National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Oh for Good sake, we all know there is only one reason. They had the press on their side. Just as it's the only reason Blair's Labour got in. Open your eyes man.
Bullocks .
Boris got in because there was NO plausible, believable opposition and no other option.
Blair got in for exactly the opposite, he was believable and highly electable.
If it wasn’t for Iraq, he would be revered and respected.

And I know people at work who spend nearly every lunchtime on the Express or Daily Mail sites. I get sick of hearing 'it said in the express or the mail'.

Maybe I`m more selective of my news sources than your work colleagues? :)
Almost all news sources come with a differing agenda and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.....

Who ever the tabloids have backed have gone on to win /not lose the election. When was the last time this didn't happen?
Your are as misguided as much as the Labour manifesto was deluded .

Weird that there's so many meetings between the govt and Murdoch considering the press are irrelevant.

Bullocks .
Boris got in because there was NO plausible, believable opposition and no other option.
Blair got in for exactly the opposite, he was believable and highly electable.
If it wasn’t for Iraq, he would be revered and respected.
You haven’t seen the recent documentary on Blair getting to power and the amount of schmoozing that had to be done with Murdock I take it.

You haven’t seen the recent documentary on Blair getting to power and the amount of schmoozing that had to be done with Murdock I take it.
Doesn’t matter.
Irrelevant.
He was a prime minister for his time.

Maybe I`m more selective of my news sources than your work colleagues? :)
Almost all news sources come with a differing agenda and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.....
And that's my point. They target the easily swayed. Bit of Corrie, bit of celebrity gossip, oops a bit of twisted politics. Job done.

I'm not a fan of Corbyn but the press did its upmost to... huhum... 'misrepresent' him. All part of their influence.
It wasn't the old school press of newspapers and TV debates that had any real influence on the election, it was social media, Facebook, twitter etc. And these were heavily used by the left and targeted younger voters, and should have been enough to blow the Tories away. But Corbyn somehow managed to make Labour unelectable, even in traditional safe seats. A new leader and some clear policies that reach out to the many will help them rebuild and stand half a chance next time round.

And that's my point. They target the easily swayed. Bit of Corrie, bit of celebrity gossip, oops a bit of twisted politics. Job done.
Such an elitist view.
Your responses are so often dismissive and you seem to have such a low opinion of so many in society.
I’d hate to sit in on a school governors meeting.

Regarding the PPE and thinking about my day job... I’d be very interested to see the places that these masks were produced.

I read in The Times report that the company involved were quoted as saying they had a large manufacturing facility capable of producing many, many masks very quickly.

From experience it’s these peaks in demand and unexpected orders that see a lot of labour issues in supply chains (particularly in China and Asia). So aside from the risk to the health of the wearers, the costs involved in the screw up and any potential improper procurement practice you also have the potential for labour abuses in the manufacturing.

Not necessarily talking about child labour but certainly bonded or forced, excessive working hours, poor living conditions etc. Anyway... who knows and it’s purely speculation. There has been quite a high increase in reported issues though in the region due to companies winning tenders to produce large stocks of PPE.

Regarding the PPE and thinking about my day job... I’d be very interested to see the places that these masks were produced.

I read in The Times report that the company involved were quoted as saying they had a large manufacturing facility capable of producing many, many masks very quickly.

From experience it’s these peaks in demand and unexpected orders that see a lot of labour issues in supply chains (particularly in China and Asia). So aside from the risk to the health of the wearers, the costs involved in the screw up and any potential improper procurement practice you also have the potential for labour abuses in the manufacturing.

Not necessarily talking about child labour but certainly bonded or forced, excessive working hours, poor living conditions etc. Anyway... who knows and it’s purely speculation. There has been quite a high increase in reported issues though in the region due to companies winning tenders to produce large stocks of PPE.
I did post about how China were using Uighur slave labour to get their economy in April/May time, so any company with a PPE supplier there, may well have fulfilled it with slave labour.

I did post about how China were using Uighur slave labour to get their economy in April/May time, so any company with a PPE supplier there, may well have fulfilled it with slave labour.
Yep I read a report the other day that reckons that most cotton items manufactured in the region will have at some point been tainted by Uighur slave labour. I’ll have to find the article again but there’s quite a lot out there about it following some fairly extensive research (as extensive as it can be in China)

Back
Top Bottom