National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I'd like to know quite how much pressure was exerted onto the Met to get them to overlook Monkeypox Boy's transgressions. Is Cressida Dicks departure related in any way?

Has the same pressure (and movement of the terms of reference goalposts) been applied to Sue Gray?
Of course it has. Don't forget who we are dealing with here.

"Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies. [He] sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the school for the next half).

"I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation that binds everyone else."

Leopards do not change their spots.

"It was also reported in The Times that the Conservative leader ignored his own isolation rules after contracting Covid-19 in March 2020.

Despite warnings from No 10 staff after developing a bad cough, Johnson reportedly continued to hold in-person briefings and had staff in to help with IT problems – even after being confined to the Chancellor’s office. He is said to have dismissed concerns by beating his chest and claiming he was “strong like bull”."

Last edited:
I'd like to know quite how much pressure was exerted onto the Met to get them to overlook Monkeypox Boy's transgressions. Is Cressida Dicks departure related in any way?

Has the same pressure (and movement of the terms of reference goalposts) been applied to Sue Gray?
Well #10 called a meeting with Gray to apparently tell her it wasn't worth releasing the report as it was 'all public anyway'. They then briefed that they didn't call the meeting, before having to admit they did shortly after

It’s all irrelevant. The Met for whatever reason don’t want to prosecute ( should be investigated)
It requires enough Tory MPs to kick him out or the pm to suddenly gain a conscience, neither of which will happen.
He will go when the tories think he needs to go to win an election and not one second before.

My prediction is 4-6 months before they have to so on that basis we’re stuck with this liar and cheat till June - August 2024

He is trying to engender sympathy for Johnson and use a squirrel by mentioning his mum. However Johnson losing his mum is still a sad thing for him although it is scraping the barrel by Shapps.
We’ll on that logic, anyone who lost a relative could have a knees-up so why were numbers limited at funerals?

He will go when the tories think he needs to go to win an election and not one second before.

My prediction is 4-6 months before they have to so on that basis we’re stuck with this liar and cheat till June - August 2024

So you are basically saying that come the next GE we will be left with a choice of spineless candidates who didn’t have the bottle to stand up to BJ but who will still expect the electorate to believe they have the qualities to be PM.

And an opposition that have failed to gain any sort of political momentum during this clusterfuck.

Great. Business as usual then 🙄.

So you are basically saying that come the next GE we will be left with a choice of spineless candidates who didn’t have the bottle to stand up to BJ but who will still expect the electorate to believe they have the qualities to be PM.

And an opposition that have failed to gain any sort of political momentum during this clusterfuck.

Maybe that's because 4 tax avoiding Tory supporting billionaires own 75% of newspapers sold in this country....and they want you to believe that:
a). The opposition aren't up to it, and
b). all politicians are the same.

🤷‍♂️

Maybe that's because 4 tax avoiding Tory supporting billionaires own 75% of newspapers sold in this country....and they want you to believe that:
a). The opposition aren't up to it, and
b). all politicians are the same.

🤷‍♂️

The opposition was more up to it under Blair (Tory lite) even Corbyn had plenty of valid beliefs - SKS is just grey, uninspiring soup.

Not all politicians are the same - just most of the :poop: :poop: floats to the top.

:):cool:

The opposition was more up to it under Blair (Tory lite) even Corbyn had plenty of valid beliefs - SKS is just grey, uninspiring soup.

Not all politicians are the same - just most of the :poop: :poop: floats to the top.

:):cool:
That's just falling for the politics of personality again....

And that's what got us into this populist mess in the first place:):cool:

Yep.

As annoyed and frustrated as I get with the tories I am livid with the opposition for not making the most of this. The press for their BS,Labour are a joke and I’m mad at them for leaving us with BJ.

Yep.

As annoyed and frustrated as I get with the tories I am livid with the opposition for not making the most of this. The press for their BS,Labour are a joke and I’m mad at them for leaving us with BJ.
So now it's Labours fault that Bojo is PM....

Well it's a unique and highly nuanced view of how we've arrived at this point, I'll give you that... :ROFLMAO:

Falling for the biggest liar in many generations "just cos he wears a blue rosette" probably has more to do with it, I would think:unsure:

Because if the system we have there are 2 parties that can hold power. If 1 is totally lunatic unelectable, and the other is a well funded liar then they will vote for the liar.

Because if the system we have there are 2 parties that can hold power. If 1 is totally lunatic unelectable, and the other is a well funded liar then they will vote for the liar.
Hung parliament would've been preferable, rather than a huge majority, delivered to a liar, based on a lie 🤷‍♂️

It's the very notion that Bojo was ever electable that I find as amusing as it is chilling!

Last edited:
It’s not that Boris was electable more that Corbin was not. Personally I have no idea why people felt that they could vote for BJ but I think a large portion of the population felt that they couldn’t vote for Corbin.

I couldn’t bring myself to vote Labour at the last election, and at the time I lived in Oxford east so had no issue voting Lib Dems.

I’m now in west Oxfordshire so I have a choice of lib demsor Tory.. it is a twisted process that doesn’t work.

We should have 2 things changed but won’t

1) mandatory voting
2) Proportional representation

Back
Top Bottom