National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

I think perhaps that some have a more playful sense of humour than they are given credit for.

But you don't, do you? You'd like the s**t to be kicked out of him, rather than genuinely support his right to continued (if tedious) protest. I mean, as @Gary Baldi so tolerantly posted out, shouty man and anyone else concerned about Brexit or Boris are probably work-shy lefties anyway.

I support anyone's "right to protest" within the law.

Anyone who breaks the law should expect to feel the force of said law.

EG: If shouty man/Extinction Rebellion/Tommy Robinson et al are asked to move on by a suitably appointed Constable then they should.... or get nicked.

Interesting footnote, "shouty man" often claims College Green is a "public space", it isn`t, it used to be part of the old Palace of Westminster, and is owned by parliament, so can be closed to the public at any time without notice.

Equally any "fulltime" protester brings themselves under the spotlight as to their employment status, funding etc.
"Shouty Man" is just a "Stop Brexit" version of Brand Tommy........... he`s making a living out of it and when that happens purpose & morals are long gone.

The bike copper proved what should be done to Extinction Rebellion - don't mither about and give em a good shove and they won't put up a whole of soy resistance to it.

I see the usual lefties have been out protesting near Downing St. Don't they have jobs to go to or a life to live? #sadleftieswithnolife ;)

And yet you complained about about the French authorities response to the Gilet Jaunes.

And yet you complained about about the French authorities response to the Gilet Jaunes.
They should be glad it was the plod on his bike. If the close protection officers following had got close it might have looked very different. How do know who is the protester and who is the terrorist? What if at that moment of contact they had detonated a bomb? They managed to halt the cars approaching which must have given the security forces some real high blood pressure.
Very silly and very naive people.

They should be glad it was the plod on his bike. If the close protection officers following had got close it might have looked very different. How do know who is the protester and who is the terrorist? What if at that moment of contact they had detonated a bomb? They managed to halt the cars approaching which must have given the security forces some real high blood pressure.
Very silly and very naive people.

GB complained about the French police taking robust action against the Gilet Jaunes who were causing criminal damage etc.

GB complained about the French police taking robust action against the Gilet Jaunes who were causing criminal damage etc.
There are certainly instances of the French Police going far beyond what would be accepted in this country. The blinding of one protester is a case in example. I am unsure what or who, you refer to when you write "GB". I cannot find any mention of a UK Government complaint. That the French police used some very debatable tactics is without doubt and I would not wish to see anything of that nature repeated in this country. However, that is not an example of what happened yesterday. They were some very silly and naive folk who thought it would be a good idea to halt the process of someone under very robust protection. Fortunately for them, they were guided away with minimal force.
I don't believe walking in front of traffic constitutes free speech or legal protest.

There are certainly instances of the French Police going far beyond what would be accepted in this country. The blinding of one protester is a case in example. I am unsure what or who, you refer to when you write "GB". I cannot find any mention of a UK Government complaint. That the French police used some very debatable tactics is without doubt and I would not wish to see anything of that nature repeated in this country. However, that is not an example of what happened yesterday. They were some very silly and naive folk who thought it would be a good idea to halt the process of someone under very robust protection. Fortunately for them, they were guided away with minimal force.
I don't believe walking in front of traffic constitutes free speech or legal protest.

GB is shorthand for the person I responded to and there was a thread on the gilets Jaunes.

GB is shorthand for the person I responded to and there was a thread on the gilets Jaunes.
Ah, cool. I managed to not get drawn into that thread. Makes sense now. :)

Having lived in France for a while I got used to the errm, eccentric(!) ways of the French police/gendarmes/etc. Quickly learnt that it was best to stay well out of their way. Particularly the Gendarmes when they turned out. Nasty buggers with no sense of humour and for some reason a dislike of "les rosbifs"

And their response is so very, very different to what that Policeman did. It's not comparable whataboutism is it?

And their response is so very, very different to what that Policeman did. It's not comparable whataboutism is it?

Of course it is comparable, they are both physical actions by Police. I'm just following your lead on the whataboutism.

Of course it is comparable, they are both physical actions by Police. I'm just following your lead on the whataboutism.
So whataboutism is ok now????? I can't keep it up if it is de rigeur or an awful pastiche in this place. Considering the persistent ? and moaning I've got for it, please make your minds up and stick to it.

As you ask, It's not comparable at all. The UK police used minimal appropriate force to get the job done, no targeting of leaders, no permanent or life threatening injuries, etc. Really not sure why you are trying to connect both.

Of course "Extinction" Rebellion can be moved on more quickly, but it doesn't somehow mean they will go in with koshes, rubber bullets and pepper spray. As I say, not sure what your point is here? ?‍♂️

But then these people weren't smashing the place up and initiating serious violence on the Police like some of Gilet Jaunes.

I'm just following your standard "whataboutism/ooh look a squirrel" tactic.

But then these people weren't smashing the place up and initiating serious violence on the Police like some of Gilet Jaunes.

I'm just following your standard "whataboutism/ooh look a squirrel" tactic.
Seeing as you've constantly moaned about it and said it's not a valid way to debate on many, many occasions, etc in quite a firm way, just make your mind up if it is ok or not?

It makes me laugh as I've been whatabouted a few times recently by the same people who complain wildly about it being used. I suspect they didn't even realise they were doing the same thing they complain about. Funny

Back
Top Bottom