National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

The way I see it is that people standing in the middle of the hurricane will make errors, they are human.
The worse the magnitude of the storm the less important some errors will seem.

Do you really care how his decorating was funded as long as it was within the "rules"?

The same thing with Hancock's investment in a family/friends company, once he knew he did what was needed to be done.
How was he expected to do anything before he knew?

They aren`t perfect by a long shot but they have got the gig .... for a while it seems, pending any viable opposition.... I`ll wait. :)
It’s not a silly football rivalry buddy. This is serious stuff for grownups

Wonder who paid for his Westminster Abbey wedding yesterday ? .... shouldnt there be an enquiry? :sneaky:

Nothing to see here..... move along.

So to clarify, their story is that Johnson, of his own volition, spent £90,000 refurbishing a flat with no idea how he was going to fund it, and then was pleasantly surprised when he woke up one morning to find over half of it had been covered by a Tory donor?

It's all so staggeringly insulting. There is not a person alive who seriously believes that to be the case.

Further, on Hancock, since when has a 'minor breach' of the ministerial code been acceptable? It's like when they said they were going to break international law in a 'narrow and specific way' or whatever it was. It just isn't a thing. He breached the ministerial code. If he had a shred of decency he'd resign.

Yep, let’s waste shitloads of more public money looking into something most people don’t really care about.....😉
Doubt whether much was spent on security etc as it was low key and no b****r knew about it until after it was done.
Just wondering who her bridesmaids were, Angela Raynor and Dianne Abbot? And Corbyn his best man?

Not the headline I was expecting the MoS to go with, but probably the most accurate they've printed in like....forever.
457a177fea750bdfbc643d0667294fb2.jpg

Yep, let’s waste shitloads of more public money looking into something most people don’t really care about.....😉
Exactly the problem .... Let's ignore it a bigger liar than trump... But in an age where Lies are easier to believe than the truth meh

I see Boris has commissioned a nice new yacht.

Not sure how a yacht is going to influence future trade deals, but I am happy to be enlightened by others who may think differently.

Haven’t we already spunked a decent wad of cash on fancy livery for a plane? I thought that was our vehicle to promote the U.K. around the world.... now we have a fcuking Yacht.

Gonna have to look at some serious tax avoidance if my hard earned keeps getting pissed up the wall.

I see Boris has commissioned a nice new yacht.

Not sure how a yacht is going to influence future trade deals, but I am happy to be enlightened by others who may think differently.

Haven’t we already spunked a decent wad of cash on fancy livery for a plane? I thought that was our vehicle to promote the U.K. around the world.... now we have a fcuking Yacht.

Gonna have to look at some serious tax avoidance if my hard earned keeps getting pissed up the wall.
Just you wait until the submarine is announced...

Exactly the problem .... Let's ignore it a bigger liar than trump... But in an age where Lies are easier to believe than the truth meh
I’m not saying ignore it, I’d rather not, but you can shout and scream all you want but it won’t make any difference, that’s why you need perspective. And it’s a lot easier on the soul.

I’m not saying ignore it, I’d rather not, but you can shout and scream all you want but it won’t make any difference, that’s why you need perspective. And it’s a lot easier on the soul.

Meanwhile as eyes get turned away, these things get ignored, indifference takes hold our democratic conventions and norms get undermined.

We have potentially the beginnings, of what the Republican Party are doing in the US, in this country with voter suppression for a non existent problem. The Crime Bill that wants to limit protests (meanwhile this Govt is rightly criticising Belarus for suppressing opposition) is being shoehorned in.

Because this is what ignoring things (which is really what you are suggesting even though you say not) does, it erodes the base/the norms on which our democracy operates.

Back
Top Bottom