on the wireless

Not until it's extended. So you're fine with the govt creating a dna and fingerprint database in principle?

To be honest......... it doesn`t bother me.
I would have an ID card system implemented tomorrow if it was my choice.
No card you get nothing. :)

Back
Top Bottom